FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4635      
       4637              4744       4745       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4636 #1 · p.4636 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh, and congratulations Niall, you deserve that honor, they're all beautiful!!

Whoops!!! TOPP!!!

May 19, 2017 at 03:14 PM
kwbarnes
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4636 #2 · p.4636 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JayDavis wrote:
I was in Texarkana Arkansas today, photographing a Citation II for a broker, and this nice Gulfstream came in for a landing while I was out on the ramp. (deleted)

Jay, there is something about your "client" images that has puzzled me. The non-client image in the quoted message finally caused me to ask...

In your "client" images you apparently remove the N numbers from the aircraft in post production. I was curious why. Is it something your clients ask for, are you also posting the images with a "stock" agency, or is there some other reason that hasn't occurred to me?

Every time you post a "client" image, the same question comes to mind so I might as well ask why.

Ken

May 19, 2017 at 04:07 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4636 #3 · p.4636 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Funny, much as I didn't have any desire to become UAS capable, I find myself with a current backlog of work for the P4Pro that is worth about 20 grand. That's with no marketing, in fact the opposite! One thing that's becoming abundantly clear, our winds have been absurd for the past 90 days, I need a Quad that isn't bothered by 15-20. The P4Pro does a good job at 5-10, and of course loves "light and variable", but we're not getting much of that so far this year.

I have no doubt that an Inspire 2 5.2K is in my future, but I'd really like to get a couple hundred hours of work behind me before I start launching $15,000 into the blue.

May 19, 2017 at 04:34 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.4636 #4 · p.4636 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No B&W here .... but if you'd like a little red star Yak .....

May 19, 2017 at 04:56 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.4636 #5 · p.4636 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

From my film class days...

NightOwl Cat 2017

Nikon N90s    400 ISO  

May 19, 2017 at 05:23 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.4636 #6 · p.4636 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And another from film class...

NightOwl Cat 2017

Nikon N90s    400 ISO  

May 19, 2017 at 05:24 PM
ELinder
• • •
p.4636 #7 · p.4636 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nrferguson wrote:
OK having won this week's club print competition with my B&W Jaguar, I thought I'd have a go at some others from the same shoot. Which do members prefer (if at all)?

I think I'd go with the color version, albeit with a bit of a crop closer to 16x9 to put more emphasis on the plane and light volume than the hangar floor and rafters.

Here's my B&W contribution.

Erich

May 19, 2017 at 08:45 PM
JayDavis
• • • •
p.4636 #8 · p.4636 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Had to wait until today to post a shot from my Lear Jet 45 shot on Monday.

The client was unveiling a new branding on their charter fleet and had a big debut with the jet earlier today in Connecticut.

I think they did a great job with the new paint scheme!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

May 19, 2017 at 09:05 PM
JayDavis
• • • •
p.4636 #9 · p.4636 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

kwbarnes wrote:
Jay, there is something about your "client" images that has puzzled me. The non-client image in the quoted message finally caused me to ask...

In your "client" images you apparently remove the N numbers from the aircraft in post production. I was curious why. Is it something your clients ask for, are you also posting the images with a "stock" agency, or is there some other reason that hasn't occurred to me?

Every time you post a "client" image, the same question comes to mind so I might as well ask why.

Ken

Ken,

Glad to answer this question for you.

Most of the times, the aircraft is for sale, some are owned by individual owners and some are owned by corporations, either way, most of them want privacy with the "N numbers" so I just always do it, out of respect for their privacy.

Some don't care, either way, I just have my own "set" of photos and I always take the N number off.

I have also sold some to stock image agencies, and that is another reason for the removal of it.

Hope this clears it up, for you.

Thanks for taking the time to ask the question.

May 19, 2017 at 09:09 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4636 #10 · p.4636 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Looks like I have a 747 800i completion to shoot in the near future. Probably be a week long shoot, could be two with weather and the shot list. The aircraft will pick me up at AFW (KTKI can't accommodate a 74) then we'll go to a stunning location the client and I have chosen for exteriors/interiors and an air to air or two. Given the scope of the project, and the logistics I'm thinking at least a couple more pairs of talented hands might be a big benefit. Truly First Class travel, hotel, day rate, the whole enchilada, the budget on this one is pretty much non-existent, in a good way. Bad news is, if there is any, it will be a short fuse, probably less than 24 hour notice, and we'll be in for whatever the duration ends up being. Anyone think they fit, and could have that scheduling flexibility, give me a heads up.

