FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4750      
       4752              4776       4777       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

DanNehmer
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4751 #1 · p.4751 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, Iowa could be on the return leg too. Just saying.........

Dan

Photo add for Anwar Haven't shot anything that is flying for a long time, you'll have to accept Home Coming photo's - My "Baby" Annie is a freshman, growing up into a wonderful young lady and went off to the dance this year with some of her friends. She brought them all over for photo's before the dance and Dad got to play some. The girls really had fun this afternoon and I won't bore you with the 100's of photo's, just 2 to tease you all. Dan

Annie

Annie and Friends

Edited on Dec 06, 2017 at 03:14 AM · View previous versions

Dec 05, 2017 at 03:08 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.4751 #2 · p.4751 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dan... If I'm online, Anwar is not far behind me

DanNehmer wrote:

Dan

Dec 05, 2017 at 03:19 AM
USM IS
• • •
p.4751 #3 · p.4751 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Between Dan and I we could acknowledge a wing tip dip our way. But itís blowing like a hurricane up this way, gusting to 50.......

Mike

Dec 05, 2017 at 04:05 AM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.4751 #4 · p.4751 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nickjohnson wrote:
Thea and I went for a gentle stroll along the beach yesterday. No wind so the cold was not so bad. Stokes Bay is one of many shingle beaches here on the UK south coast. Many where used as launch points for the D Day invasion force. In particular, Stokes Bay was used as an assembly point for the floating concrete harbour sections known as Mulberry.

Here is a view and a pic of a commemorative plaque. Don't pay any attention to the poor quality - they are just work in progress with the nifty fifty. Instead, you may like
...Show more

Known that spot since I went to Alverstoke Infant School (was by the Italianate Church in Anglesey Road near where Stephenson Close is now) where my late mother taught, and then to Alverstoke C of E Junior School where Sherwin Walk is now (named after the headmaster). We used to walk to school from our house in Bury Crescent either along the old railway line that ended at the former pier station at Stokes Bay (also long gone) or down Green Lane. In those days you could lie on your back on the parkland behind Stokes Bay Sailing Club and see and hear all the skylarks above you - not any more!! Good days that I didn't really appreciate at the time

HMS Dolphin and Southsea (naval memorial visible) beyond in about 1963

Dec 05, 2017 at 11:47 AM
nickjohnson
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4751 #5 · p.4751 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nrferguson wrote:
Known that spot since I went to Alverstoke Infant School (was by the Italianate Church in Anglesey Road near where Stephenson Close is now) where my late mother taught, and then to Alverstoke C of E Junior School where Sherwin Walk is now (named after the headmaster). We used to walk to school from our house in Bury Crescent either along the old railway line that ended at the former pier station at Stokes Bay (also long gone) or down Green Lane. In those days you could lie on your back on the parkland behind Stokes Bay Sailing Club and
...Show more

If I have time I will try and do a modern version of that view - don't hold your breath!

Dec 05, 2017 at 12:17 PM
alawadhi
• • •
p.4751 #6 · p.4751 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

DanNehmer wrote:

Dan

Something missing Dan

Dec 05, 2017 at 04:16 PM
alawadhi
• • •
p.4751 #7 · p.4751 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
and most likely I shouldn't bring a camera

futurshox wrote:
Yeah, right!

Spot on, I bet

Edited on Dec 05, 2017 at 04:20 PM · View previous versions

Dec 05, 2017 at 04:17 PM
alawadhi
• • •
p.4751 #8 · p.4751 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
You guys are hilarious!

We love you, Jim, and your family

Dec 05, 2017 at 04:18 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4751 #9 · p.4751 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Anwar, the feeling is mutual my friend!

Dec 05, 2017 at 04:32 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4751 #10 · p.4751 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I like my spot in the tail best, but this seat is pretty amazing too...................

Dec 05, 2017 at 04:57 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4751 #11 · p.4751 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I was doing some reading this evening, on commercial architectural photography, and I happened across this article. Jan Arie most likely knows of this gentleman. Very interesting, and mildly depressing all at once. This 36 year old guy is, it seems, the most sought after architectural photographer of the decade. He knows nothing about architecture (his own admission), really doesn't care for architects in general because they are too much about money shots of their projects and he is leans toward documentary type images of buildings in their environment and how people fit into their use. He uses a 35mm, sometimes a point and shoot, no lighting, doesn't scout projects just shows up and starts shooting. I'm at once fascinated by his approach and technique, and on the other hand the whole story makes me want to step into oncoming traffic. Impressive and unfathomable.............

https://www.fastcodesign.com/1662463/meet-iwan-baan-todays-leading-architectural-photographer-slideshow

Dec 06, 2017 at 02:35 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4751 #12 · p.4751 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

DanNehmer wrote:

Dan

Photo add for Anwar Haven't shot anything that is flying for a long time, you'll have to accept Home Coming photo's - My "Baby" Annie is a freshman, growing up into a wonderful young lady and went off to the dance this year with some of her friends. She brought them all over for photo's before the dance and Dad got to play some. The girls really had fun this afternoon and I won't bore you with the 100's of photo's, just 2 to tease you all. Dan

Beautiful Dan! Anybody can shoot airplanes..........

