Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules · Current entries
  

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2008 · # 279 Hands Across Time
  
 
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · # 279 Hands Across Time


A photo of Eva's hand (Age 6) holding her Grandfather's hand (Age 94). A difference of 88 years.

Edited by Strad on Jan 22, 2008 at 03:16 PM GMT (Reason: Infinitessimally small tweak)






Edited on Jan 22, 2008 at 11:16 PM



Jan 22, 2008 at 04:28 AM
Jazno
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · # 279 Hands Across Time


An excellent creation Endre, beautifully done!

Jason



Jan 22, 2008 at 05:23 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Thanks so much, Jason. I appreciate your kind comment and I'm delighted that you like it.

All best wishes,

Endre


Jazno wrote:
An excellent creation Endre, beautifully done!

Jason



Edited on Jan 22, 2008 at 07:03 AM



Jan 22, 2008 at 07:03 AM
Thea Kirkwood
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · # 279 Hands Across Time


A touching photo. The wise and the innocent captured in the texture of skin. Good luck with your entry. Thea


Jan 22, 2008 at 11:27 AM
MichAg92
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · # 279 Hands Across Time


This is a beautiful photo, one for your daughter to treasure in years to come. Lovely lighting, comp, and a beautiful story. -Amy


Jan 22, 2008 at 01:03 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Thank you so much, Thea. I appreciate your insightful comment and I'm glad you like it.

All the best,

Endre


Thea Kirkwood wrote:
A touching photo. The wise and the innocent captured in the texture of skin. Good luck with your entry. Thea




Jan 22, 2008 at 06:55 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Thank you so much, Amy. I'm delighted that you like it so much. The moment I read the topic, I knew I would shoot this.

All the best,

Endre

MichAg92 wrote:
This is a beautiful photo, one for your daughter to treasure in years to come. Lovely lighting, comp, and a beautiful story. -Amy




Jan 22, 2008 at 06:57 PM
Tom Basore
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Really masterfully done as always Endre. Perfectly beautiful as is and would be wonderful in B&W too IMO.


Jan 22, 2008 at 07:08 PM
nlamendo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Hello Endre,

This is a really wonderful shot, the kind of shot I think this WA was meant for. The composition and lighting is lovely. You can see the love extend through the generations in this shot. Nice work!

-Nick



Jan 22, 2008 at 07:10 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Thanks so much, Tom, my friend! As always, I appreciate your kind comments. So glad you like it. I had already thought of converting it to B & W. Here's that version.

Fond regards,

Endre


Tom Basore wrote:
Really masterfully done as always Endre. Perfectly beautiful as is and would be wonderful in B&W too IMO.









Jan 22, 2008 at 09:17 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Wow! Thanks for the sweet comments, Nick, my friend! So glad you like it. I do use the WA to expand my portfolio of shots and whenever possible, I try to tell some sort of story with my photos. It's great that you picked up what I intended to communicate.

Fond regards,

Endre

nlamendo wrote:
Hello Endre,

This is a really wonderful shot, the kind of shot I think this WA was meant for. The composition and lighting is lovely. You can see the love extend through the generations in this shot. Nice work!

-Nick




Jan 22, 2008 at 09:21 PM
Karen Gilligan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Endre,

What a shot! Nicely done. I like the color version. I think the use of the color enhances the shot. IMO the lighting is super. Good luck.

Karen



Jan 22, 2008 at 10:20 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Thanks, Karen! So glad you like it! Not much to the lighting - just a couple of GE "Reveal" bulbs.

All best wishes,

Endre


Karen Gilligan wrote:
Endre,

What a shot! Nicely done. I like the color version. I think the use of the color enhances the shot. IMO the lighting is super. Good luck.

Karen




Jan 22, 2008 at 11:23 PM
Louis Simpson
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Well lit and well done, Endre. I always look forward to your weekly contributions. I like both versions equally, however, I am a big fan of black and white. Your conversion took nothing away from the original and is indeed, impeccable.

Louis



Jan 23, 2008 at 12:44 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Thanks so much, Louis. I'm delighted that you like both versions. I, too, love B & W although I think I'll leave this one in color for the assignment submission. I shot a photo last week for "Reflections" but was just a little late in posting it. Here's what it would have been - taken on my daughter Katalin's 10th birthday.

All best wishes,

Endre


Louis Simpson wrote:
Well lit and well done, Endre. I always look forward to your weekly contributions. I like both versions equally, however, I am a big fan of black and white. Your conversion took nothing away from the original and is indeed, impeccable.

Louis









Jan 23, 2008 at 01:29 AM
einarps
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Wonderful shot and a great fit for the assignment. Simple, yet very describing for the subject. Nice to have such wonderful connections in the family.
Einar



Jan 23, 2008 at 08:58 AM
jban99
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Hello again Endre; I’m glad to see that everything is well with you and your family.
This picture is great and technically perfect.
A real winner that’s sending a wonderful warm message, congratulations…



Jan 23, 2008 at 11:40 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Thank you, Einar. It's always nice to hear from you and I'm so glad you like it. Yes, I'm very blessed in many ways.

All best wishes,

Endre

einarps wrote:
Wonderful shot and a great fit for the assignment. Simple, yet very describing for the subject. Nice to have such wonderful connections in the family.
Einar




Jan 24, 2008 at 12:51 AM
Strad
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Thanks so much, John, my friend! I'm so glad you like it! As I wrote previously, the shot popped into my head immediately. for me, I think that's the best way to get a good shot, although, I often seem to manage when my back is up against the wall.

Fond regards,

Endre

jban99 wrote:
Hello again Endre; I’m glad to see that everything is well with you and your family.
This picture is great and technically perfect.
A real winner that’s sending a wonderful warm message, congratulations…




Jan 24, 2008 at 12:54 AM
Chad Schulz
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · # 279 Hands Across Time


Awesome shot. I personally prefer the color version, although the B&W is good as well. Sometimes I think we use B&W more than needed. Something about B&W seems more professional and classier--even though it's not.

I think the color one is awesome and in no need of conversion/improvement

Great Photo/Concept,
Chad

Edited by Chad Schulz on Jan 27, 2008 at 02:17 AM GMT

Edited on Jan 27, 2008 at 08:17 AM



Jan 25, 2008 at 07:53 AM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password