FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4617      
       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4618 #1 · p.4618 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Glenn, my robotics guys from TI are taking this v3.0 rig seriously. I went to HQ this morning to reorganize my gear for the rest of the week's assignments and they were busily working on a full scale wooden mock up! These guys are wizards, scary bright and can do math way beyond my third grade level ....... A week from today actual fabrication begins. I have a good friend who flies Triple 7's internationally for AA, he moonlights as the most incredible Heliarc artist you have ever seen, every weld looks like a perfect stack of dimes. I talked with him today and he said to plan on anodizing the rig instead of painting it, because it's going to be a work of art. Think I'll anodize it red!

Whoops! TOPP....................

Apr 25, 2017 at 02:11 AM
ELinder
• • •
p.4618 #2 · p.4618 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

OK, here's a challenge: What do you have with the wings in the folded position?

Erich

NIKON D5    300.0 mm f/4.0 lens    300mm    f/18.0    1/60s    100 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Apr 25, 2017 at 02:47 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4618 #3 · p.4618 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A much longer take off roll..................?

Apr 25, 2017 at 03:31 PM
ELinder
• • •
p.4618 #4 · p.4618 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

touché

Erich

Apr 25, 2017 at 03:55 PM
gerov
• • • • •
p.4618 #5 · p.4618 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A Corsground - since it's never gonna make it into the air like that

Apr 25, 2017 at 04:00 PM
JDE1

p.4618 #6 · p.4618 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

OK, Erich, I'll play.

Apr 25, 2017 at 05:40 PM
ELinder
• • •
p.4618 #7 · p.4618 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Folded rotors also count!

Erich

E-M1    OLYMPUS M.12-40mm F2.8 lens    29mm    f/4.0    1/500s    200 ISO    +0.3 EV  

E-M1    OLYMPUS M.12-40mm F2.8 lens    34mm    f/4.0    1/800s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

E-M1    OLYMPUS M.12-40mm F2.8 lens    12mm    f/5.6    1/60s    1000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 25, 2017 at 07:53 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4618 #8 · p.4618 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ELinder wrote:
Cool, there's a number of times you can see how much he's throwing that yoke around. Do you video the joins/rejoins with the military guys? There's something special about seeing someone smoothly close in along the ideal line and stop at just the right place.

Erich

Hey Erich: we do but they dont usualy join up so aggressively from out on the wing. he was pretty good!

Glenn

Apr 25, 2017 at 08:03 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4618 #9 · p.4618 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

gerov wrote:
A Corsground - since it's never gonna make it into the air like that

"More powerrrrrrr................!"

Apr 25, 2017 at 08:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4618 #10 · p.4618 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey those are just electric winglets on the 18!

Apr 25, 2017 at 08:30 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4618 #11 · p.4618 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I may never have to leave my city limits to do business again. Just did a groundbreaking for a $100M development five minutes from my front door. Based upon the people I met with, the next 24 months are going to be rockin' ! And, three more announcements coming that should dovetail nicely into this project.

Apr 25, 2017 at 08:35 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4618 #12 · p.4618 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hey Erich: we do but they dont usualy join up so aggressively from out on the wing. he was pretty good!

Glenn

There is also something scary about watching someone do that and wondering if they are going to misjudge. Glenn knows whereof I speak. You are looking through the camera, the subject is zipping in on a diagonal to join with you, or slide underneath. There are moments that you hold your breath because a slight miscalculation and it's raining aluminum and fire.

Glenn, remember the Kate sliding underneath us that morning? From our vantage point it looked like about 24" from the prop tip to the bottom of our fuselage. Did we ever look at that clip? I'll go find it.

Apr 25, 2017 at 08:40 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4618 #13 · p.4618 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Registration confirmed for June 9th Behind The Scenes tour. Looks like I may pack some manual focus lenses to lighten the bag a little. The last time I had scheduled a trip there was five years ago, but things changed drastically and I had to cancel.

Some of the restrictions and info below if anyone else is considering a trip this year, they do require your drivers license number (or passport) when registering:

--------------------

* All bags will be subject to search upon entrance to the Museum.

All guests (including base employees) are REQUIRED to stay for the duration of the tour as this is a secured area.

PLEASE BE ADVISED:
During late spring and summer months the Restoration Hangar can get very hot. Please dress accordingly.

Please remember:
* Behind the Scenes participants must be at least 12 years old.
* Participants between the ages of 12 and 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
* All tour participants 18 years of age and older must present a valid, photo ID (i.e. driver's
license) at time of sign-in.

* Addresses and ID information provide at pre-registration must match those on ID provided at time of check-in.

Failure to do so will result in tour refusal. Corrected information may be emailed to this email address.

* Foreign visitors must present an original passport.
* If you must cancel please do so at least 3 days prior to the tour. You may do so via the email address from which the confirmation was sent or by calling 937-255-4652
* No switches to guests list will be made. Guests registered for the tour, may not switch or trade their seats with others.
* For security reasons, all bags are subject to search.
* Backpacks, packages and large camera cases are not permitted on the shuttle bus.
* Shuttle buses are not handicapped accessible.

Individuals requiring assistance should contact the Museum's Education Division at least one week in advance at 937- 255-4652.

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:54 PM
ELinder
• • •
p.4618 #14 · p.4618 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Laura, they didn't say anything about my large camera backpack when i did the tour. I even had my tripod strapped to the side. Then again it was 5 years ago, so how strict they are now I don't know.

Erich

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:19 PM
ELinder
• • •
p.4618 #15 · p.4618 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
There is also something scary about watching someone do that and wondering if they are going to misjudge. Glenn knows whereof I speak. You are looking through the camera, the subject is zipping in on a diagonal to join with you, or slide underneath. There are moments that you hold your breath because a slight miscalculation and it's raining aluminum and fire.

Glenn, remember the Kate sliding underneath us that morning? From our vantage point it looked like about 24" from the prop tip to the bottom of our fuselage. Did we ever look at that clip? I'll go find it.

Believe me, I know how quickly they can get scary. Flew enough scary ones myself when I was getting my FAST wingman qualification. :-) That's why I asked about the military guys - and gals- doing the rejoins. I know all the variables, so may be able to appreciate them even more when done right. When it clicks it's like a work of art.

Erich

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:24 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4618 #16 · p.4618 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You are a man of many talents Erich! I admire that!!

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:35 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4618 #17 · p.4618 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Erich, For me, it's more the heat factor than security. Heat and I don't get along. Five years ago, they didn't have the metal detectors and bag check into the museum, either. You just walked in.

ELinder wrote:
Laura, they didn't say anything about my large camera backpack when i did the tour. I even had my tripod strapped to the side. Then again it was 5 years ago, so how strict they are now I don't know.

Erich

Apr 26, 2017 at 09:14 AM
       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password