Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4192      
       4194              4253       4254       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4193 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Colin Giersberg wrote:
Bill, there is always the Tower Garden.

Nice it is, my wife would love that. Notice I said ranch, not farm, but they do kinda go together.

Jun 09, 2014 at 09:35 PM
Wrei
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4193 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill, farming has changed. Notice he doesn't even use the steering wheel; driven by GPS, fully enclosed and air conditioned. Cell phone is used to track and place sell orders in the futures market from the cab.

Jun 09, 2014 at 09:50 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4193 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Doom 1-1 on final runway 27 Fairford today

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +2.0x lens    600mm    f/7.1    1/125s    50 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Jun 09, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.4193 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

My bad, Bill. The nice thing with the Tower Garden is that you do not have to plow, till or do anything related to dirt. There is no dirt involved. Bugs are pretty much not an issue as well. The photo I posted is ours. We planted the seed in rock wool cubes in early April and when the plants reached 3" in height, my wife moved the cubes and the plants to the Tower Garden. The plants stay in the cubes for their entire lives. The only maintenance involved is adding water and nutrients when the water level gets low. Also, the ph is recommended to be checked each week, but I don't believe that is really necessary. Once every three weeks is okay, but once the plants get large, then the water level gets low much quicker. Other than that, maintenance is minimal. The plants are watered automatically every 15 minutes, but you can change that on the included timer.

For more information on the Tower Garden, check out my website below and there is no obligation to buy.

http://cgiersberg.towergarden.com

Jun 09, 2014 at 10:13 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.4193 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

What do you have in there, Colin? Looks like tomatoes and cucumbers? I think I also see some squash blossoms?

Mark

Jun 09, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4193 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Spirit One

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM lens    300mm    f/2.8    1/3200s    50 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jun 09, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.4193 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Mark, we have tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, lettuce and spinach.

A list of what can be grown in the TG.

Fruits & Vegetables:
Amaranth (vegetable type)
Arugula
Bayam
Beans: Lima, bush, pole, shell, fava, green
Broccoli
Broccoli Raab
Brussels Sprouts
Cabbage and Chinese cabbage
Cauliflower
Chard, all types
Chicory
Collards
Cucumbers
Cress
Dandelion, Italian
Eggplant, European and Asian
Endive
Escarole
Garbanzo beans
Gourds, edible and ornamental
Kale
Kinh gioi
Kohlrabi
Komatsuna
Leeks
Lettuce, all types
Mesclun Varieties
Melons, all types
Misome
Mizuna
Mustard Greens
Ngo Gai
Okra
Pak Choy
Perilla
Peas, all types
Peppers, all types
Radicchio
Sorrel
Spinach
Squash, all types
Strawberries
Tomatoes, all types

Herbs:
Angelica
Anise Hyssop
Basil, all types
Bee Balm
Borage
Calendula
Catmint
Catnip
Chamomile
Chervil
Chives
Cilantro (Coriander) and Culantro
Citrus Basil
Cumin
Cutting Celery
Dandelion
Dill
Echinacea (Coneflower)
Epazote
Feverfew
Flax
Garlic Chives
Goldenseal
Hyssop
Lavender
Leaf Fennel
Lemon Balm
Lemon Grass
Lovage
Marjoram
Mexican Mint Marigold
Milk Thistle
Mint, all varieties
Nettle
Oregano
Parsley (leafy types only)
Passion Flower
Pleurisy Root
Pyrethrum
Rosemary
Rue
Sage
Salad Burnet
Saltwort
Savory
Shiso
Stevia
Thyme
Valerian
Wormwood
Mibura

Flowers
Edible Flowers include:

Calendula
Carthamus
Dianthus
Hyacinth Bean
Marigolds
Monarda
Nasturtiums
Pansies
Salvia
Scarlet Runner Bean
Sunflowers (dwarf varieties only)
Violas

Ornamental Flowers include:

Ageratum
Agrostemma
Ammi
Amaranth, Globe
Amaranthus
Artemisia
Aster
Bells of Ireland
Bupleurum
Cardoon
Safflower
Centaurea
Celosia
Coleus
Cosmos
Craspedia
Datura
Delphinium
Digitalis
Eucalyptus
Euphorbia
Forget-me-not
Hibiscus
Impatiens
Kale, ornamental
Morning Glory
Nigella
Petunia
Phlox
Poppy
Polygonum
Ptilotus
Salpiglossis
Rudbeckia
Sanvitalia
Scabiosa
Snapdragon
Statice
Stock
Strawflower
Sweet Peas
Thunbergia
Verbena
Yarrow
Zinnia

Jun 09, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.4193 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Has anyone here heard of the Green Bronx Machine? Watch the video below.

