Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2004 · #95: Anomalous Perspective

Wingspar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · #95: Anomalous Perspective

Jeff Warner wrote:
I just got home from a late flight and have a checkride in the morning, so I really have to get 'on it'. I will get back to this in a day or two when I can, I promise! That being said...

Checkride….. That conjures up only one thing, so I looked at your profile. Fixed winger here, but are you giving or taking a check ride? I had a desire to fly helicopters, but financially, it was out of the question.

Jan 06, 2004 at 08:53 PM
Jeff
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · #95: Anomalous Perspective

MikeM: Thanks Mike!

Wingspar: Actually, taking a checkride. I'm in the process of transitioning over to a different program; I fly an air medical helicopter here in the Rocky Mountain region. Spent about 6 hours in the air today, including a night flight in the mountains til about a half hour ago. I'm beat!

Jan 07, 2004 at 05:11 AM
Wingspar
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · #95: Anomalous Perspective

That sounds like a great job. I never turn down a helicopter ride. I just watched a documentary just last night about a rescue on Mt. Hood in Oregon. An Air National Guard helicopter went down during the rescue at nearly 10,000 feet on the side of the mountain, and the whole thing was documented by a TV helicopter crew. A gust of wind caught them while they were hoovering over the patient about to pick up the patient. No one was seriously injured in the accident. I also have a close friend who flies a fixed wing air ambulance. He’s a CFII also. Kinda handy. I’ve know him since he was a 110 hour private pilot to now at over 4,000 hours, and all kinds of certifications.

Jan 07, 2004 at 02:32 PM
Jeff
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · #95: Anomalous Perspective

Yes, I enjoy my job immensely. It's a great schedule, too: 12-hour shifts, 3 days, 24-hours off, then 3 nights, then six days off. Leaves quite a bit time for the kids, etc.

Oh yeah, I know about that crash... That was a really heavy PaveHawk that probably shouldn't have been up that high trying to do what they were doing. It was really lucky more people weren't hurt+!

Fly safe!

Jan 07, 2004 at 04:15 PM
chrispd
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · #95: Anomalous Perspective

Jeff
well done on your win for #94. And you look to be well ahead on theis one. Congratulations. Chris

Jan 09, 2004 at 05:00 AM
       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password