FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4105      
       4107              4531       4532       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4106 #1 · p.4106 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Not 15 minutes' flying time from the previous spot, you come to this...

Great Sand Dunes NP

Stereo-X pair for cross-eyed viewing

Mar 29, 2015 at 04:43 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4106 #2 · p.4106 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Beautiful Zim! You definitely have seamlessly gorgeous air to air backdrops out there.

Mar 29, 2015 at 04:56 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4106 #3 · p.4106 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ELinder wrote:
Over on Facebook, I was speculating that Steve's carrier was actually the Intrepid. In '58 she was part of the North Atlantic fleet, and in 59 went to the Mediterranean. I was wondering if he caught her between deployments. It'd make sense too as to why she's there again now as a museum, back home as it were.

Glenn, love the over the numbers shot!

Erich

Hi Erich: Thanks man. btw - not taking the Cobra to Corpus - not sure its ready for a show that big!

Mar 29, 2015 at 06:34 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4106 #4 · p.4106 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi JW:

This one still had a throw over yoke so i wonder if it was 1983 where they went to the firewall yokes? I'm not sure who did the avionics or interior - (or the paint for that matter), i just know they paint was done in at a paint shop in Brooksville, FL. I'm sure all that info will be in the ABS article though.

Nice guy too - has 3 daughters so we had a lot to talk about. His middle daugter married a United Captain who found me through Beechtalk and bought him a "photoshoot gift certificate" for this past Christmas. Lots of networking potential here.

Looking forward to the Citation shoot. I was supposed to shoot a CJ2+ yesterday but our airport decided to do 2 weeks of runways closures 7pm-7am for some runway light maintenance and that pretty much kills dusk flying.

Glenn

Mar 29, 2015 at 06:41 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4106 #5 · p.4106 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And what Jim said about the those backdrops there Steve. I can picture a lot of different things flying in front of those snow covered mountains!

And loving the 3d stuff. Hopefully James Eaton can figure out how to view them - it only took me about a year to get that to work!

Glenn

Mar 29, 2015 at 06:47 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4106 #6 · p.4106 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
And what Jim said about the those backdrops there Steve. I can picture a lot of different things flying in front of those snow covered mountains!

And loving the 3d stuff. Hopefully James Eaton can figure out how to view them - it only took me about a year to get that to work!

Glenn

I keep posting my landscapes in the hope that, sooner or later, it'll get you guys up here with a photo platform or two and a bevy of subject aircraft. We'll fire up the grill in the evenings at my place.

Mar 29, 2015 at 05:43 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4106 #7 · p.4106 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hiya Steve:

If you know 4-5 locals with time, money, and airplanes to have a photo weekend we'll be there! We're doing it more often - its a lot of fun, a lot of shooting and everybody gets cheaper images.

We got Warner Boyd working on that in Florida, so you could be our western US representative!

I'm off to Chicago for the week. Anybody in the area?

Glenn

Mar 29, 2015 at 06:05 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4106 #8 · p.4106 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Hiya Steve:

If you know 4-5 locals with time, money, and airplanes to have a photo weekend we'll be there! We're doing it more often - its a lot of fun, a lot of shooting and everybody gets cheaper images.

We got Warner Boyd working on that in Florida, so you could be our western US representative!

I'm off to Chicago for the week. Anybody in the area?

Glenn

I'll get cracking on it, just so long as I get to be second shooter.

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:21 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4106 #9 · p.4106 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Heck Steve - you can be first shooter! See if you can find somebody with an f22 raptor or f35 sitting around?

Edited on Mar 30, 2015 at 03:32 PM · View previous versions

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:50 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4106 #10 · p.4106 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good Evening Everyone. just wrapped up week one of this project. went down to the ocean to watch the sunset and wind down, pretty good surf for Florida tonight. Now I have to Photoshop everything that I shot this weekend for the Monday deadline. Somewhere in here I'm going to put my feet up for a day. Seven days stright wears pretty thin given the physical demands of this kind of shooting.

Chandler is going to have his work cut out for him as soon as he gets out of school for summer. right now I have forty projects in Dallas, a backlog of projects in Houston, Austin and SanAntonio, and at least six weeks of shooting here in Florida, and it's still March.

Kind of like having my own wheels with me on this trip, the drive was a little long, but I like not having to think about schlepping all this stuff through airports and rental car lots. When I'm done, I can just head west on my own schedule.

Yeah Boy Glenn, I can see some shots with those mountains bathed in dusk light, wingtip strobes popping and that wrap around light.

Mar 30, 2015 at 01:01 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4106 #11 · p.4106 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Apple called me last week to see if I would have an interest in givimg a seminar at a Dallas store on using Apple devices in my photographic process. I guess I'll do it. I'm thinking I might contact CamRanger and see if they would like to be included in that presentation. That darn thing has become indispensible in my architectural workflow. This trip I'm using my Macbook Pro with the CamRanger instead of my iPad, it's a little faster and I can download the files to the appropriate folder as I shoot so I have another back up. I'm thinking that I might get a new Macbook Pro and a couple of CamRangers out of the deal, it would be kind of fun.

Mar 30, 2015 at 01:16 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4106 #12 · p.4106 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Glenn, funny you mention those birds. I may have a really rare opportuntiy coming up and I'd like you to co shoot it with me. I'll fill you in when next we talk, it involves one of the two aircraft that you mentioned, but not the 22 More to come.

Mar 30, 2015 at 01:22 AM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4106 #13 · p.4106 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I've been messing with one of the images I took the other morning :-)

Breakfast Pancakes

Edited on Mar 30, 2015 at 01:12 PM · View previous versions

Mar 30, 2015 at 01:02 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4106 #14 · p.4106 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Photoshopped til 4 am to meet the client's deadline, today is going to be a laid back day. One from dusk on the Atlantic last evening.................

Mar 30, 2015 at 01:05 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4106 #15 · p.4106 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
I've been messing with one of the images I took the other morning :-)

Explain yourself, Jo...

Mar 30, 2015 at 03:51 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4106 #16 · p.4106 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well; either I like playing with assorted and random iPad photo apps, or Strange Things are Afoot in Buda in the early hours of the A.M...

Mar 30, 2015 at 05:50 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4106 #17 · p.4106 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That Buda is a happenin' place

Mar 30, 2015 at 06:32 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4106 #18 · p.4106 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Never knew what the "Salt Life" stickers and t-shirts were about, until today. I found myself along A1A and there was a Salt Life restaraunt . I decided to see what it was all about, seemed kind of light hearted to me. I was greeted by a young lady who clearly wished she was somewhere else, seated, another young lady took my order for a basic tropical grilled chicken sandwich. My iced tea arrived, 30 inutes later no lunch and no contact from the half dozen people standing around, all looking like they wantd to be anywhere but there. so, Salt Life is obviously pretty laid back, I'm now at Chili's where they actually want to feed you. You don't know til you try I guess.......

Mar 30, 2015 at 06:40 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4106 #19 · p.4106 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Those "people standing around, all looking like they wantd to be anywhere but there" probably couldn't wait to get back to their parents home where they have a room and free meals.

Mar 30, 2015 at 06:59 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4106 #20 · p.4106 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Heck Steve - you can be first shooter! See if you can find somebody with an f22 raptor or f35 sitting around?

Hang on, let me see if I can remember where I put the spare jets...

Mar 30, 2015 at 07:11 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password