Kids. Inspiration. Tower Garden.
If you werenít able to join us in Phoenix this spring, you didnít have the pleasure of seeing Stephen Ritz of the Green Bronx Machine on the main stage. He took the crowd by storm with his passion for improving his community, one of the most impoverished in the nation. But as he puts it, ďIím going to change the things I canít accept.Ē

Watch the inspirational video now Ľ

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=651525854902249&set=vb.177936165594556&type=2&theater

Jun 09, 2014 at 10:43 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4193 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:

And the B-2 call signs were Death-1 and -2. Subtlety is not Strategic Command's strong suit, evidently.

Jun 09, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4193 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

the B2 was flying under Call sign Spirit One and Two but two used plane one because his was broken..

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    65mm    f/9.0    1/500s    200 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Jun 09, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4193 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Very cool Jan Arie! I vote for "Doom", these craft weren't created so we could get cool shots of them at an air show. My first choice would always be to be respected, but if that's not likely, then option #2 would be to be feared.

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:15 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4193 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I think their call sign depends upon where they are headed. I have heard them referred to as "Spirit......" on Center Freq.

Edited on Jun 10, 2014 at 01:19 AM · View previous versions

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:18 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.4193 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Colin Giersberg wrote:
Hey Mark, we have tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, lettuce and spinach.

Wow, that is really cool. For me, not for the summer (I like playing in the dirt), but with some fluorescent lights mounted vertically, seems like a great way to have fresh lettuce and herbs during the winter.

I just got in from working in the garden. The days of tilling fields on my Dad's 1940 Ford Ferguson tractor are long gone, but I'll post a photo of my little patch in a couple of weeks once I get it right.

Mark

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.4193 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I will admit that getting your hands dirty while working in the dirt can be one of life's pleasures (I enjoy it too, depending on the nature of said work), for those people that just do not have the space or time for a garden, the Tower Garden offers them the chance to grow some of their own food with minimal work needed to do it. It can easily fit on a patio or deck (like in my photo, this is on our new deck that I built by myself over the last 2 1/2 months) or even out in an area of the yard that will allow them to move it into the shade if needed and turn it a 1/2 turn so that all of the plants get an equal amount of sun or shade. While not inexpensive, there is no need for pesticides or other chemicals. The only maintenance is to check the water level fairly often and add the appropriate amount of nutrients to the water added. The ph test is quick and easy once you have the ph within the desired range of 5.5 to 7.0. This is accomplished by adding an acid (-) or a base (+) too get the ph back within that range. For us, we add about one teaspoon of base and that may be a little too much at times.Now that temperatures are getting warmer and the plants are much bigger, the water level does go down more quickly, so that does require us to check a couple of times a week. The tank at the bottom holds 20 gallons and the water level should be close to 3" below the top of the tank. There is a small water pump in the tank pumps the water and nutrients to the top of the tower. From there, gravity takes over, with the water dripping over the roots that have grown out the bottom of the rock wool cubes and down into the tower. The roots will grow down into the tank and will need to be cut short to prevent the pump from getting clogged.
Once the plants have grown sufficiently, you can harvest them. I have heard that it is best to not harvest within 3" of the tower. This allows the plants to continue growing throughout the season.

Any further information can be found on the Tower Garden website.

Jun 10, 2014 at 01:50 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.4193 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
It's official:

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/06/08/nikon-d800e-replacement-to-be-announced-on-june-26th.aspx/

I'm calling Competitive this morning!

I'm waiting for the final announcement and I'll be putting my name on the first one in Calgary as well.

Jun 10, 2014 at 03:12 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4193 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It's Show Time!

Jun 10, 2014 at 07:10 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4193 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

An official rumor I would love for them to announce the D300s replacement first.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
It's official:

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/06/08/nikon-d800e-replacement-to-be-announced-on-june-26th.aspx/

I'm calling Competitive this morning!

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4193 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sean, what version of the 70-300?

Shaggy Wolf wrote:
I'd love a D800 or similar, but I think right now my D80 still outshoots me. Upgrading my glass would be the first priority anyway, I suspect that my 70-300 is (along with skill deficiencies) one of the reasons that a lot of my shots are so soft.

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:26 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4193 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Is that paint really peeling that bad?

Jan-Arie wrote:

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Shaggy Wolf
• • •
p.4193 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ah, gardening. I've got a 20'x10' or so raised bed with my plants in it. Currently just some peppers, tomatoes, beans, potatoes, eggplant and herbs. Damn rabbits keep eating anything else that I plant. I've also got some herbs and peppers in a deep water culture hydroponic setup (pain in the neck finding info on DWC without blundering into the 420 web sites :/), and a few squash, tomatoes, herbs and peppers in pots around the yard.

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:05 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password