Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4155      
       4157              4345       4346       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zane Adams
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4156 #1 · p.4156 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here's a couple from the NAS Fort Worth show....I don't have much to share though. The haze was awful on Saturday. I had a great spot to shoot from...thanks to the Air Boss bringing me out with him for the duration! The conditions and my ineptitude created the worst airshow photo day I've had in a long time.
Oh well.

May 06, 2014 at 01:55 PM
Zane Adams
• •
p.4156 #2 · p.4156 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

On the other hand...I had the opportunity to hang out with the Aluminum Overcast crew for a while at Arlington Muni last week.
It was a nice windy day...rather bumpy...but Warbird flight is always a good time!

Can you say Cross wind?

May 06, 2014 at 02:02 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4156 #3 · p.4156 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

If that's your worst Zane, you're in good shape

May 06, 2014 at 02:51 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4156 #4 · p.4156 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's a considerable investment when you consider the number of Telsa vehicles on the road today, impressive commitment.

May 06, 2014 at 06:12 PM
Aero_70

p.4156 #5 · p.4156 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, for your 2 pics.

I like bits a pieces of each, but prefer the 2nd altogether.
#1 has the cord under the window.
I prefer the color of the light across the foot of the bed in #1 (on my work monitor in an IT dungeon.)
In the 2nd, the chair pillow on the left is a tad HDR orangeish.. I like the sky blue in the 2nd set.. although these would be better if you could paste in a sweet sweet cloudy sky from a Microsoft cloud or maybe brickwall bitmap.
What I really like in the 2nd is the lamp on the left. The illuminated orange glass and shade is nice. Also in the 2nd you can get a better sense of the vaulted ceiling. So.. #2 for me..
Again.. as a code monkey my work monitors aren't the best.

May 06, 2014 at 07:04 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4156 #6 · p.4156 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Anyone fancy riding on the Canadian Lancaster, over to the UK?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Avro-Lancaster-Bomber-Flight-/251519471501

May 06, 2014 at 07:06 PM
Aero_70

p.4156 #7 · p.4156 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

For the fast charges..
I have a Nissan Leaf. The dealer where I leased mine from has a fast charger that is free to use. Not sure about TX but here in GA they are giving huge incentives to get an electric vehicle and for business to install charging stations. My neighbors son in law has a Telsa S and it is gorgeous. After driving electric, my VW diesel wagon seems like a crude clacking rattle trap. Even the automatic transmission is annoying. I did a 2 year lease on the Leaf and have loved it so far.

May 06, 2014 at 07:09 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.4156 #8 · p.4156 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim,

I think the light in shot 1 looks more natural for a day time shot, however it makes the highlights look a tad overblown - the front edge of the bed cover, the ceiling lights and the exterior sky are the main areas.

Mark

May 06, 2014 at 07:14 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4156 #9 · p.4156 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Jim, we had a VERY classy-looking private 777 (registration VP-CAL) on the FBO ramp at KPHX. Any chance it's one of your clients? I did not get a chance to photograph it, but it sure isn't a bad way to travel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bycac/9330976920/

May 06, 2014 at 07:49 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.4156 #10 · p.4156 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

that is quite the paint on that 777.

Barksdale turned away my camera bag, so I was stuck making a split second decision on what to leave in the trunk of my rental...I chose wrong. This is actually taken with my phone, but I wasn't about to pass up the opportunity.

B2 Barksdale by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

May 06, 2014 at 08:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4156 #11 · p.4156 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hopefully you're bringing that badboy to Alliance Thursday Stevez? Looking forward to seeing it on the wing!

You betcha: Alliance is on my list of planned trips, in the program letter I file with the FAA every year in support of the Experimental airworthiness certificate. And KEIK to KTKI is a single 4-1/2 hour leg in the Pipistrel, too: no fuel stops required!

Here's a five-frame HDR cockpit interior of the Avro Anson mk1 at Wanaka. What a beautiful restoration! And it's a D800 file, so there is detail aplenty

Avro Anson mk 1

1:1 crop detail

May 06, 2014 at 10:35 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4156 #12 · p.4156 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I've been trudging along the DJI learning curve since my birthday party and have discovered several tips today. First, the prop guards introduce some instability , second, the preferred method (although the legal department would never let it out in print) for launch and recovery, is from and to your hand. Zim, you are exonerated! I see little chance, as stable as the Phantom is, that you would get your hands or arms into the props launching and recovering it by the lower portion of the gear legs. The third thing I discovered is that the wider/taller gear will render my super slick carrying case all but worthless. The parts are on their way, so I'll form my own opinions.

