Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4098      
       4100              4274       4275       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4099 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

dtw757 wrote:
I have a hard time believing that given the history of the last 12 years, that a pilot could be coerced into landing (willingly)a plane with extremists on the aircraft. Most of us go to work understanding that "giving" an airplane to someone is not the way to go. Even if it means leaving the passengers on the aircraft. Its a hard thought to have, one you hope never to deal with. But...in the question of qualified pilots on board, without slandering anybody, there is one person who is qualified, young, and not been at the airline too long. I
...Show more

One thing strikes me with this whole episode - the Malaysian military were asleep at the wheel. The Malaysians have F/A-18Ds, Mig-29's and some relatively new SU-30's. It's not as if they don't have capable air to air equipment.

In Europe, if you have an aircraft go NORDO & no other comms from it then fighters get launched. If you have an unidentified primary radar return, then fighters get launched. The idea of launching fighters to intercept unknown primary returns has been going on in the UK at least since the Cold War - sometimes known as "bear hunting".

Mar 15, 2014 at 07:22 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4099 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's an excellent point Mark!

Mar 15, 2014 at 01:26 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4099 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Looks like I will once again have the honor of being the photographer for the "Flying Tigers". They have asked me to cover what is most likely their final reunion.

Mar 15, 2014 at 01:41 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.4099 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim,

There's an event being planned for later this year called Daks over Normandy where the plan is to get all the surviving Europe based Daks to take part in the D-Day commemorations.

This years D-Day (70th) are likely to be the last major anniversary where veterans are present.

Mar 15, 2014 at 01:50 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4099 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It's a shame to lose them, but worse by far is the fact that the great majority of the current generation have no idea what these men and women sacrificed for us. Too busy with Instagram/Facebook/Pinterest to care.

Mar 15, 2014 at 01:55 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4099 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well, I am fixing to attend the D-Day anniversary air show in Duxford on the 24th May, so I am looking forward to paying my respects. And of course if any folks from here are there, I would love to meet up!

In other news, I have been running numbers from my road trip. I drove 3,427 miles in total. For our British folks, that is the equivalent of driving from Land's End to John O'Groats and back again, twice!

Mar 15, 2014 at 02:53 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4099 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Welcome home Jo! I'll bet you'll be "post processing" for some time to come!

Mar 15, 2014 at 03:33 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4099 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks! Yeah, I might have one or two pictures to wade through...

Mar 15, 2014 at 03:42 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4099 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Farmer Michael came by to spray the field. I thought it would be a good opportunity to practice my panning. I shot most at 1/40 because he drives this rig at about 15-20 mph.

OK, maybe I did get a little too close:

(This one is 1/30)

Mar 15, 2014 at 04:25 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4099 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei wrote:
Farmer Michael came by to spray the field. I thought it would be a good opportunity to practice my panning. I shot most at 1/40 because he drives this rig at about 15-20 mph.

Killer stuff Wrei. Your first image is my favorite - very cool.

Arizona Cardinals' all-pro receiver Larry Fitzgerald returning from his "media" flight with the T-Birds. His posture was sullen and he did not look out the canopy - only at his lap (read v-bag). Looks like his flight may have been different than what he is accustomed to in the NFL

Mar 15, 2014 at 05:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MMcGrath
• • • •
p.4099 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I remember seeing an article a few years back about Larry Fitzgerald.
Very keen photographer by all accounts.

Mar 15, 2014 at 05:29 PM
dtw757
• •
p.4099 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei, I see he had the air refueling drogue out on the first one....any Cubs or Ag Helicopters around

Mark.....They most definitely got caught with the trousers down....on this side of the pond it is the same...with the airlines, they usually get one of your company planes, if they are in the same airspace, to contact Dispatch and ACARS you to change freqs and if that doesn't work, you're going to wish you had brought your camera along for the really cool air to air photos of a lifetime.

Mike

Mar 15, 2014 at 06:09 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.4099 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Anyone looking for a D800, I see Roberts Camera is selling refurbs on eBay for $2100.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400678333863

Mark

Mar 15, 2014 at 06:27 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4099 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The farmer north of me uses a crop sprayer on his fields.

Mar 15, 2014 at 06:38 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4099 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I don't think those 'wings' are going to get it airborne!

Mar 15, 2014 at 06:45 PM
Razor17
• •
p.4099 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Adams wrote:
A shame this thing is still a pile of parts somewhere in a hanger in CA.

Really nice Tim, I wish that Dan Martin could of just had one more go at it in Dago...

Mar 15, 2014 at 07:36 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4099 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You've inspired me Wrei; I'm going to get off my backside and chase down some Air Tractors and work on my farm panning image collection

Very nice sir.

THE GENERAL'S RIDE - Luke AFB

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4099 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Climbing above the clouds….

Mar 16, 2014 at 01:11 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4099 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

When you don't have an active base or airport near, you just find something to practice on.

Sometimes the sprayer, sometimes the planter...

Mar 16, 2014 at 01:56 AM
nrferguson
• • •
p.4099 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Well, I am fixing to attend the D-Day anniversary air show in Duxford on the 24th May, so I am looking forward to paying my respects. And of course if any folks from here are there, I would love to meet up!

In other news, I have been running numbers from my road trip. I drove 3,427 miles in total. For our British folks, that is the equivalent of driving from Land's End to John O'Groats and back again, twice!

Not quite sure which UK shows I'm going to make this year but that might be one (as Flying Legends is the same weekend as RIAT). Let you know nearer the time
Niall

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:41 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password