Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4262      
       4264              4308       4309       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4263 #1 · p.4263 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Nick, thanks! Charlie is part Golden, part Great Pyrenees. JR rescued him, he was a tiny pup, malnourished, dehydrated and had developed Parvo. The vet he brought Charlie to suggested that he be euthanized because the cost to treat him and the chances of survival were high on the $$$ end and slim on the survival end. JR wouldn't hear of it and told him to do whatever it took to return him to health. They have been joined at the hip ever since. Charlie is welcome in any courthouse in East Texas, and if they aren't together, everyone asks where Charlie is. The Parvo stunted his growth, he's seven years old and everyone thinks he's a pup. Charlie is miffed by that, although loves the attention, because he doesn't even think he's a dog

Charlie boy isn't much of a traveler, so JR is trying to figure out how to acclimatize him to private jet travel, because he won't leave him home if Sheila and I aren't there to be with him.

Here's a couple of shots shortly after Charlie was returned to health.................

Aug 09, 2014 at 03:49 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4263 #2 · p.4263 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei wrote:
You guys posting those D810 photos make me want to go out and get one and a couple of the lenses...then I come to my sense and remember you guys also have a lot of skill, technique and experience...Oh well!

(Just because I haven't posted a photo in a long time.)
http://eddiewreispix.zenfolio.com/img/s7/v153/p605410970-6.jpg

We have you fooled Wrei!

What is your schedule like next week? Have any interest in lighting and shooting interiors for a day?

Aug 09, 2014 at 04:04 PM
Wrei
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4263 #3 · p.4263 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It is slowing down. Interest, sure.

Aug 09, 2014 at 04:22 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4263 #4 · p.4263 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'll give you a heads up when I know exactly what I'm doing.

Aug 09, 2014 at 04:23 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4263 #5 · p.4263 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Another 810 capture, out the car window at a stoplight................pretty impressive dynamic range.........

Aug 09, 2014 at 04:35 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4263 #6 · p.4263 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Boydo called me the other day. We had just missed each other at the camera shop when I picked up the new Nikon. He finally bit the bullet and bought a 5DIII. He got his money's worth out of his 1D! A while back we had lunch and then stopped in to say Hi to Glenn Beck, Jeremy pulled up his library of images and we scrolled through them, simply breathtaking. Sadly, captured at 4.25mp. Makes you think about the reasons to be shooting 4K today, and taken a step further 80mp Phase One. Granted, the difference between 4.25mp and 36.6 is not likely to be seen again because you'll always be able to make a gorgeous display print from a 108mb file, but there is something to be said for shooting the highest res capture that one can pony up for. When you look at Jeremy's images, and the rare opportunities that he made the most of, all on the 1D it makes you think what if. They are priceless captures.

Aug 09, 2014 at 04:47 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4263 #7 · p.4263 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

HondaJet
Outside The Box or Off The Deep End?

Aug 09, 2014 at 06:41 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4263 #8 · p.4263 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

When have you seen 'hard points' on top of a wing?

Aug 09, 2014 at 07:29 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.4263 #9 · p.4263 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Nick, thanks! Charlie is part Golden, part Great Pyrenees. JR rescued him, he was a tiny pup, malnourished, dehydrated and had developed Parvo. The vet he brought Charlie to suggested that he be euthanized because the cost to treat him and the chances of survival were high on the $$$ end and slim on the survival end. JR wouldn't hear of it and told him to do whatever it took to return him to health. They have been joined at the hip ever since. Charlie is welcome in any courthouse in East Texas, and if they aren't together, everyone
...Show more

Ah, so that's what's different. I could see that Charlie was a bit special – but had no idea what that might be. Please let JR know that in the event that Charlie ever gets to the UK he will go MIA and the trip will be a one way deal. I'm relaying that as a direct order from my C in C.

Aug 09, 2014 at 07:32 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.4263 #10 · p.4263 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well …... I was fooling with some ideas – trying to get the pixels to look something like what I thought I had in my head. What I ended up with is a “creation” that is truly way out in left field for me. In fact it's more like something from that slightly obscure '70s west cost band - Jeff Weilker and the Medicine Cabinet. Anyway – wadayathink?

Aug 09, 2014 at 07:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

KJindaUK
• • •
p.4263 #11 · p.4263 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Man, that's a great result under marginal lighting, Kev. I hope you get a chance to upgrade to the D810 at some point. The D800 is already an amazing studio/landscape/architectural camera, but with the better AF, bigger buffer and higher frame rate, plus DX mode (and RAWs), the D810 is also a pretty fair sports/action body. When you need studio quality you just go with FF and RAW; but with a fast CF card you can shoot DX RAW frames at 4800x3200 at 6fps, for as long as you care to hold down the shutter button (I think there's a
...Show more

Thanks Steve, I decided to concentrate on the approach shots due to the wash from the stern giving a nice fill light underneath the jets for a brief few seconds, so having 400mm was very useful for that. Unfortunately time down on the flight deck was very brief so the chance to capture the crew at work wasn't there.

I hope to upgrade at some point but for me the benefits of the D810 are fairly marginal at the moment, I still haven't really fully gotten the most from my D800! For speed I'm hoping for a fast DX body with a good buffer to be announced soon so I can upgrade my D300, but in truth I can almost always make do with the D800 for aviation subjects.

Here's another quick edit from my Hawaiian adventure, local Raptors at play.

Cheers,

Kev

Aug 09, 2014 at 08:50 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4263 #12 · p.4263 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

awesome!

Aug 09, 2014 at 09:35 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4263 #13 · p.4263 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Kevin, you must have pulled some serious strings to get those opportunities. Well done!

Aug 09, 2014 at 09:48 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4263 #14 · p.4263 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The mighty Pipistrel Virus SWiS (my airplane!) from the nearly-mighty Pipistrel Sinus Flex.

I really have to work on my A2A skills when flying solo in formation.

Aug 09, 2014 at 09:51 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4263 #15 · p.4263 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nickjohnson wrote:
Well …... I was fooling with some ideas – trying to get the pixels to look something like what I thought I had in my head. What I ended up with is a “creation” that is truly way out in left field for me. In fact it's more like something from that slightly obscure '70s west cost band - Jeff Weilker and the Medicine Cabinet. Anyway – wadayathink?

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5584/14868513052_70e1cfeeed_o.jpg

I like it Nick. Way to take a walk on the wild side

Aug 10, 2014 at 01:55 AM
Razor17
• •
p.4263 #16 · p.4263 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Another 810 capture, out the car window at a stoplight................pretty impressive dynamic range.........

From down here you all had some more to see tonight...

Aug 10, 2014 at 03:39 AM
dtw757
• •
p.4263 #17 · p.4263 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Driving back through the Columbia River Gorge looking at the fires outside the Dalles, OR and this pulled up next to us and took a long drink out of the river to go drop on the fires.Gulping by stuart.mike, on Flickr

Aug 10, 2014 at 04:52 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4263 #18 · p.4263 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Kyle Franklin high-alpha pass at OSH...

Aug 10, 2014 at 09:13 AM
KJindaUK
• • •
p.4263 #19 · p.4263 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Love the detail in that shot Jay! Steve those air-to-airs are great, can't be easy doing both jobs at once!

Love the colours and clarity of that Seaking Mike, never seen those colours before.

Kev

Aug 10, 2014 at 09:25 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.4263 #20 · p.4263 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wish it was a D810 capture for the resolution, but had the wide angle on the D3s.

Snowbirds Boom by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

this one was an 810:

Around Mt Baker by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Aug 10, 2014 at 02:14 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password