Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4133      
       4135              4274       4275       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Gary Sommer
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4134 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Since the last couple of pages are kinda OT, I thought I would sneak this one in. Bronica SQA 6x6, on Hp-5+ film, you know that stuff where you get a fresh sensor withe each shot.

N-Santiam-17 by gary2881, on Flickr

Near Detroit Lake in the Oregon Cascades.

Gary

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4134 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dang it!!! I have two friends in Wanaka watching the air show. Zim and a high school friend. I don't care about the weather, I am jealous!

(I told them they need to take me to take pictures of them on their fabulous vacations...he is a 777 airline pilot.)

Apr 18, 2014 at 01:26 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4134 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

If they do, I hope by then the problems with the software, the helmet, the tail section bubbling, and it being a fair weather plane despite its nickname "Lightning" have all been fixed.

Wrei wrote:
Gee...what if the Thunderbirds adopted the F-35...

Apr 18, 2014 at 02:07 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4134 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Laura, my Lockheed Martin stock is up, it will be fixed!

Apr 18, 2014 at 02:09 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4134 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A Republic F-84 Thunderjet reposing in another gorgeous sunset at the Pima Air & Space Museum in Tucson, AZ.

ALL-AMERICAN SUNSET

Apr 18, 2014 at 02:22 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.4134 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nrferguson wrote:
It's not a rumour anymore - F-35 coming to RIAT in the UK
"We are delighted to announce that the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II, Joint Strike Fighter, will make aviation history this summer with its European debut at the Air Tattoo this July.
The Air Tattoo will be the first time the aircraft has been outside of the USA. It is our understanding that three examples of the F-35B, which utilises the short take-off/vertical landing capabilities once employed by the much loved Harrier, will be based at RAF Fairford for the event.
Two of the aircraft will be US Marine Corps examples
...Show more

Cool...strangely enough still doesn't appear that they'll be doing a flying demo at the Joint Reserve Base...where we know they already have them :P

Future of Air Combat by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Apr 18, 2014 at 03:36 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4134 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good thing they have a big enough jet when the entire country comes to visit LA...

Apr 18, 2014 at 08:00 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4134 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Eastern Star
China Southern A380 on final at LAX

Apr 18, 2014 at 09:19 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4134 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei wrote:
Dang it!!! I have two friends in Wanaka watching the air show. Zim and a high school friend. I don't care about the weather, I am jealous!

(I told them they need to take me to take pictures of them on their fabulous vacations...he is a 777 airline pilot.)

I need a sword carrier, Wrei. You up for the job next time?

The weather yesterday was overcast, cold and windy. The weather today was variable: the sun peeked through from time to time and the mountain backdrop was gorgeous, but the airplanes are mostly up above the mountains and backlighted against the blinding white softbox in the sky. I'm still downloading today's CF cards or I'd post something.

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4134 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'd love to visit NZ. Your photos are spectacular and show the real beauty, Zim.

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeff W.
• • •
p.4134 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
The weather yesterday was overcast, cold and windy. The weather today was variable: the sun peeked through from time to time and the mountain backdrop was gorgeous, but the airplanes are mostly up above the mountains and backlighted against the blinding white softbox in the sky. I'm still downloading today's CF cards or I'd post something.

If anyone can pull this off in challenging weather, it is you Steve. Looking forward to your images.

A MV-22 Osprey from VMM-161, "Greyhawks", on final approach into Luke Air Force Base.

CAVALRY from the SKY

Apr 18, 2014 at 02:59 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4134 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's my new favorite Osprey shot, Jeff: beautiful!!

Apr 18, 2014 at 06:08 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4134 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

F22

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +2.0x lens    600mm    f/8.0    1/1000s    160 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 18, 2014 at 09:35 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4134 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just when I think government has reached the pinnacle of ridiculousness, I am humbled by my lack of faith in their collective stupidity....................

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/04/17/304128931/one-mans-pee-pushes-portland-to-flush-38m-gallons-of-water

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:05 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4134 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Chandler and I set a new record yesterday afternoon, we flew our Cubs together. I flew five flights yesterday without so much as a bug strike. Might be close to time to warm up the T-28. A trip to Mike's Hobby Shop yesterday secured a number of items for an upcoming event in early May.

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:44 AM
dtw757
• •
p.4134 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Just when I think government has reached the pinnacle of ridiculousness, I am humbled by my lack of faith in their collective stupidity....................

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/04/17/304128931/one-mans-pee-pushes-portland-to-flush-38m-gallons-of-water

Living across the Columbia (in Vancouver, WA) from this is why I don't live in Portland where I spent my late youth. The stupidity of this whole debacle is that the water has already been treated and is held in storage ready to be delivered to the taps of Oregonians city wide. There is NO cover to this water, and as a result it is open to acid rain, whatever is carried on the wind from "anywhere", ducks, geese, seagulls etc etc. The bozo who made the decision to empty it was only concerned about a beer bottles amount of urine mixed in with 38 million gallons, but has no issue with the daily attack of bird feces. The cost of the flush and cleaning of the reservoir would pay for a cover to prevent this kind of thing but he believes it is too expensive every time the subject comes up. And the City of Portland doesn't understand why it's always out of money. Glad I am not the only one who is amazed.....

Apr 19, 2014 at 01:40 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4134 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Exxxxxaaaaactly! The other thing that doesn't seem to concern anyone is the fact that the guy whizzing in the 38 million gallons obviously could have walked up and introduced something that was considerably more lethal than recycled Coors.

I am getting to the point where I don't really care what side of the coin one is on, we need a few people in leadership who do what is right, without an agenda driving them. Has that ever been the case in the political arena? The yo yo's have spent 4 million dollars trying to collect 1 from that Bundy guy in Utah......what? We don't send snipers to defend our borders, but we send them to Utah over cattle grazing? Now I don't know whether the guy owes a million for grazing rights or not, but it seems like we should have learned a little something from Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Gotta go, Halle just told me she twinkled in the pool, better drain it.................

Apr 19, 2014 at 02:48 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4134 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
That's my new favorite Osprey shot, Jeff: beautiful!!

Means a lot to me Steve - thank you.

Apr 19, 2014 at 02:59 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4134 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It is a beauty Jeff, it has that "Welkerized" feel to it. How are you coming on your Hasselblad retro journey?

Apr 19, 2014 at 03:34 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4134 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Still downloading Saturday's take (it's late Saturday evening on this side of the date line), but I am here to report that patience and persistence got me a spot at pylon #2 for today's jet races, Reno style. Fly low, go fast, turn left. Three L-29s, an L-39 and two Vampires. And with Wanaka's mountain backdrop, too. Can't wait to see the day's haul, but that is some hours away at this rate.

By the way, the airshow announcers here are just fantastic: two guys who know everything about the airplanes and hold an open mike conversation about the displays, the people and the aircraft.

iPhone pano of the view from the media paddock at Warbirds Over Wanaka 2014

Apr 19, 2014 at 08:38 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password