1       2       3              4277      
       4279              4531       4532       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4278 #1 · p.4278 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Did you know that crepuscular rays continue across the sky and become anticrepuscular rays, converging on the antisolar point?

Wow! I think that gives me a headache to think about...

Oct 31, 2015 at 02:33 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4278 #2 · p.4278 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mid week Sheila mentioned a gathering at church on Friday night and asked if I would like to go. My schedule has been, well you know what my schedule is like, but I kind of sensed that she wanted to go, to be together and to be with our friends in the congregation, so I winced (internally) smiled and said "Sure!" The evening was nice and I was pretty numb from the week's assignments and I was just happy to be off my feet for an evening. We had an activity where everyone broke into small groups for a few minutes to get to know each other better. A little silver haired gentleman slipped into the group and stood to my right. Everyone was engaged and he was a little bit of a late comer and I didn't want him to feel left out so I extended my hand, leaned toward him because he seemed like he had a hearing challenge, and introduced myself. He was born and raised in Graham Texas, about 5'9 and weighed in at a little over a buck. Someone said something about military service and Bill, my new friend, looked at me and smiled. He told me that when he turned 18 and was immediately classified 1A, Korea was heating up and he had no intention of pounding the frozen Korean turf so he headed for the Air Force recruiting office. I asked if he flew and his eyes lit up as he said "Yup!" , T-6's, T-28's, T-33's and the F86 Super Sabre. Well needless to say the rest of our group faded in the background as Bill and I talked shop. When I mentioned HQ and how much I would enjoy having him out to soak up some aviation, the light in his eyes was unmistakable.

The evening's activities progressed, but for some reason I couldn't quit thinking about Bill and hatching a plan to get him back around airplanes. When we were breaking up for the evening I told Sheila I'd be back in a minute and I ducked over to say bye to Bill and to let him know that I'd be calling him very soon for airplanes and lunch. He introduced me to his wife. We all walked toward the door, but Bill made a detour to the men's room for a minute. Bill's wife told me she knew that we were talking about flying from across the room because she could tell Bill was in heaven. I mentioned wanting to get Bill out to the airport for some fun and she said that would be wonderful for his spirits as he has been in a three year battle with Multiple Myeloma and it was winning at the moment. So, my reasons for being there tonight, like so much of life, had absolutely nothing to do with what I though they were. Sure wish The Wilson Air Wing was farther down the road and I could give Bill a little Mustang time. Oh well The Keeper of the Skies orchestrated this, so i guess I must have the tools necessary to complete the task.

Oct 31, 2015 at 03:11 AM
Zane Adams
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4278 #3 · p.4278 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim.... Wow the Lord certainly is at work at all times.... Very cool! So much for taking the night off! He is using you to the full extent... Greatness!

Edited on Nov 02, 2015 at 02:04 PM · View previous versions

Oct 31, 2015 at 04:48 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4278 #4 · p.4278 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good one Jim, great story to start the day have a great weekend everybody...

Oct 31, 2015 at 07:59 AM
MMcGrath
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4278 #5 · p.4278 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Interesting read:

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/nation/the-top-ten-richest-photographers-in-the-world/

Guess wealth is easier to quantify as compared to the top ten "best" shooters in the world.

Surprised that a lot of well known photographers not on that list, people like Leibovitz & Mario Testino who get a lot of high profile gigs.

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:48 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4278 #6 · p.4278 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The arrow has been chosen from the quiver. I know you'll do Him proud.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Mid week Sheila mentioned a gathering at church on Friday night and asked if I would like to go. My schedule has been, well you know what my schedule is like, but I kind of sensed that she wanted to go, to be together and to be with our friends in the congregation, so I winced (internally) smiled and said "Sure!" The evening was nice and I was pretty numb from the week's assignments and I was just happy to be off my feet for an evening. We had an activity where everyone broke into small groups for a few
...Show more

Edit to add TOPP, sorry, it's either another Valkyrie, or something from Sunday's shoot

Edited on Nov 03, 2015 at 02:22 AM · View previous versions

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:38 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4278 #7 · p.4278 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good Morning All! Thanks! Often I'm concerned that I'm too focused and moving at a pace that doesn't allow me to recognize opportunities He has for me. While that may be the case at times, experience indicates when He really has something for me to do, He makes it pretty clear. Humbling for sure.

