1       2       3              6      
       end

Archive 2008 · New rumour - June

KiboOst
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · New rumour - June

looscanon wrote:
People who haven't used the new EF 200mm f/2L IS USM yet report that it backfocuses at infinity. For $6,000 you'd think the rumored quality control would be better. That's why I'm switching to Nikon whose rumored products always work perfectly before anyone uses them.

At least something interesting to read on this thread :-)))

May 06, 2008 at 09:24 AM
Mister Phil

p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · New rumour - June

Well, maybe its worth bearing in mind that between the 28th and 30th June in Barcelona the EISA panel decide on the products to be awarded. Brand new products will only be accepted if they have been available for detailed testing before 1 June (latest delay) by at least 5 member magazines of the Panel concerned. In addition, awarded products must also be for sale to the general public no later than 10 September in the year of the EISA Awards in at least 10 European countries.

Having said that the 1D Mark III was awarded an EISA which, with its reported issues, doesn't mean an EISA award gives product confidence but manufacturers do like to have EISA awards.

May 06, 2008 at 09:41 AM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · New rumour - June

EOS20 wrote:
Yeah, They still have some of the cheapest prices on gear in the world, And yet they still complain!

It's all relative, isn't it? Our gas prices are amongst the lowest the world but everyone in the country is up in arms about the ridiculous pricing at the pumps! Truth of the matter is, prices could and should be lower!

May 06, 2008 at 10:31 AM
wkhc168
• • •
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · New rumour - June

Hey Yakim, any updates from your friend? I really wish he is right

May 13, 2008 at 10:30 PM
digitalbug30d
• • • •
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · New rumour - June

why is everyone in a hurry isnt the current 5d good enough? You know canon reps read forums too..they are chompin at the bit to get that xtra$$$. It is ridiculous to always having to upgrade to me the 5d isnt a dinosour yet. I think there should be a longer lifecycle between model changes and not drop a former model so quickly.so they bring out a 4d still keep the 5d for awhile on the shelves.Canon used to do this with their film SLRs you would see AE-1s,AL-1s,AT-1s ect on the same shelve.
What I would want from canon is Lower the price of the 5d to 1599 for starters.
Start competing with the likes of Tamron,Tokina,Sigma and bring out affordable focal lengths that arnt priced like L series or just lower the price of L series lenses by 40 percent

May 13, 2008 at 11:13 PM
mongoose777
• • •
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · New rumour - June

yawn!!

May 13, 2008 at 11:55 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · New rumour - June

digitalbug30d wrote:
why is everyone in a hurry isnt the current 5d good enough? You know canon reps read forums too..they are chompin at the bit to get that xtra$$$. It is ridiculous to always having to upgrade to me the 5d isnt a dinosour yet. I think there should be a longer lifecycle between model changes and not drop a former model so quickly.so they bring out a 4d still keep the 5d for awhile on the shelves.Canon used to do this with their film SLRs you would see AE-1s,AL-1s,AT-1s ect on the same shelve.

IMHO the current 5D lacks absolutely nothing as far as IQ is concerned but I thing that a better AF system, a better screen, a better viewfinder, LV and anti-dust system are more than appropriate. BTW, these are the exact issues that made me skip all former XXD models and get the 40D.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

May 14, 2008 at 12:43 AM
Gerry Szarek
• • • •
p.7 #8 · p.7 #8 · New rumour - June

All I want is a better AF (which is already pretty good), and iso 6400/12800 (regardless of the noise).

I don't care about the screen, the VF is fine, LV sucks in my opinion so leave it OFF, ditto the anti-dust shake thingy(I can clean the sensor myself ).

May 14, 2008 at 07:40 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.7 #9 · p.7 #9 · New rumour - June

I find the IQ of the 5D and good glass spectacular, but I love the feel of my 1D II a lot more. What I want is the 5D sensor in a slightly smaller 1 series body. Yes there is the 1Ds II, but at this stage I want the newer features, lighter body etc and the 1Ds II IQ wise offers very little improvement over a 5D.

May 14, 2008 at 08:44 AM
John Power
• • • • • •
p.7 #10 · p.7 #10 · New rumour - June

There are many of us in that camp. Just take the 1 series body and make it 2/3rd the size. I had a 5D and loved it but there is just something about the feel of that 1 series body, especially the 1DMK2 and 1DMK2N...It feels like it is part of your hand. I never could get that with the 5Dw/ or w/o a grip.

May 14, 2008 at 01:44 PM
Don Clary
• • • •
p.7 #11 · p.7 #11 · New rumour - June

I find the IQ of the 5D and good glass spectacular, but I love the feel of my 1D II a lot more.

I had a 5D and loved it but there is just something about the feel of that 1 series body

Wayne, John, if you were buying your ideal camera, what percentage would you weight each quality? In other words, your ideal camera would have 80% feel and 20% IQ? This isn't a criticism, it is a question of priorities.

Edited on May 14, 2008 at 06:17 PM

May 14, 2008 at 06:16 PM
John Power
• • • • • •
p.7 #12 · p.7 #12 · New rumour - June

That's easy. 100% as to each quality.

May 15, 2008 at 06:59 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.