1       2       3              4278      
       4280              4532       4533       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nrferguson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4279 #1 · p.4279 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
That is the flying bobbed tail feathers of a competitor.

I had actually thought it was a bound hoof - methinks a clone tool is needed. Some of my friends go up to Smith's Lawn in Windsor Great Park to watch/photograph polo and I keep meaning to go along (I have seen them play a few times when walking but without a camera). Polo was reputedly introduced to England in 1834 by the 10th Hussars in Farnborough (of the airshow and where I used to work) when some cavalry subalterns playing billiards in the Queens Hotel (now the Holiday Inn - Aldershot, home of the British Army starts where Farnborough stops) decided to take a ball and cues across the road to the large grassed area that still exists. In 1984 the Smith's Lawn club came to the Queen's and presented a mounted billiard ball inscribed - I came across it on a window sill in a corridor at the hotel some years ago.
Niall

Nov 01, 2015 at 11:53 PM
Wrei
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4279 #2 · p.4279 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Made it down to Randolph...home of the Taj Mahal. Two of my favorite acts. First time to see Rob Holland from the ground...he is the best ever.

Canadair T-33

Rob

Nov 02, 2015 at 04:02 AM
Tim Ashton
• • • •
p.4279 #3 · p.4279 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The British Army brought polo back from India. It originated in Iran and is alleged to be the oldest team sport in the world.

Changed dramatically over the last 40 years as where once it was played by people who grew up on horse back, with costs escalating it is now played by business professionals who have the money but not the horse riding skills, so the rules now reflect that and where once the speed of the ball dictated the speed of the game with players passing the ball forward, now the rules protect possession. means that at the top level at least two horses per chukka are required as the horses travel further and the net speed of the game is slower.

Also these days, because it is the size of ones cheque book that dictates whether you play or not, it has becaome a lot more dangerous via the lesser horseman ship skills

Before you all flame me; I held a four goal handicap aged 24 (nearly half a century ago!!)

PS. Jim. The lesser degree of horseman ship is another reason to be careful behind the goal posts

Edited on Nov 03, 2015 at 05:00 AM · View previous versions

Nov 02, 2015 at 07:03 AM
Zane Adams
• •
p.4279 #4 · p.4279 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

So...I encountered a lens problem this weekend. My Canon 100-400L locked up on me. It was zoomed out to 400mm and when I tried to bring it back to anywhere less than @ 250mm it just stopped. It would not move lower...only back out to 400mm. I jiggled it a bit and it finally came back. It will not go all the way back to 100mm...almost, within 1/8' or so. It feels rough. Nothing visible on the outside...and it is still nice and sharp @ 100mm.. I'm guessing something catastrophic has happened inside. UGH...

Anyone else ever seen this kind of thing...Wondering how much Christmas money it's going to take out of the budget to fix...did I say UGH?

Z

Nov 02, 2015 at 02:13 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4279 #5 · p.4279 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Doesn't sound good Zane. Might give Canon service a call.

Living in northern Central Texas, we usually have a lot of wind. So I guess I was surprised when the smoke stayed around the entire airshow in San Antonio.

Nov 02, 2015 at 03:56 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4279 #6 · p.4279 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zane Adams wrote:
So...I encountered a lens problem this weekend. My Canon 100-400L locked up on me. It was zoomed out to 400mm and when I tried to bring it back to anywhere less than @ 250mm it just stopped. It would not move lower...only back out to 400mm. I jiggled it a bit and it finally came back. It will not go all the way back to 100mm...almost, within 1/8' or so. It feels rough. Nothing visible on the outside...and it is still nice and sharp @ 100mm.. I'm guessing something catastrophic has happened inside. UGH...

Anyone else ever seen this kind
...Show more

Zane prob one of the bearings is stuck you have to bring it in for service or you will damage it and ask for a quote..

Nov 02, 2015 at 09:21 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4279 #7 · p.4279 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei wrote:
It is wonderful to know great people...and they reside within this thread. Glenn submitted my name for a Hero Flight with none other than Rob Holland. (Yeah, that's a big deal to me!) Glenn and David flew down to Kelly Field to snap some shots to validate the event. After the photo shoot, Rob and I went off to do a little aerobatic work. AWESOME DAY!!! Bucket List is done!

http://www.rayswindlepix.com/img/s12/v183/p1598850481-5.jpg

http://www.rayswindlepix.com/img/s3/v38/p1598850491-5.jpg

Couldn't figure out the proper "thumbs up" in this orientation!

http://www.rayswindlepix.com/img/s8/v83/p1598850506-5.jpg

What an awesome opportunity Wrei! I"m glad I got to shoot these for you. I wish we could have spent more time together down there!

