Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4242      
       4244              4381       4382       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nrferguson
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4243 #1 · p.4243 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

richhrly wrote:
Don't look down!
[

I was definitely at the wrong end of the runway
Niall

Edited on Jul 23, 2014 at 06:07 PM · View previous versions

Jul 23, 2014 at 06:04 PM
vadafallon

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4243 #2 · p.4243 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Freaking sweet!

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:11 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4243 #3 · p.4243 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

USM IS wrote:
Radio Controlled Lawn Mower....

Mike

Now I can relate to that!

Jul 24, 2014 at 01:12 AM
USM IS
• • •
p.4243 #4 · p.4243 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Now I can relate to that!

I think that is part of the on going learning process of thinking you have it down pat!

Mike

Jul 24, 2014 at 01:33 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4243 #5 · p.4243 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Chandler is assisting me this week on a couple of projects. We put in an 11 hour day today and he never wavered. I taught him how to assemble my Elinchroms, fire up the Cam Ranger/iPad system, and then we began composing and lighting rooms. I began by composing a perspective and then asking him what he thought, what he liked and didn't like, and what he would change. I was amazed by what he picked up on and what his thoughts were. There was one view that I knew my client was going to want, I set it up but it just didn't do much for me. When it popped up on the iPad Chandler immediately questioned why we would shoot that view, and proceeded to tell me all the reasons he didn't think it was a very good shot. His thoughts pretty much lined up with mine. Together we hammered out an alternate view that was far superior to the original.

This all began last week when he told me that he wanted to buy a Paint Horse (with some Mustang genealogy) that had come up for sale at the barn. He really wanted him, but was way short of cash. I told him that I could use some help on a bunch of assignments, and if he dug in and learned how to assist, he could do pretty well between now and the end of the summer. I really thought that he would go toes up on me by noon today, but he surprised me. Looks like, after 34 years, I have an assistant. Oh yeah, and Chandler has his Mustang. I'm impressed with his work ethic today, but I'm even more impressed that he made the connection between where he is, and where he wants to be, then made a plan to make his dream a reality.

Jul 24, 2014 at 02:00 AM
DanNehmer
• •
p.4243 #6 · p.4243 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim,

Just smiling inside. Not every day you see a young man connect the dots like Chandler did but............. He is also very much a product of the loved ones who surround him and you should be proud too.

Dan

Jul 24, 2014 at 02:52 AM
Razor17
• •
p.4243 #7 · p.4243 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Chandler is assisting me this week on a couple of projects. We put in an 11 hour day today and he never wavered. I taught him how to assemble my Elinchroms, fire up the Cam Ranger/iPad system, and then we began composing and lighting rooms. I began by composing a perspective and then asking him what he thought, what he liked and didn't like, and what he would change. I was amazed by what he picked up on and what his thoughts were. There was one view that I knew my client was going to want, I set it up
...Show more

Good on ya Dad...

Jul 24, 2014 at 03:33 AM
astrobrian
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4243 #8 · p.4243 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Apologies for being a bit of a stranger Here is a little one I reworked from the archives. Might be getting a few fresh ones this weekend too if lady luck rolls my way.

Jul 24, 2014 at 04:02 AM
USM IS
• • •
p.4243 #9 · p.4243 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bravo the great mentor, not only father and grandfather Jim Wilson! A good male example is key to any young man reaching a unlimited potential.
A slightly different twist, check this link for a superb example of a business leader setting a example for all. Don't think this has been posted. I will make a trip to WI to see this! http://mortenson.wistia.com/medias/tejnwpitig#_media_7651795
I stood up and cheered while watching it......The cost of this had to be staggering.

Mike

Jul 24, 2014 at 04:12 AM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4243 #10 · p.4243 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks for that! One heck of an engineering project.

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

USM IS
• • •
p.4243 #11 · p.4243 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Thanks for that! One heck of an engineering project.

Your welcome, to just call that a flagpole is a huge injustice. Now if we could just get a Eagle to build a nest on top!

Mike

Jul 24, 2014 at 05:00 PM
ELinder
• • •
p.4243 #12 · p.4243 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wow, that's big! I wonder how often they get enough wind to have the flag flying properly.

Erich

Jul 24, 2014 at 07:50 PM
ELinder
• • •
p.4243 #13 · p.4243 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A photography and video company using drones has riled the FAA here in Cleveland. One of the downtown bridges was demolished in a controlled explosive demolition, and a video drone violated the TFR area during the event. In another incident a drone had a "near miss" with a news chopper while covering a different story. As if the traditional model aeronautics community didn't already have enough trouble with the FAA, this is only going to get worse.

Erich

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:13 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4243 #14 · p.4243 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ELinder wrote:
Wow, that's big! I wonder how often they get enough wind to have the flag flying properly.

Erich

There's a lot more wind at 350' AGL...

...but does anyone else see this and think, "hazard to avigation"?

Jul 25, 2014 at 02:40 AM
USM IS
• • •
p.4243 #15 · p.4243 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
There's a lot more wind at 350' AGL...

...but does anyone else see this and think, "hazard to avigation"?

A lot of small towns here are putting up the extra tall wind turbines, since they only put up one I would think it would be about the same obstacle. At least they sure kill a lot of eagles and bats. Sheboygan is larger, I guess it depends on how close to the airport it is. I would imagine they took that into the permit. Now who is gonna be the first to land a drone on top or get too close to the flag and get a slap may happen. Sorta like a fly swatter at work.

Mike

Jul 25, 2014 at 03:38 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.4243 #16 · p.4243 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

well, it's been an expensive 24 hours...

bought a new fridge for the new kitchen, a new BBQ for the deck, picked up my D810, and ordered a new 27" iMac loaded up with all the bells and whistles (managed to convince my wife that "we" could share it)...

pictures from the 810 to come soon.

Jul 25, 2014 at 05:12 AM
johnahill
• • • •
p.4243 #17 · p.4243 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Super Connie landing at Duxford

Jul 25, 2014 at 07:40 AM
johnahill
• • • •
p.4243 #18 · p.4243 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Corsair coming out of a loop at Duxford

Jul 25, 2014 at 07:58 AM
johnahill
• • • •
p.4243 #19 · p.4243 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A few more random shots from Legends

Jul 25, 2014 at 09:57 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4243 #20 · p.4243 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ka-CHING!

Go4Long wrote:
well, it's been an expensive 24 hours...

bought a new fridge for the new kitchen, a new BBQ for the deck, picked up my D810, and ordered a new 27" iMac loaded up with all the bells and whistles (managed to convince my wife that "we" could share it)...

pictures from the 810 to come soon.

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:37 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password