Oct 31, 2015 at 02:40 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4278 #8 · p.4278 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good Morning Mark,

I thought the same thing at first, but many of those high profile photographers have such huge overhead that their bottom lines are pretty thin. Annie isn't in the running in fact she's been in negative territory on the balance sheet for years.........seven figure deficits.

Oct 31, 2015 at 02:44 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4278 #9 · p.4278 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote:
Surprised that a lot of well known photographers not on that list, people like Leibovitz & Mario Testino who get a lot of high profile gigs.

I'm surprised that this piece of journalistic dreck would get published... Oh, wait: it's the Internet.

Oct 31, 2015 at 04:14 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4278 #10 · p.4278 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, your wonderful story strikes a deep chord. Multiple myeloma is one of those incurable cancers that strikes hard and can only be slowed, not stopped. I'm visiting a good friend in Chicago next week; he's been living with the disease since 2002. He's waged a dogged, expensive, hard-fought medical war to stay alive this long, and we both know time is short: no one has ever survived as much as 15 years after diagnosis. But 13-1/2 years is longer than any of his doctors would have predicted (they didn't know this guy the way I do: he's a bulldog), so who knows, really.

Your new friend should take heart: medical science is making steady progress toward managing the disease. Blessings to you both.

Oct 31, 2015 at 04:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4278 #11 · p.4278 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Zim, back at you and your friend as well. Bill starts some new experimental regimen on Friday, only five people were allowed into this trial, i think it's his third or fourth run at it. Brother, gimme a slow roll in my Mustang with about 100' too little altitude..............

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:21 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4278 #12 · p.4278 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm in the process of configuring my new iMac, it's upstairs learning things from my little less new iMac. Love the new, no batteries, keyboard and mouse. I'm sure I'll love the whole thing. My 64 GB of RAM hasn't arrived yet, probably will this week.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:28 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4278 #13 · p.4278 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Funny, the people wondered if I would have trouble photographing due to the speed of the horses Although, one of those or that dang ball they whack around would kill you as quick as an F16 coming off the rails. The guy who keeps the scoreboard ( I'm sure there is a technical name for his position) befriended me. I was walking from between the goal posts to the other side of the field and he shouted at me to come back over to where he was, he said, "You're not official until you wake up in the ambulance wondering what happened....!" I never went back to that spot between the posts.......

Nov 01, 2015 at 02:19 AM
ELinder
• • •
p.4278 #14 · p.4278 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

My first thought when I saw them all fly by me at my first polo match was, I NEVER want to be near a real stampede of any kind! Pretty cool how much the shafts bend when they're taking a shot too. I wish I had more opportunities to shoot polo, but for some reason they don't like the winter up here.

Erich

Nov 01, 2015 at 02:28 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4278 #15 · p.4278 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Quite a demanding sport...............

Nov 01, 2015 at 02:28 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4278 #16 · p.4278 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nov 01, 2015 at 03:45 AM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.4278 #17 · p.4278 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ELinder wrote:
My first thought when I saw them all fly by me at my first polo match was, I NEVER want to be near a real stampede of any kind! Pretty cool how much the shafts bend when they're taking a shot too. I wish I had more opportunities to shoot polo, but for some reason they don't like the winter up here.

Erich

Especially financially!! I believe that each player needs four mounts for a match

A recently built (first flight July 2015) Chilton DW1A replica

Nov 01, 2015 at 09:57 AM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.4278 #18 · p.4278 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:

Jim,
I'm not surprised you found it scary if that's a bit of L-glass at the left margin

Nov 01, 2015 at 10:24 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4278 #19 · p.4278 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nrferguson wrote:
Jim,
I'm not surprised you found it scary if that's a bit of L-glass at the left margin

If it's L-glass, I think it's taken that ambulance ride a few times...

Niall, that is a lovely aeroplane and photo.

Nov 01, 2015 at 01:22 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4278 #20 · p.4278 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That is the flying bobbed tail feathers of a competitor.

Nov 01, 2015 at 08:13 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password