FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4250      
       4252              4533       4534       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ELinder
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4251 #1 · p.4251 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff, so glad it turned out well. Kids are amazingly resilient, but obviously her guardian angel was working overtime that day!

Erich

Sep 21, 2015 at 06:44 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4251 #2 · p.4251 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh Jeff! Unthinkable, just unthinkable. I'm going to my knees in thanks for your blessing. Thank you for sharing your experience, and your insight as a follower of Christ.

Sheila and I attended a memorial service this morning for the husband of a friend from church. He was caught between two tractor trailer rigs last Thursday on the way home from a business trip, one lost control, the other pushed him into the first one, it was over in an instant. My thoughts this morning mirror yours and the Holy Spirit is urging me to compose a post. I'll do that later today if He grants me the time.

If I was anywhere close to you geographically Jeff, I would come and cry/rejoice with you my friend. Know I'm doing that from here.

Sep 21, 2015 at 06:48 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.4251 #3 · p.4251 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff, a moments inattention can have dreadful consequences and I am glad that your granddaughter is doing fine.

Regards, Colin

Sep 21, 2015 at 07:06 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.4251 #4 · p.4251 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you all for your kind and tender comments. I sincerely cherish your support. My prayers of thanks include requests for Devine comfort for my sweet daughter-in-law and beloved eldest grandson. They both feel responsible for the accident and have been traumatized with regret over what could have easily been an unthinkable tragedy. My grandson typically tries to act older than his 8 years; however, he sobbed on my shoulder Saturday evening as he worried about his sister. Because of a loving Heavenly Father and his Son, I know that these emotional wounds will heal soon enough.

Sep 21, 2015 at 07:34 PM
Ttown Aubie
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4251 #5 · p.4251 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff, I am so glad that everything turned out to be ok. Know that my prayers are with you and your entire family. May the Lord comfort you all.

Sep 21, 2015 at 08:15 PM
johnahill
• • • •
p.4251 #6 · p.4251 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hurricane + Blenhiem formation at Duxford

Sep 21, 2015 at 08:28 PM
Zane Adams
• •
p.4251 #7 · p.4251 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
I've been grappling with how to express my feelings after a very difficult weekend that was filled with the lowest of lows and then the highest of highs...

Oh my Jeff...that certainly is a harrowing tale.
It's truly the Lord's blessing that it turned out well.
Hold them tight....

Z

Sep 21, 2015 at 08:46 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4251 #8 · p.4251 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yeowch, Jeff. I am very glad things turned out OK. I could hardly read what you wrote... had to skip to the end.

However, I have been thoroughly enjoying everyone's Battle of Britain photos. Where did they drag all those Spitfires out from?!

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:33 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4251 #9 · p.4251 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm with you Jo, my heart was in my throat for a line or two there.

Sep 21, 2015 at 11:39 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4251 #10 · p.4251 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I sat there in the sanctuary this morning listening to brothers, daughters, grandchildren, talking about our friend's husband. Amidst the sadness one feels for this family, and the husband, father, grandfather, friend who was snatched from this life in a blink, you have to be pretty detached not to realized "For whom the bell tolls............." it does indeed toll for thee.

We live our lives buried in the day to day tasks and responsibilities and in a blink comes the first day since our birth when we aren't there for the sunrise, an odd concept to ponder. Not to be morose, but we are all inching toward that day and most people spend more time planning a short vacation than they do focusing on eternity. Some have thought seriously about it and intellectualized themselves out of a belief in anything greater than themselves ( what hopeless hubris), some just really don't want to think about it and choose denial, I get that, but denying gravity doesn't make one any less subject to it. Others have been there but their hopes and dreams have been dashed because of life's events, seemingly unanswered prayers, or worst of all just plain old lazy indifference.

Make no mistake, Christianity is a difficult story to swallow and while Salvation is a Gift, one that can't be earned or bought, it seems that one does have to look for it, attempt to understand it to the degree that it can be understood, and accept the gift. Really when you dissect all the philosophical and religious routes man has traveled in search of meaning beyond this life, and the varying off the wall religious organizations he has concocted because Christianity seemed so preposterous, faith in my Carpenter doesn't seem so outlandish after all.