May 20, 2017 at 02:52 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4636 #11 · p.4636 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

brian_sp wrote:
Thanks Jim, only problem is the airport isn't photo friendly, i have to deal with shooting either through a chain link fence or in the case of that photo standing on my car door sill and trying to shoot over it but the barb wire on top of the fence got in the way
would like to take some wire cutters there and cut my own lens access holes

Hi Brian,

Isn't there someone you could schmooze with these wonderful images? You never know until you ask, they may bring you into the fold and give you some great access.

May 20, 2017 at 03:03 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.4636 #12 · p.4636 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Lots of luck with this one Jim, definitely way above my pay grade, as well as inflexibility with my work schedule.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Looks like I have a 747 800i completion to shoot in the near future. Probably be a week long shoot, could be two with weather and the shot list. The aircraft will pick me up at AFW (KTKI can't accommodate a 74) then we'll go to a stunning location the client and I have chosen for exteriors/interiors and an air to air or two. Given the scope of the project, and the logistics I'm thinking at least a couple more pairs of talented hands might be a big benefit. Truly First Class travel, hotel, day rate, the whole enchilada, the
...Show more

May 20, 2017 at 03:07 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4636 #13 · p.4636 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

On the technology front, I had a meeting with a good client today and part of the reason for it, was to show me how they were utilizing a series of aerials, drone footage, and ground based still images that I recently captured for an important presentation and ongoing marketing. We were sitting in a great conference room with a big Sony flat screen and they brought up a cool map of properties that they own. The real magic began when they clicked on the property, several windows opened up providing access to the drone footage and the still images, yet another window provided a wealth of information relating to the property, and the demographics of the area. One mouse click and you instantly saw, the mix and density of housing/shopping and entertainment nearby, the population, median income, unemployment rate, and a whole host of additional information. The presentation was absolutely mesmerizing, mind boggling actually. Then the really good news, the dozens of properties that needed updated imagery, aerials, drone clips, and architectural surface shots.

What a wonderful time to be an image maker, truly exciting!

May 20, 2017 at 03:15 AM
JDE1

p.4636 #14 · p.4636 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Well I guess I'm going to be a contrarian on this one, I kind of like the subtle color tone to the other image, but the B&W is beautiful as well!

I agree with Erich on the crop and Jim on the color one. It seems to me to have more depth.

May 20, 2017 at 09:36 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4636 #15 · p.4636 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I can't remember if I posted this, it's a bit of overkill for the Cub, but it works up to 7,500 lbs. Overkill or not, it's fun, and a darn good way to be able to watch wingtips as you move the plane in and out.

May 20, 2017 at 02:10 PM
kwbarnes
• •
p.4636 #16 · p.4636 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Almost lost the house yesterday. My youngest brother put a couple pots on the stove, and then left. I was downstairs on the computer and didn't know he was gone.

My other brother came to the house and saw smoke billowing out of an open bedroom window. He said the smoke upstairs was so thick he could barely see. He threw a couple of doors and windows open, then started talking about the smoke. I came upstairs when I heard him, and we opened the rest of the house up.

Luckily the pots both had lids on them, so what fire there was stayed in the pot. Damage is limited to some smoke stains around the stove, and a the awful smell of burnt hot links, throughout the entire upstairs.

If you have smoke detectors in your house, test them (ours did not work when we needed it). If they are a few years old, replace them. If you don't have smoke detectors, go buy a couple. TODAY!!!

Ken

May 20, 2017 at 08:46 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4636 #17 · p.4636 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good advice Ken! Glad you guys are ok!!

May 20, 2017 at 09:12 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4636 #18 · p.4636 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

YourrrrrrrrrrrrOUT!

May 21, 2017 at 01:57 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.4636 #19 · p.4636 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And Weston made about ten of these last night...............

May 21, 2017 at 02:03 AM
JayDavis
• • • •
p.4636 #20 · p.4636 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

When I was over in Texarkana, AR on Friday, photographing a Citation for my client, this nice looking Lear 75 decided to drop by for a visit.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Off to Florida for two Hakwer 900XP's and a King Air. A "working" vacation for me and my wife.

May 21, 2017 at 12:21 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password