Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4089      
       4091              4310       4311       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4090 #1 · p.4090 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I know of someone who had been trying to sell a Speed Graphic, not sure how old it is, but it had "The Burbank Studios" on a plaque on a side.

(edit to add another TOPP)

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:21 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4090 #2 · p.4090 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
Yup. I'm flying in to dfw and driving to Austin this time...and I'm coming back again for the Airpower Expo at the JRB at the end of April...gotta get my shows for the year under my belt before the second kidlet arrives in June.

I'll be at JRB with Jan Collmer so I'll see you there if nothing else.

I think Jo said the shooting opportunities at COTA have been substantially reduced by new infrastructure. What a shame.

Mar 05, 2014 at 02:56 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4090 #3 · p.4090 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Man Jeff, that would be so cool just to have on display!

While I hope this camera setup allows me to explore some interesting methods of making photographs, I'd be less than forthright if I did not admit I'm also very attracted to the unique looks. That big honkin' Aero Ektar hanging off the front of a Speed Graphic is totally cool. Come on; the thing is radioactive

Mar 05, 2014 at 03:56 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4090 #4 · p.4090 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
I know of someone who had been trying to sell a Speed Graphic, not sure how old it is, but it had "The Burbank Studios" on a plaque on a side.

Laura; if it would not be a pain to find out the details, I'd surely appreciate it. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Mar 05, 2014 at 03:59 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4090 #5 · p.4090 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I think Jo said the shooting opportunities at COTA have been substantially reduced by new infrastructure. What a shame.

It may have been removed again since the F1 race. They change it up a lot between races depending on how many folks they expect to attend.

Mar 05, 2014 at 05:00 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4090 #6 · p.4090 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Planning JRB myself this year.

Glenn

Mar 05, 2014 at 05:19 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4090 #7 · p.4090 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No problem Jeff, I've sent you the link to the photos I do have, and can meet up with her to take photos of all the other gear as well. If nothing else, maybe we can identify what exactly they have. There was one massive hunk of glass that had no markings on it.

Jeff W. wrote:
Laura; if it would not be a pain to find out the details, I'd surely appreciate it. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Mar 05, 2014 at 06:14 PM
tom cardin
• • •
p.4090 #8 · p.4090 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Now that's a camera, lens combination When I was doing weddings, I thought the 2x3 graphic , with the 2.8 Planar, would be the ultimate. Wonder what the Army is using now?
Tom.

Mar 05, 2014 at 06:19 PM
ELinder
• •
p.4090 #9 · p.4090 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well heck, I had hoped I'd be able to join you at the ISAP symposium, but I won't be able to make it. With the winter we've had in Cleveland, I was looking forward to sweating at Sun-n-Fun!

Playing with the Nik plugins. From Sun-n-Fun 2010.

Erich

Mar 05, 2014 at 10:35 PM
ELinder
• •
p.4090 #10 · p.4090 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Another from 2010 Sun-n-Fun

Erich

Gear Up Now

Mar 05, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4090 #11 · p.4090 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's a shame Erich. What with my work load and the weather jumbling me up around the globe, I'm hoping that I'm able to meet up with myself at S'N'F

Mar 06, 2014 at 12:20 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4090 #12 · p.4090 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just got the latest issue of "ISnAP", the boys did a wonderful job, as usual! Great "meet the member" feature on our own Steve Z, one of the infamous "Three Steves", and one of the finest shooters I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

http://issuu.com/isaporg/docs/isnapmar2014f

Mar 06, 2014 at 02:51 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4090 #13 · p.4090 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Just got the latest issue of "ISnAP", the boys did a wonderful job, as usual! Great "meet the member" feature on our own Steve Z, one of the infamous "Three Steves", and one of the finest shooters I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Thanks, Jim! I'm pleased to be in such august company along with the rest of the fine folks who inhabit this homey little piece of cyberspace.

By the way, while I was driving to meet Lady Jo for lunch yesterday in Monument Valley (but that's another story), what to my wondering eyes should appear but a PC-12 preparing to take off from the airstrip at Goulding's Lodge. I thought of you...

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:24 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4090 #14 · p.4090 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:

One of my favorite things ISAP does. Kevin and friends did a terrific job. I enjoyed the feature on Steve. Just a great issue.

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:28 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.4090 #15 · p.4090 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That shot is great Steve1...looks like something right out of the Pilatus brochure.

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:50 AM
nrferguson
• • •
p.4090 #16 · p.4090 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Quote - By the way, while I was driving to meet Lady Jo for lunch yesterday in Monument Lunch in Monument Valley - How jealous can I be? Very, very
Niall

Mar 06, 2014 at 08:10 AM
PDumm
• •
p.4090 #17 · p.4090 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nrferguson wrote:
Quote - By the way, while I was driving to meet Lady Jo for lunch yesterday in Monument Lunch in Monument Valley - How jealous can I be? Very, very
Niall

The sad part, for someone who has lived in this state for over 36 years I have never been up there, going to have to change that soon.

Mar 06, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Zane Adams
• •
p.4090 #18 · p.4090 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

OK Airshow peeps...Make plans for Wings over Houston, 11/1/14....this was the word on FaceBook last night.

In addition to the regular large showing of warbirds and the Blues...

"We can now confirm that the Vietnam War Flight Museum, and The Collings Foundation Vietnam era aircraft will all be in the Wings Over Houston Air Show this year! Lots of pyro, ground forces! How often do you get to see an A-4, F-4, F100, Mig 21, Mig 17, Hueys, AH-1 Cobra, A-1 all at the same Show!"

I wouldn't put it past them to drag out the ME-262 as well....

Mar 06, 2014 at 02:10 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4090 #19 · p.4090 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Zane, are you going to post that on the F-4 Phantom II timeline on FB. Bet they would love to know!

Mar 06, 2014 at 03:00 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4090 #20 · p.4090 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
By the way, while I was driving to meet Lady Jo for lunch yesterday in Monument Valley

And a very fine surprise that was, to find we were in the same neighborhood! We enjoyed a lovely lunch. Thanks Steve!

Here's a quick and dirty laptop edit of us with Monument Valley in the background.

My friend Diane and I are in Las Vegas now, with my better half, who joined us last night.

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:57 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password