Dec 06, 2017 at 04:29 AM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.4751 #13 · p.4751 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Went to a Victorian Christmas Fair at the weekend with a bunch of re-enactors who call themselves The Ragged Victorians and dress as working class Victorians ie poor and dirty Will definitely go and see them again

Ratchatcher (note rats on sash)

Dog faeces collector (you could sell it for a penny a bucket for use in the tanning industry)

Dec 06, 2017 at 03:30 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4751 #14 · p.4751 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Methinks that might be a bit too much realism..................

Dec 06, 2017 at 08:03 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4751 #15 · p.4751 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

This stuff just keeps getting cooler................

https://www.cinema5d.com/freefly-systems-announces-the-movi-smartphone-cinema-robot/

Edited on Dec 06, 2017 at 09:08 PM · View previous versions

Dec 06, 2017 at 08:08 PM
ELinder
• • •
p.4751 #16 · p.4751 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, that link goes to a YouTube directory page.

Dec 06, 2017 at 08:55 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4751 #17 · p.4751 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Erich! Try this one......

https://www.cinema5d.com/freefly-systems-announces-the-movi-smartphone-cinema-robot/

Dec 06, 2017 at 09:08 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4751 #18 · p.4751 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here's something you might get a laugh out of. Halle asked me for a camera about six months ago and I gave her a Canon SureShot. I don't think she has taken that camera off her wrist since I gave it to her, except for school. She shoots stills, she shoots video, she pretends she is Vlogging, she just loves it. They do "Elf on the shelf" at their house and have since it came out. The elf showed up a week or so ago and apparently Halle decided that she was going to solve the mystery of how the elf gets into all the predicaments it does around their home during the month of December. Last night the whole group was heading to the mall to Christmas shop for a group of needy families they help. Halle, without mentioning it to anyone, had devised a plan where she will conceal her SureShot, point it at the elf, and start rolling video. She apparently made sure her memory card was formatted and her battery was fully charged. Before they leave the house, Halle implements her plan because the elf always gets into some type of trouble when they are gone, or sleeping. They're shopping away at the mall and Halle confides in Faith that she is going to find out just exactly how their elf gets in all this trouble, and that she has set her plan in motion. Faith is like her Grandmother and couldn't stray from the straight and narrow if her life depended on it, and she is horrified. She decided to discreetly tell Jennifer about Halle's plan because she is is afraid that, if the elf finds out, he'll leave and never come back, plus she couldn't keep a secret for love nor money.

Jennifer chews on this whole scenario for a bit and texts us to help advise her on a course of action. Halle's Grandfather thinks she should get an A+ for creativity and stealth, but that is voted down immediately. Obviously there are some intricacies here that need to be protected for a few more years, but I have to say I'm darned impressed Ultimately Jennifer sat down with Halle and explained that Faith felt she needed to breach that confidence for the good of all involved. She applauded her ingenuity, but encouraged her to clue her Mom in on this kind of stuff so they could consider the ramifications together, before it is too late.

I've been breaking out in laughter the whole day imagining Halle devising and implementing her plan, that little gal is going to go far in life, and the A+ still stands as far as I'm concerned.

Dec 06, 2017 at 09:37 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4751 #19 · p.4751 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

An unusual perspective ..................

Dec 07, 2017 at 05:34 AM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.4751 #20 · p.4751 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Here's something you might get a laugh out of. Halle asked me for a camera about six months ago and I gave her a Canon SureShot. I don't think she has taken that camera off her wrist since I gave it to her, except for school. She shoots stills, she shoots video, she pretends she is Vlogging, she just loves it. They do "Elf on the shelf" at their house and have since it came out. The elf showed up a week or so ago and apparently Halle decided that she was going to solve the mystery of how the
...Show more

I showed Thea the above and she got a good laugh. It came as no surprise to me at all - I remember the pic of Miss H operating the lift control box in your hanger. Focus - check, Determination - check, Concentration - check. I imagine keeping up with her may be great fun .... in short bursts!

Dec 07, 2017 at 11:35 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password