Glenn Smith's last four years of life, and the last six weeks of that four years, will stand as one of the most intense faith building experiences of my life, and I have had a few in 66 years. When I walked to the podium to deliver his eulogy, it was on the legs of Christ, and as unlikely a candidate as I was, it was to deliver a message from Him, that in the midst of despair and loss their is Hope. The message was clear and I delivered it as it was given to me, "Don't despair, Glenn went from the cockpit of his L39 to My Arms, because he trusted in Me six weeks ago........" Funny, I didn't even realize what was taking place during our friendship, until that Saturday night after his loss. I looked up at the harvest moon and began asking questions to which I expected no answers. Much to my surprise the answers came like a flood beginning with why Glenn walked across the ramp the first day we met, and ending with us having breakfast at La Madeleine in McKinney and him, against all odds, accepting Christ. When you have had that kind of experience, been a witness in retrospect to the workings of The Creator, your thought processes are forever changed.

I guess my point is, one that we are all free to consider, or not, without the Gift, without the Hope, the service we attended this morning, is nothing more than a sad gathering of people trying to come to grips with some memories and the fact that the game is over.

Sep 22, 2015 at 01:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

bergenor
• •
p.4251 #11 · p.4251 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Very true Sr.

Sep 22, 2015 at 02:20 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4251 #12 · p.4251 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

What a scary story Jeff. As you know we have 3 small girls as well as a pool in the back yard, and lots of pool parties with kids her age. What you describe happening is absolutely my worst fear at all times. I'm so happy with the good outcome - thats a very nice ending.

Glenn

Sep 22, 2015 at 03:56 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4251 #13 · p.4251 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Been an emotional few weeks all around...
I offer some military hardware from my New York photo flight

The forbidden SW Viper!

Glenn

Sep 22, 2015 at 03:59 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4251 #14 · p.4251 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

One of my high school friends who lives in Fort Worth pm'd me the Friday before Alliance an asked if I was going to be at the show - she was bringing her son to his first airshow for his 12th birthday. I said i wasnt, but I thought i would check and see how cool I was and I sent msg to the Raptor demo pilot and asked if his narrator could say Happy Birthday to her son during the demo. He replied how would he like a raptor tour instead? You can guess the answer. He sent a brief instruction which I forwarded on to my friend and the F22 team really made their day special. Brought the whole family out across the runway and just went above and beyond to make him feel good. TechSgt Billie was the tour guide who met them and showed them around - i just sent him a large copy of this printed on high gloss aluminum to say thanks. Should work well on metal I think!

Sep 22, 2015 at 04:13 AM
johnahill
• • • •
p.4251 #15 · p.4251 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great story Glenn, I love it when forces move and folks go above and beyond to make someone feel very special

Sep 22, 2015 at 06:24 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4251 #16 · p.4251 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just rolled in from my UK Tour with Marcel.
Good to see that your grand daughter is doing OK Jeff.
And that everybody is still up and running, Glenn great stuff hope your doing ok, I hope you had no more calls at o dark thirty and what a birthday surprise pretty awesome
Just kicked the washing machine into gear and will back up my stuff Duxford was great even weather wise 17 Spitfires in the air and even a couple more at Goodwood.. Stay tuned..

Sep 22, 2015 at 07:28 AM
Mountws1

p.4251 #17 · p.4251 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

First time reading this thread and the pictures are amazing......lost track of time as I was reading the thread earlier. I attended my first air show on Saturday at Andrew's and managed to come away with a few pics I liked. Hope you don't mind a new person joining the thread.

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:27 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4251 #18 · p.4251 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great photo's Mountws1 and welcome if you have more chance's to photograph planes especially those with propellers then you can try to lower your shutter speed a little so you get a little bit of motion in them. In that way you get a little action in your photo's
But it's a great start but you can read all about that in 4629 pages.
If you have any questions post them there is always someone around who can answer or help you....

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:01 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4251 #19 · p.4251 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bristol Blenheim Mk.I L6739
Spitfire Mk FR.XVIIIe SM845

Bristol Blenheim Mk.I L6739

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x lens    420mm    f/14.0    1/160s    100 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Spitfire Mk FR.XVIIIe SM845

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +1.4x lens    420mm    f/18.0    1/80s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:04 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4251 #20 · p.4251 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Welcome Mountws1! You can burn some time here!

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:56 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password