Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4119      
       4121              4354       4355       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4120 #1 · p.4120 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn,

Taking a longer look at the images you just corrected, they now have a muted cast to them. They are denser, but the snap is not there, that I am certain is really there. Weird.

Apr 02, 2014 at 02:43 PM
R.Reijne
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4120 #2 · p.4120 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice stuff from sun&fun my friend...do you have a date?

cheers,
Roel.

Apr 02, 2014 at 03:08 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4120 #3 · p.4120 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

R.Reijne wrote:
Nice stuff from sun&fun my friend...do you have a date?

cheers,
Roel.

yeah i wish then i would move to the states no i can't leave mother alone can I

Almost ready for round two hurrah

Apr 02, 2014 at 03:18 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4120 #4 · p.4120 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

CNN has breaking technological insights into the missing 777…….sheesh! Ya think?!

Apr 02, 2014 at 04:37 PM
DanNehmer
• •
p.4120 #5 · p.4120 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim,

That is contrary to what I would have thought. Shouldn't it be easy to maintain altitude once all that wieght has been removed from the aircraft?

Dan

Apr 02, 2014 at 05:17 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4120 #6 · p.4120 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Dan:
Hopefully you forgot the winking smiley face at the end of that sentence!

Glenn

Apr 02, 2014 at 06:44 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4120 #7 · p.4120 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mixed some of my 2013 non-aviation stuff with a little music...
http://crosswindimages.com/p491073481/ee63bc18

Zim will recognize the aerials.

Apr 02, 2014 at 08:59 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4120 #8 · p.4120 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well done, Jay. Perhaps I should keep mum about the fact that some of the aerials actually depict bits of Utah, rather than Arizona?

Apr 02, 2014 at 09:42 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4120 #9 · p.4120 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Well done, Jay. Perhaps I should keep mum about the fact that some of the aerials actually depict bits of Utah, rather than Arizona?

Meh...

Apr 02, 2014 at 10:02 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4120 #10 · p.4120 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good afternoon Dan, the aerodynamic complexities of flight….um……once those tanks are empty, most every aircraft, save sailplanes, "struggle to maintain altitude" , cuz gravity will win from there on out.

Aren't you all impressed that I figured that out without a "Situation Room" and the help of Wolfe Blitzer?

Apr 02, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4120 #11 · p.4120 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Zim,

How's the red tape coming on your new wings?

Apr 03, 2014 at 01:33 AM
DanNehmer
• •
p.4120 #12 · p.4120 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glen,

Sorry, there should be a whole string of winky smiley faces at the end of that sentenence. My work colleges feel I need a flag that is sided Serious & Sarcasm and it should be flipped side to side depending on my comments. They are learning Sarcasm is what it would be flipped too and are giving up asking for the flag.

Jim,

Isn't gravity something? Cheep and reliable I always say.

The funny thing about that CNN news cast (real or not cause yesterday was April 1) is I have lived that question so many times over the years it's amazing. I have worked in fuel systems now for 23 yrs and the same questions keep coming back. Hey, it just quit running, what could be wrong with the fuel system (out of gas/diesel?), etc. and yes engineers of 10 yrs or more experience can still run things out of fuel only to diagnose the most awful failure modes imaginable because it won't start again.

But my favorite ever was when a manager told me the fuel system was poorly design because it would deliver water to the power cylinder and he had just spent 4 hrs bobbing in the lake waiting for help. I calmly explained to him that there was nothing wrong with the fuel system and I was quite sure it had accurately delivered the liquid in the fuel tank to the power cylinders. Conversation became more tense when I also explained that the operator (him) had ignored 57 codes of "Water in Fuel" the 1 1/2 hours before the motor quit running; and that water was a poor choice for a fuel with it's low energy content, lack of vaporization, and relatively poor igniteability characteristics. Yes a long chain Hydrocarbon would have been more suitable fuel

Dan

Apr 03, 2014 at 03:07 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4120 #13 · p.4120 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Dan, water has a high energy content...when turned to steam! (Insert sarcasm flag here!)

Apr 03, 2014 at 03:24 AM
Jenxy

p.4120 #14 · p.4120 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

awesome

Apr 03, 2014 at 05:07 AM
nrferguson
• • •
p.4120 #15 · p.4120 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

DanNehmer wrote:
Glen,

Sorry, there should be a whole string of winky smiley faces at the end of that sentenence. My work colleges feel I need a flag that is sided Serious & Sarcasm and it should be flipped side to side depending on my comments. They are learning Sarcasm is what it would be flipped too and are giving up asking for the flag.

Jim,

Isn't gravity something? Cheep and reliable I always say.

The funny thing about that CNN news cast (real or not cause yesterday was April 1) is I have lived that question so many times over the years it's
...Show more
I once visited Gimli (landing site of the famous "Gimli Glider" that ran out of fuel mid-Canada because the pilot had been told his fuel situation before he took off, but without units - he thought he had x gallons but actually he had x litres!!.
BTW When David Cameron became UK Prime Minister he invited the Great British Public to write in with laws they would like to see abolished - I contributed two - the Law of Entropy and the Law of Unconsidered Consequences!
Niall

Apr 03, 2014 at 05:54 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.4120 #16 · p.4120 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jenxy, welcome to MA2A, home of the greatest aviation thread on the world wide web. Sit down and enjoy the ride, because it is a long one.

Regards, Colin

Apr 03, 2014 at 06:30 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4120 #17 · p.4120 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei wrote:
Hey Dan, water has a high energy content...when turned to steam! (Insert sarcasm flag here!)

Not to mention E=MC^2...

Apr 03, 2014 at 12:14 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4120 #18 · p.4120 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hey Zim,

How's the red tape coming on your new wings?

I learned last night that Oklahoma City has come through with my registration paperwork! Which means that we can go ahead with the DAR inspection and filing the Experimental-Exhibition program letter. I guess that means the airplane could be granted an airworthiness certificate as early as next week, just after I arrive in New Zealand.

*sigh*

Apr 03, 2014 at 12:21 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4120 #19 · p.4120 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sounds about right! My husband's kit car arrived the day after he left on a two-week trip to India....

Meanwhile, from Tampa...

You mean you don't have a pet duck?

Apr 03, 2014 at 01:10 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4120 #20 · p.4120 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And this was the result of the evening field trip, learning about lighting. Many thanks to Les Baldwin for the use of his flashes and pocket wizards, and Sergio and Charlie for holding the flashes!

Apr 03, 2014 at 01:13 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password