Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4194      
       4196              4284       4285       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4195 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Welcome back Chris! I see that you haven't lost your touch!

Jun 11, 2014 at 07:41 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4195 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

When your name is "Quick Silver" you have to look the part...

Jun 11, 2014 at 07:55 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4195 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well i did have a good conversation with my camera this morning after the rain incident yesterday.
Threw it down the mountain and picked it up again walked up and then it decided to start working again.

The Tornado pass was by special request of the crew who had some photo friends up on the mountain with us

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +2.0x lens    600mm    f/6.3    1/250s    100 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    300mm    f/2.8    1/640s    50 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Jun 11, 2014 at 09:30 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.4195 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Well i did have a good conversation with my camera this morning after the rain incident yesterday.
Threw it down the mountain and picked it up again walked up and then it decided to start working again.

The Tornado pass was by special request of the crew who had some photo friends up on the mountain with us

--- OMG ---

Jun 11, 2014 at 09:48 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4195 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Can't judge the quality guys will post some when I'm back home.....

Jun 11, 2014 at 09:52 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4195 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Bill one more

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    300mm    f/3.2    1/640s    50 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4195 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Can't judge the quality guys will post some when I'm back home.....

Well let me put it to you this way J-A; your mach loop images sure don't suck

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:53 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4195 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

This turned out a little rough. Needed a couple more stops on the dark end to hold back the sky hole a little more, but with some work, it might polish out some...

Let There Be Flight

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:13 AM
gerov
• • • • •
p.4195 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

J-A,
very nice, especially the Tornado. If I may - I think the second crop works better for me with your watermark configuration, as I find the band a bit distracting.

Jay,
that last one, is, well, umm, spectacular.

Gero

Jun 12, 2014 at 01:14 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4195 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I gotta go with Gerov on that one, whew, I can smell the rain. Gosh I love your work Jay!

Jun 12, 2014 at 01:37 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4195 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well today was spent at HQ pouring over video blogs and technical specs. I dusted off my XHA1 and bought a couple of Sony Pro Mini DV tapes. Until I can begin to make sense out of some of this, I'm going to play with the XH a little. Came very close to pulling the trigger on a C100, but read a little more and found myself moving up to the C300, then the C500, at which point I grew a little weak in the knees and dove back into my research.

I had a couple of discussions with my people at Really Right Stuff and, based upon a little inside info, I did order my RRS Fluid Head and the appropriate adapters. Seems that their new fluid head meets and in some cases, exceeds the specs and performance of heads costing many times the RRS price. They estimated my delivery at about ten weeks, if I jumped in line today, it seems that the backlog is increasing daily. They do make outstanding stuff, just works and feels good in one's hands. I think I'll be putting my Gitzo in reserve and picking up their carbon fiber pod shortly.

Jun 12, 2014 at 01:50 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4195 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice shooting Jan Arie! Sometimes you just have to remind this gear who is boss! I've been known to utter "...in about five seconds you are going to become the insurance company's problem!" Things generally sort themselves out.......

Glenn's T-37 flew today after three years of sitting and months of tweaking.

Jun 12, 2014 at 01:54 AM
Shaggy Wolf
• • •
p.4195 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That tornado! Wow!

Jun 12, 2014 at 02:17 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.4195 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Awesome Tornado J-A.

Talked to my camera store yesterday, my salesman said he'll call me the morning the announcement of the D800 replacement becomes official to take my deposit to make sure I'm first on the list. I haven't really told the wife yet...surprisssseeeee?

Jun 12, 2014 at 03:02 AM
Razor17
• •
p.4195 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
Awesome Tornado J-A.

Talked to my camera store yesterday, my salesman said he'll call me the morning the announcement of the D800 replacement becomes official to take my deposit to make sure I'm first on the list. I haven't really told the wife yet...surprisssseeeee?

Congrats, Sunday is Fathers Day...

Jun 12, 2014 at 03:29 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4195 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Well today was spent at HQ pouring over video blogs and technical specs. I dusted off my XHA1 and bought a couple of Sony Pro Mini DV tapes. Until I can begin to make sense out of some of this, I'm going to play with the XH a little. Came very close to pulling the trigger on a C100, but read a little more and found myself moving up to the C300, then the C500, at which point I grew a little weak in the knees and dove back into my research.

I had a couple of discussions with my people
...Show more

Well, I can't speak to the fluid head, but the four-segment heavy-duty RRS carbon-fiber tripod that I bought (on Jeff's recommendation) is the sort of thing that you can't fault. It's sturdy, it's lightweight, and with no center column, it's rock steady. Did I mention that extending only three of the four segments put the camera at eye level? If you want to put the camera where you have to stand on a stepstool just to look through the viewfinder, that can be done, too.

Jun 12, 2014 at 03:52 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4195 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

In other news, a container with two more Pipistrels showed up at my hangar today; the time-lapse video of the container unloading is here. Though only one of them is staying with me, I'm beginning to sense that I have fleet problems.

http://www.stevezphoto.us/pipistrel619

The new Pipistrel is a Sinus Flex 15-meter motorglider with an 80hp Rotax engine. It's owned in partnership; for both of us it will our 'recreational' airplane, behind (in his case) a Beech Baron and (in mine) the Pipistrel Virus SWiS.

Anybody want to buy a very nice, well maintained Remos?

Jun 12, 2014 at 03:57 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4195 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

All that time passing and not a manual anywhere in sight...

Color me impressed!

Jun 12, 2014 at 04:34 AM
Aviationbuff
• • •
p.4195 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FIFI at Sunset - From the 2013 PDK Atlanta visit.

Jun 12, 2014 at 05:08 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4195 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Already have someone asking about getting a print of "Let There Be Flight" at 96" wide!

High-Dynamic Trojan

Jun 12, 2014 at 06:09 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password