FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4721      
       4723              4755       4756       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4722 #1 · p.4722 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And missing Jim's presence here. Hoping he's catching up on his backlog of work so he can have a lot more fun at Alliance this year.

Edit to add TOPP. Haven't shot a camera since the middle of August.... Here's Felix from the mouse's point of view..

RIP Felix

Oct 05, 2017 at 12:34 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.4722 #2 · p.4722 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I've finally been near my camera, even if I've only managed to shoot two of my son's U9 soccer games and a bunch of gear I need to sell. Still, making images of any kind is a step forward at this point.

Can't wait for Lightroom to update so I can see my D850 RAW files and process those soccer games. I just don't have the time to run everything through ACR/Bridge right now.

Very cool perspective of Felix, by the way.

Oct 05, 2017 at 01:50 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.4722 #3 · p.4722 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

runakid wrote:
I like the planes- don't know about the rest.

This thread is different than most on FM. It's sort of a social hour for a bunch of folks with common, but widely varied interests. Most of us started here for the aircraft but now it's much more. Many of us have met in person, and we have just as much interest in one another's personal lives now (and probably more) than we do the aircraft.

People come and go, but a lot of us have been here for many years. I think my first post was over 10 years ago. It's not for everyone, but it works for us.

Mark

Oct 05, 2017 at 04:14 AM
runakid
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4722 #4 · p.4722 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ok, now I understand. I expected just planes. By the way, the pictures are beautiful. Thanks for clearing that up. Do you get together as a group at air shows?

Oct 05, 2017 at 12:37 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.4722 #5 · p.4722 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It works for us indeed! And the photography is, in many cases, absolutely world-class.

For those who might be shopping for gear: this would seem to be a good time to pick up some nice new Nikon stuff. With all the new releases and people upgrading, prices on older equipment have taken a pretty big hit. I'm rather surprised to see that my D810, until recently Nikon's flagship and $3300 new, will sell for $1600 or less. Same for the 24-70G ($1200), and especially the 70-200/2.8G VR, which costs $2800 new and seems to be going for $1100 to $1200 in great condition.

Oct 05, 2017 at 12:47 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.4722 #6 · p.4722 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

runakid wrote:
Ok, now I understand. I expected just planes. By the way, the pictures are beautiful. Thanks for clearing that up. Do you get together as a group at air shows?

Yes, as much as possible. I've met people from this group in London, Ohio, Washington DC, Arizona, Texas, and God knows where else. We've put together groups to go to more-distant airshows, and several of us have joined ISAP (the International Society of Aviation Photographers, a very welcoming group) to learn more and enjoy the craft. After a decade here, give or take bit, several in this group I now count as friends. Never mind all that I've learned from this group; and at least one of us (Glenn Watson) has developed a new career with its roots in this thread and in the friendships within it.

It really is a great group. Stick around.

Oct 05, 2017 at 12:50 PM
bkp944

p.4722 #7 · p.4722 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
And missing Jim's presence here.

+1

Haven't shot a camera since the middle of August...

Shooting quite a bit, processing is another matter. F-35 picture from the Vectren Air Show in Dayton this past June.
-Brian

F-35

Oct 05, 2017 at 02:26 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.4722 #8 · p.4722 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Really nice capture of the F-35, Brian. And though I'm no expert on the subject, I'd suggest that it would look even better if you do a little less sharpening. Seems a little too strong around the edges for me.

Oct 05, 2017 at 07:01 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.4722 #9 · p.4722 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

SWEET.

I had to pass on it this year for the memorial service for my mother in law, back in Massachusetts. Made a photography trip of it on the way home. Met up last year with a couple folks from FM (here and another thread) and one from my AOL days when I was back for the memorial service for my father in law.

I owe a lot to both threads, kept me sane when my world was crashing around me.

bkp944 wrote:
+1

Shooting quite a bit, processing is another matter. F-35 picture from the Vectren Air Show in Dayton this past June.
-Brian

Oct 05, 2017 at 07:02 PM
viczig
• • • •
p.4722 #10 · p.4722 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The Collings Foundation aircraft were at the Plymouth MA airport this week. The only one I saw in the air was there Mustang. A couple of MA National Guard Blackhawks stopped by for lunch.

Oct 05, 2017 at 07:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Zane Adams
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4722 #11 · p.4722 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

+1 on Missing Jim.

Nice pix Vic, isn't Toulouse a beautiful machine!?

Oct 05, 2017 at 07:35 PM
USM IS
• • •
p.4722 #12 · p.4722 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

+1 on Missing Jim.

What you all said.....,.........

Oct 05, 2017 at 08:49 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.4722 #13 · p.4722 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

What about Jo ?

Oct 05, 2017 at 09:42 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.4722 #14 · p.4722 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Just to keep this thread going... posting some differently processed photos from a concert back in June. Worked five 12's last week, 4 12's this week....

Nice shots Laura, I'm partial to the interesting colors and tones.

Charles

Oct 05, 2017 at 10:55 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.4722 #15 · p.4722 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

She's been MIA about a month, too, along with Anwar, who has been missing for 3 months...

@futurshox
@alawadhi

Bill Gass wrote:
What about Jo ?

Oct 05, 2017 at 10:57 PM
bkp944

p.4722 #16 · p.4722 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Really nice capture of the F-35, Brian. And though I'm no expert on the subject, I'd suggest that it would look even better if you do a little less sharpening. Seems a little too strong around the edges for me.

Thanks, I agree, it's overprocessed. I'll try to dial it back a bit.

Oct 05, 2017 at 10:57 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.4722 #17 · p.4722 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Charles

unclechuck wrote:
Nice shots Laura, I'm partial to the interesting colors and tones.

Charles

Oct 05, 2017 at 11:00 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.4722 #18 · p.4722 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ELinder wrote:
"The rest" is what most of us do when we can't get to aviation related things. Personally I'm interested in what catches the eye of other people here on the thread.

Erich

What a spectacular image --- great definition and your capture of the black shading is stunning.

A Trophy Shot!

Charles

Oct 05, 2017 at 11:03 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.4722 #19 · p.4722 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
And missing Jim's presence here. Hoping he's catching up on his backlog of work so he can have a lot more fun at Alliance this year.

Edit to add TOPP. Haven't shot a camera since the middle of August.... Here's Felix from the mouse's point of view..

Laura

I'm looking at that liminous green eye and wondering who's on the menu ....?

Charles

Oct 05, 2017 at 11:05 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.4722 #20 · p.4722 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti wrote:
This thread is different than most on FM. It's sort of a social hour for a bunch of folks with common, but widely varied interests. Most of us started here for the aircraft but now it's much more. Many of us have met in person, and we have just as much interest in one another's personal lives now (and probably more) than we do the aircraft.

People come and go, but a lot of us have been here for many years. I think my first post was over 10 years ago. It's not for everyone, but it works for us.
...Show more

Mark

I'm new here but this thread is a delight --- interesting subjects, fabulous photography, Stunning A2A and air-to ground, and diverse interests to flesh out the minds and hearts behind the camera. Great fun, and totally unique in my seven years + of FM experience. Wish I'd invested more time here much earlier.

Charles

Oct 05, 2017 at 11:10 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password