Glenn

Nov 02, 2015 at 09:34 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4279 #8 · p.4279 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Had the opportunity to finally shoot an image thats been in the works for about 2 years of air force red tape and scheduling and you name the challenge.

The 99th FTS is the descendant of the famed "Red Tail" fighter squadron in WWII - the Tuskegee Airmen. So putting these two up over the Randolph Taj was pretty neat to see and be a part of...

Glenn

Nov 02, 2015 at 09:39 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4279 #9 · p.4279 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

They have all their Jayhawks painted with RedTails....

Glenn

Nov 02, 2015 at 09:41 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4279 #10 · p.4279 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn

Nov 02, 2015 at 09:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Wrei
• • • •
p.4279 #11 · p.4279 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Been waiting to see these big Glenn! Outstanding effort for getting the job done!

Nov 02, 2015 at 09:49 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4279 #12 · p.4279 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn

Nov 02, 2015 at 09:49 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4279 #13 · p.4279 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

When you get in free, I guess getting to see half a show isn't bad...

Nov 02, 2015 at 10:40 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.4279 #14 · p.4279 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Saturday I had the opportunity to attend a Platinum/Palladium printing workshop with a colleague and good friend. It was a wonderful experience to craft these prints with mine own hands using this alternative process. It was also great to be back in a real darkroom again. Albeit, you don't need to turn the lights out. The workshop was lead by master platinum/palladium printer and fine art photographer Ryuijie - http://www.ryuijie.com

We submitted three digital images to Ryuijie several weeks ago and he created "digital negatives" for our contact printing work. Digital negatives are simply negatives created in LR or PS and printed via an Epson injet printer on a clear plastic material I compare to the clear stuff used with overhead projectors. Our negatives were sized as 5x7's, but you could make them as big or as small as your injet printer could accommodate. We'd coat our paper with either a platinum or palladium solution, dry it, and then place one of our negatives on top in a contact printing frame. The frame is place in a UV exposure box. Exposure times were typically in the 3 to 5 minute range. You then take the exposed paper out an place it in a tray of developer. Unlike traditional silver-based printing, these platinum/palladium prints appear almost instantly in the developer. After 30-seconds you run your print through several "clearing" baths/trays and ultimately place the print in an archival washer for 15-30 minutes - then air dry.

I've scanned and attached one of my platinum prints. Please be advised that this scan doesn't due the platinum/palladium process justice because; 1) I have a very mediocre scanner; and 2) I'm still learning, so my print is not as good as it could be. Properly done, platinum and palladium prints are absolutely magical and have a beautiful glow and subtle tonality. Until you see one of these prints in person, you can't really appreciate their unique qualities. The also have nearly unlimited permanence. It was a terrific experience I hope to pursue going forward. As a side note, my friend and I were the only participants with airplane images. Accordingly, we stood out from the other participants that were printing their versions of "Moonlight over Hernandez"

Nov 03, 2015 at 01:08 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4279 #15 · p.4279 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No airshow promo package is complete without Rob Holland flying upside down:

Nov 03, 2015 at 02:15 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4279 #16 · p.4279 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn

Nov 03, 2015 at 02:16 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4279 #17 · p.4279 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nov 03, 2015 at 02:16 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4279 #18 · p.4279 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glad to see you back in the saddle Glenn, and continuing your outstanding imagery, well done!

Nov 03, 2015 at 02:45 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4279 #19 · p.4279 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn, I think Rob likes flying upside down more than normal flying. When he rolled upside down for the upside down shots, I think he threw a gum wrapper at me because it flew forward on the canopy. He asked me to retrieve it. I chuckled and said sure. Thought it was weird it flew forward.

I think Rob would like to have wheels on top and bottom so he can land upside down!

Nov 03, 2015 at 02:56 AM
Razor17
• •
p.4279 #20 · p.4279 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zane Adams wrote:

Anyone else ever seen this kind
...Show more

Zane, call Jay at Arlington Camera...

Nov 03, 2015 at 03:22 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password