WA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2008 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · # 279 Hands Across Time

A photo of Eva's hand (Age 6) holding her Grandfather's hand (Age 94). A difference of 88 years.

Edited by Strad on Jan 22, 2008 at 03:16 PM GMT (Reason: Infinitessimally small tweak)

Edited on Jan 22, 2008 at 06:16 PM

Jan 21, 2008 at 11:28 PM
Jazno
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · # 279 Hands Across Time

An excellent creation Endre, beautifully done!

Jason

Jan 22, 2008 at 12:23 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Thanks so much, Jason. I appreciate your kind comment and I'm delighted that you like it.

All best wishes,

Endre

Jazno wrote:
An excellent creation Endre, beautifully done!

Jason

Edited on Jan 22, 2008 at 02:03 AM

Jan 22, 2008 at 02:03 AM
Thea Kirkwood
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · # 279 Hands Across Time

A touching photo. The wise and the innocent captured in the texture of skin. Good luck with your entry. Thea

Jan 22, 2008 at 06:27 AM
MichAg92
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · # 279 Hands Across Time

This is a beautiful photo, one for your daughter to treasure in years to come. Lovely lighting, comp, and a beautiful story. -Amy

Jan 22, 2008 at 08:03 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Thank you so much, Thea. I appreciate your insightful comment and I'm glad you like it.

All the best,

Endre

Thea Kirkwood wrote:
A touching photo. The wise and the innocent captured in the texture of skin. Good luck with your entry. Thea

Jan 22, 2008 at 01:55 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Thank you so much, Amy. I'm delighted that you like it so much. The moment I read the topic, I knew I would shoot this.

All the best,

Endre

MichAg92 wrote:
This is a beautiful photo, one for your daughter to treasure in years to come. Lovely lighting, comp, and a beautiful story. -Amy

Jan 22, 2008 at 01:57 PM
Tom Basore
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Really masterfully done as always Endre. Perfectly beautiful as is and would be wonderful in B&W too IMO.

Jan 22, 2008 at 02:08 PM
nlamendo
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Hello Endre,

This is a really wonderful shot, the kind of shot I think this WA was meant for. The composition and lighting is lovely. You can see the love extend through the generations in this shot. Nice work!

-Nick

Jan 22, 2008 at 02:10 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Thanks so much, Tom, my friend! As always, I appreciate your kind comments. So glad you like it. I had already thought of converting it to B & W. Here's that version.

Fond regards,

Endre

Tom Basore wrote:
Really masterfully done as always Endre. Perfectly beautiful as is and would be wonderful in B&W too IMO.

Jan 22, 2008 at 04:17 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Wow! Thanks for the sweet comments, Nick, my friend! So glad you like it. I do use the WA to expand my portfolio of shots and whenever possible, I try to tell some sort of story with my photos. It's great that you picked up what I intended to communicate.

Fond regards,

Endre

nlamendo wrote:
Hello Endre,

This is a really wonderful shot, the kind of shot I think this WA was meant for. The composition and lighting is lovely. You can see the love extend through the generations in this shot. Nice work!

-Nick

Jan 22, 2008 at 04:21 PM
Karen Gilligan
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Endre,

What a shot! Nicely done. I like the color version. I think the use of the color enhances the shot. IMO the lighting is super. Good luck.

Karen

Jan 22, 2008 at 05:20 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Thanks, Karen! So glad you like it! Not much to the lighting - just a couple of GE "Reveal" bulbs.

All best wishes,

Endre

Karen Gilligan wrote:
Endre,

What a shot! Nicely done. I like the color version. I think the use of the color enhances the shot. IMO the lighting is super. Good luck.

Karen

Jan 22, 2008 at 06:23 PM
Louis Simpson
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Well lit and well done, Endre. I always look forward to your weekly contributions. I like both versions equally, however, I am a big fan of black and white. Your conversion took nothing away from the original and is indeed, impeccable.

Louis

Jan 22, 2008 at 07:44 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Thanks so much, Louis. I'm delighted that you like both versions. I, too, love B & W although I think I'll leave this one in color for the assignment submission. I shot a photo last week for "Reflections" but was just a little late in posting it. Here's what it would have been - taken on my daughter Katalin's 10th birthday.

All best wishes,

Endre

Louis Simpson wrote:
Well lit and well done, Endre. I always look forward to your weekly contributions. I like both versions equally, however, I am a big fan of black and white. Your conversion took nothing away from the original and is indeed, impeccable.

Louis

Jan 22, 2008 at 08:29 PM
einarps
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Wonderful shot and a great fit for the assignment. Simple, yet very describing for the subject. Nice to have such wonderful connections in the family.
Einar

Jan 23, 2008 at 03:58 AM
jban99
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Hello again Endre; I’m glad to see that everything is well with you and your family.
This picture is great and technically perfect.
A real winner that’s sending a wonderful warm message, congratulations…

Jan 23, 2008 at 06:40 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Thank you, Einar. It's always nice to hear from you and I'm so glad you like it. Yes, I'm very blessed in many ways.

All best wishes,

Endre

einarps wrote:
Wonderful shot and a great fit for the assignment. Simple, yet very describing for the subject. Nice to have such wonderful connections in the family.
Einar

Jan 23, 2008 at 07:51 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Thanks so much, John, my friend! I'm so glad you like it! As I wrote previously, the shot popped into my head immediately. for me, I think that's the best way to get a good shot, although, I often seem to manage when my back is up against the wall.

Fond regards,

Endre

jban99 wrote:
Hello again Endre; I’m glad to see that everything is well with you and your family.
This picture is great and technically perfect.
A real winner that’s sending a wonderful warm message, congratulations…

Jan 23, 2008 at 07:54 PM
Chad Schulz
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · # 279 Hands Across Time

Awesome shot. I personally prefer the color version, although the B&W is good as well. Sometimes I think we use B&W more than needed. Something about B&W seems more professional and classier--even though it's not.

I think the color one is awesome and in no need of conversion/improvement

Great Photo/Concept,
Chad

Edited by Chad Schulz on Jan 27, 2008 at 02:17 AM GMT

Edited on Jan 27, 2008 at 03:17 AM

Jan 25, 2008 at 02:53 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.