Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4256      
4257
       4258              4397       4398       end
  

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
  
 
Zane Adams
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4257 #1 · p.4257 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Whilst on vacation last month I took the Camera, tripod, a bunch of lights and color gels to our family's place in New Mexico.

After playing with HDR and PS this is what came out looking cool in my minor artsy fartsy mind.

Whadda think?

Zane



Edited on Aug 04, 2014 at 03:06 AM · View previous versions



Aug 04, 2014 at 02:41 AM
stevezzzz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #2 · p.4257 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


I spent the afternoon tooling around the high peaks in the Pipistrel Sinus Flex motorglider. Had the video camera running out on the wing, too, so you get to come along...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azbba-sDfZI







Aug 04, 2014 at 02:44 AM
david russell
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4257 #3 · p.4257 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Glenn Watson wrote:
The high alpha is 120mph i think - maybe you can push the nose down for a quick pass!


hmm.....I'm nearly vertical (down) pushing the red line, they are hanging right on the edge of falling out of the sky and a Bonanza with a guy hanging out the door trying to catch the image is flying nearby......alas, another A2A wish list item of mine that will never happen....oh well, a pilot can dream.


Edited on Aug 04, 2014 at 03:00 AM · View previous versions



Aug 04, 2014 at 02:52 AM
david russell
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4257 #4 · p.4257 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


stevez wrote:
I spent the afternoon tooling around the high peaks in the Pipistrel Sinus Flex motorglider. Had the video camera running out on the wing, too, so you get to come along...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azbba-sDfZI


Good stuff Steve. I'm pretty sure that I saw you up near the east end of Boulder Canyon and over toward lefthand today. I was working in 72W.



Aug 04, 2014 at 02:59 AM
stevezzzz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #5 · p.4257 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


david russell wrote:
Good stuff Steve. I'm pretty sure that I saw you up near the east end of Boulder Canyon and over toward lefthand today. I was working in 72W.


Yes, David, I turned to avoid you on tow in 72W as I was homeward bound. Small world, ain't it?



Aug 04, 2014 at 03:27 AM
david russell
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4257 #6 · p.4257 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


stevez wrote:
Yes, David, I turned to avoid you on tow in 72W as I was homeward bound. Small world, ain't it?


yes it is........and I appreciate your turn!



Aug 04, 2014 at 03:30 AM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #7 · p.4257 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


One of the pressures of commercial work is constantly having to make lemonade out of lemons. What do you do when you're asked to make the best of a sky like this?..............







Aug 04, 2014 at 02:09 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #8 · p.4257 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Photoshop and the D800 files are wonderful things in cases like this. I would have hated to have been shooting Kodachrome.







Aug 04, 2014 at 02:12 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #9 · p.4257 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


You were busy creating that shot Zane!


Aug 04, 2014 at 02:14 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #10 · p.4257 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Zane Adams wrote:
Whilst on vacation last month I took the Camera, tripod, a bunch of lights and color gels to our family's place in New Mexico. [...] Whadda think?


I think you've got a lot more free time than I do! And I like the image, too. You had a concept in mind and you executed it well. The rest is a matter of taste: some people may not like it, but that's a personal preference and not a reflection on your work.



Aug 04, 2014 at 02:28 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #11 · p.4257 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


A few days in a cabin in New Mexico.....Yeah, I could go for that!!

Let's see Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Austin x 6, Dallas x 4, OKC, Houston x 7, Chicago x 3, Portland x 4, Ponte Vedra x 8,.....um, nope, no cabin in sight.........

JR just got riddled with anti everything vaccinations because he is off to Africa soon to close one of his deals. After he told me the list of what they gave him, I suggested he not drink water until all the holes healed up or he'd look like a soaker hose!



Aug 04, 2014 at 02:50 PM
stevezzzz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #12 · p.4257 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JWilsonphoto wrote:
Photoshop and the D800 files are wonderful things in cases like this. I would have hated to have been shooting Kodachrome.


RAW files, FTW!



Aug 04, 2014 at 03:42 PM
BillyBlaylock
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #13 · p.4257 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


It is great! Gotta feed the artsy fartsy side sometimes .

Zane Adams wrote:
Whilst on vacation last month I took the Camera, tripod, a bunch of lights and color gels to our family's place in New Mexico.

After playing with HDR and PS this is what came out looking cool in my minor artsy fartsy mind.

Whadda think?

Zane

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5587/14466786659_59d6954b6b_b.jpg




Aug 04, 2014 at 04:32 PM
JWilsonphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #14 · p.4257 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Well here's a little more info on the hangar/FAA mess. Don't know that this makes me feel a whole lot better. How about the FAA arguing that bookshelves aren't allowed!? I guess it's time to buy some ground, put in a beautiful grass strip and get as far out of the limelight as feasible. That's sad isn't it?!

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/101/2873-full.html?ET=avweb:e2873:247948a:&st=email#222540



Aug 04, 2014 at 05:21 PM
Ryan Harris
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4257 #15 · p.4257 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Zane, I actually think it is one my favorite shots of yours that I've seen. I dig the artistic take on the whole thing, from the colors, to the really great detail that is seen in the cabin. Very very cool!


Aug 04, 2014 at 05:31 PM
Wrei
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4257 #16 · p.4257 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Jim, there's at least 4 'grass strips' within 1/2 mile of my place and one very small private field. On many weekends you can see pilots buzzing each others strips. Oh, and KTPL is less than 2 miles from here. None have control towers.


Aug 04, 2014 at 05:44 PM
stevezzzz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #17 · p.4257 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Just in my twelve-unit hangar condo, there are several non-aviation uses going on. This is potentially a bigger can of worms than the whole UAV/quadcopter question.

I guess from the EAA's point of view this is an improvement over the previous policy, but it's hard to see how building an airplane can with a straight face be labeled a non-aviation-related activity.



Aug 04, 2014 at 05:44 PM
RobMoser
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #18 · p.4257 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JWilsonphoto wrote:
A few days in a cabin in New Mexico.....Yeah, I could go for that!!

Let's see Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Austin x 6, Dallas x 4, OKC, Houston x 7, Chicago x 3, Portland x 4, Ponte Vedra x 8,.....um, nope, no cabin in sight.........

JR just got riddled with anti everything vaccinations because he is off to Africa soon to close one of his deals. After he told me the list of what they gave him, I suggested he not drink water until all the holes healed up or he'd look like a soaker hose!


Back when I was in the Navy during that SE Asian unpleasantness we got all the shots in the International shot certificate book and then two more pages of things hand written in.

But they did it with air guns that felt like somebody was drilling a hole in your arms. You'd walk around for a day with a walnut sized bulge on each arm

Rob



Aug 04, 2014 at 06:04 PM
Colin Giersberg
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #19 · p.4257 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


I think I have posted one for two videos previously from this modeler. Really nice work and all scratch built to various scales. Check out the Junkers G24.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60S1zQcSUro&index=7&list=UUXsr8uOVGuZ2l32ssJrwbkg


ps. All of his models look great.



Aug 04, 2014 at 06:36 PM
nrferguson
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4257 #20 · p.4257 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Ryan Harris wrote:
Zane, I actually think it is one my favorite shots of yours that I've seen. I dig the artistic take on the whole thing, from the colors, to the really great detail that is seen in the cabin. Very very cool!


+1
Niall



Aug 04, 2014 at 07:09 PM
1       2       3              4256      
4257
       4258              4397       4398       end




FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4256      
4257
       4258              4397       4398       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password