FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4774      
       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4775 #1 · p.4775 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just beginning to warm up Jo! All kidding aside, I came home last night, lit the fireplace, wrapped myself in a blanket and Photoshopped for three hours. My core warmth was just about back to normal at the end of that. They have a slotted window in the doors, but it is just so restrictive that I never opt for that feature. My helicopter people know that if I have it booked, the door comes off.

Please give Sir Donald our best and let him know that he is always welcome, images or not, I miss him!

Jan 18, 2018 at 09:41 PM
Donald Gray
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4775 #2 · p.4775 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear Jim and all my dear friends here on MA2A and a special thanks to Lady Jo for passing on greetings both ways.

Yes, unfortunately age and mobility have caught up on me and I regret that air shows are a bit of a historical memory now
I still have my Canon 5D2 body but my beloved 28 - 300 L is now sitting on eBay at a ridiculous price.

This is my first visit to MA2A for a long time and it is wonderful to see how many pages there has been (I joined at about page 600). It is great to see many of the familiar names are supporting the page. Greetings to you all and a very Happy New Year...

Jan 19, 2018 at 10:27 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.4775 #3 · p.4775 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great seeing you, Sir Donald, please keep visiting and posting here! Sorry to hear your health is keeping you off the naughty fields, and even the non-naughty fields. I do miss your posts.

Donald Gray wrote:
Dear Jim and all my dear friends here on MA2A and a special thanks to Lady Jo for passing on greetings both ways.

Yes, unfortunately age and mobility have caught up on me and I regret that air shows are a bit of a historical memory now
I still have my Canon 5D2 body but my beloved 28 - 300 L is now sitting on eBay at a ridiculous price.

This is my first visit to MA2A for a long time and it is wonderful to see how many pages there has been (I joined at about page 600). It
...Show more

(I better post a photo so the script doesn't activate)

NightOwl Cat 2018

NIKON D50    24.0-85.0 mm f/3.5-4.5 lens    24mm    f/5.6    1/5s    400 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Jan 19, 2018 at 11:13 AM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4775 #4 · p.4775 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Welcome back, Sir Donald :-)

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:42 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4775 #5 · p.4775 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yes, a warm welcome back Sir Donald! You have been missed and I appreciate Jo getting us all back in touch. Sorry to hear that you aren't as spry as you once were, but we seniors need to hang together and remind each other that the challenges of aging still beat the alternative You are a valued charter member, drop by, post previous images, or just say Hi and share how you are and what's happening in your world. You know that this is about a lot more than photography.

Hope you have a wonderful day and weekend!

JW

Jan 19, 2018 at 03:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Donald Gray
• • • •
p.4775 #6 · p.4775 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you young James. The warmth of the welcome back is very much appreciated. I have indeed popped in from time to time but I have been exceptionally busy with other things as well as having both hips replaced with tin ones... but it is taking far longer to get about these days.

I may not have the physical ability to get on a pair of running shoes but I do exercise both brain cells when the other one wakes up! I have recently purchase a Bridge Camera - a Nikon P900 with a wicked 2000mm optical zoom. Not good for tracking fast movers but a great birding camera - It lacks RAW/NEF but I cand sit in the summer house and click away and dream of nice things.

I am kept very busy with my other passion. I am a Freemason and have been since 1978. I've been the Master of two Lodges and now the secretary of another one. Calling Me 'Sir Donald' does make me smile but though strictly not true, I am a Knight. Not a Knight of the Realm but a Knight of the Temple (AKA Knights Templar) It all helps to keep me out of trouble (Except with Mrs G!)

Well I suppose I had post a photo - this one was taken with my mobile phone & messed with in Photoshop

(I just removed the image as it was far too big... )

Jan 19, 2018 at 05:11 PM
Donald Gray
• • • •
p.4775 #7 · p.4775 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy time at Yeovilton Photo-shoot day with Nick Johnson

A little bird taken with the Nikon P900 2000mm lens

Where I do my Masonic things - photo taken with my smart phone.

Jan 19, 2018 at 07:55 PM
Donald Gray
• • • •
p.4775 #8 · p.4775 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Welcome back, Sir Donald :-)

Thank you Lady Jo

Jan 19, 2018 at 10:58 PM
kdrk888
• • •
p.4775 #9 · p.4775 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Spent some time yesterday with the girls watching The Earth II/BBC on a new 75" Sony 900E in the family room, just amazing. Those BBC specials are a cinematic tutorial all on their own. Certainly it helps to have an unlimited budget and no schedule on top of that, kind of like a National Geographic assignment, but I think The BBC trumps Nat Geo. The perspectives and the slices of nature those cinematographers capture is beyond remarkable.

Interestingly, the average BBC cinematographer makes $118,000 annually, top guys might make $160K. That's not bad for sure, but I would have thought
...Show more

Jim, I just watched the episode about humming birds, amazing...

Happy New Year to all!

Douglas

Jan 20, 2018 at 02:40 AM
Massimo Foti
• • •
p.4775 #10 · p.4775 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Pilatus P-3 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

https://www.p3flyer.ch/

Jan 20, 2018 at 05:59 AM