A fourth bit of knowledge is the fact that DJI is about to release a Movi like gimbal that will handle our cameras, for the price of a Movi5, and I'll be all over that!

May 06, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4156 #13 · p.4156 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm just loving shooting Harriers lately and especially the Marine aviators that fly these bad boys.

AVENGER DRIVER v.1

May 07, 2014 at 02:05 AM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.4156 #14 · p.4156 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Qantas will upgrade their 747 flights to DFW to the A380 from 29 SEP.

May 07, 2014 at 06:07 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4156 #15 · p.4156 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I've been trudging along the DJI learning curve since my birthday party and have discovered several tips today. First, the prop guards introduce some instability , second, the preferred method (although the legal department would never let it out in print) for launch and recovery, is from and to your hand. Zim, you are exonerated! I see little chance, as stable as the Phantom is, that you would get your hands or arms into the props launching and recovering it by the lower portion of the gear legs. The third thing I discovered is that the wider/taller gear will render
...Show more

Interesting that the community has decided launching to and from the hand is the way to go, Jim. I had mine tip over on landing a couple of times (in the grass, thankfully, so no props were trashed); and I have seen it go unstable momentarily on takeoff, before righting itself. I bought the prop guards, but never flew with them: on installing the guards I saw that they would render my semi-slick carrying case useless and decided to forego them.

May 07, 2014 at 01:06 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4156 #16 · p.4156 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Me too Steve. I'm headed out to the hangar today to, among other things, spend some time getting familiar with the P2. Winds are 25G35 so I'll skip flight ops, but I'm going to update software and install new props, then get up to speed with the Black Pearl HD Monitor set up. I need to determine if my gimbal is defective too, the supplier suggested a reinstall and the update to see what is going on there.

I wouldn't have flown it on concrete, but the grassy areas were dark and everyone wanted to see it fly, so I took it out to the ramp area in front of the hangar.....in retrospect not a smooth move.

May 07, 2014 at 01:20 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4156 #17 · p.4156 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
That's a considerable investment when you consider the number of Telsa vehicles on the road today, impressive commitment.

Tesla's done some smart things along the way (and had some good luck, too), but the Supercharger network is one of the best: brilliantly conceived and cleverly executed. They had the foresight to realize that bootstrapping the charging infrastructure was the only way they were going to be able to attack one of the major roadblocks (you'll pardon the expression) to widespread adoption of EV's. So they hand-built and sold 2500 expensive roadsters to prove out their drivetrain and generate enough buzz and cash to bootstrap the launch of a factory to assemble the Model S, then had the foresight to reserve a reported $2K from the sale of each car to build out the Supercharger network. And then they had the brilliant marketing insight to make that network free to use for Model S owners (and all future Tesla models, presumably), forever. The rest of their Secret Master Plan (which is public: they also have a corporate sense of humor) involves releasing an affordable family sedan with at least 200 miles of range, with first deliveries likely in 2017 or 2018 (by my estimate). There were a number of spots along the way where this master plan nearly foundered and the future is never guaranteed, but the CEO bet his last personal penny on Tesla (and Space X, but that's a different story) and persevered. It's the great American success story, writ large: an immigrant with big ideas, big dreams, pluck, perseverance and luck goes out and does the impossible (according to everyone else) and is richly rewarded; and the rest of the country is better off for his tenacity and vision.

May 07, 2014 at 01:39 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4156 #18 · p.4156 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hm; I always launch and land on the ground. But then perhaps I'm rendered simple, since I've always flown with the guards. I could see myself grabbing the gear to catch it, if needs be.

They look bad-ass in the dusk though; don't they? All those lights!

May 07, 2014 at 01:53 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4156 #19 · p.4156 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Tesla's done some smart things along the way (and had some good luck, too), but the Supercharger network is one of the best: brilliantly conceived and cleverly executed. They had the foresight to realize that bootstrapping the charging infrastructure was the only way they were going to be able to attack one of the major roadblocks (you'll pardon the expression) to widespread adoption of EV's. So they hand-built and sold 2500 expensive roadsters to prove out their drivetrain and generate enough buzz and cash to bootstrap the launch of a factory to assemble the Model S, then had the foresight
...Show more

I forgot to mention that Tesla is building a Supercharger station directly across from the main gate at MCAS Yuma. It appears to be nearly complete. I think these guys are getting it right and would be my choice for an EV.

May 07, 2014 at 01:55 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4156 #20 · p.4156 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Anyone who gets a $500 million contract from NASA and has the guts to tell them they don't need their "ex-NASA engineer" expertise, and then repeatedly launches successful missions to resupply the International Space Station has my respect! That would be the same Elon Musk of Tesla and SpaceX.

May 07, 2014 at 02:11 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password