FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4071      
       4073              4530       4531       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4072 #1 · p.4072 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I do love me some BBQ. Try new places every time I'm there.

Feb 21, 2015 at 07:35 AM
futurshox
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4072 #2 · p.4072 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Got a new BBQ place in Buda now :-)

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:45 PM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.4072 #3 · p.4072 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

New BBQ? I'm there 😛

Feb 21, 2015 at 01:32 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4072 #4 · p.4072 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good Morning Everyone!

Glenn, you are very welcome Bud, I know it's in capable hands. I had the same reaction to RRS products for a number of years. I'd go to their site, look at what was new, think "That's ridiculous to pay that much!" and move on. Don't recall which product I ended up pulling the trigger on first, but it was all downhill from there. Once you buy one of their wonderfully thought out and constructed products, price just doesn't matter much anymore. All my cameras have multiple RRS plate, brackets, I bought their pano attachments, their B55 Ball Head (that was the first one, recommended by Zim), and I was one of the first to order their fantastic fluid head. Every RRS piece of gear that I have acquired has performed wonderfully, and made my photographic life easier. The D810 angle bracket that I sent you is $230 I think, but each time I use that angle feature I wonder why I waited so long to buy RRS gear. I have a new RRS tripod coming too.

Feb 21, 2015 at 02:23 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4072 #5 · p.4072 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'd like to do MotoGP again, but even with the credentials they gave me the whole process is so time consuming and convoluted. Without using the credentials you feel like you are on an assignment for a chain link fence manufacturer

Feb 21, 2015 at 02:40 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4072 #6 · p.4072 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No kidding. I am wondering about even bothering to take a camera this year. Although I probably will...

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:00 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4072 #7 · p.4072 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No kidding...try being in the $100 seats across from the pits...

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:05 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4072 #8 · p.4072 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

What we need instead of cameras is a bike to take a few hot laps on instead!!

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:16 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4072 #9 · p.4072 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
What we need instead of cameras is a bike to take a few hot laps on instead!!

I'll leave that to the MA2A youth, I've heard it said that "old bones don't heal so quickly". My Soft Tail Springer was most likely the last two wheeler experience for me.

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:55 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4072 #10 · p.4072 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I have put it off as long as I can, the domestic peace process requires that I spend the weekend putting a fresh coat of Benjamin Moore on the family room. In a week we begin the all too familiar process of replacing all the hardwood floors on the first floor of our humble abode......ugh! And....., because like all projects, one thing is connected to another, to another, and another, it seems that this was the right time to do a major remodel on the kitchen and family room, cabinets, appliances, furniture, etc. Don't quote me, but I'd be a lot more fired up about this project if it was at HQ........boy, saying that out loud could get me waterboarded.

On my way to Benjamin Moore, with a big smile..............................

Feb 21, 2015 at 04:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4072 #11 · p.4072 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

On the other hand.............this can smooth the way for the arrival of new boxes from B&H, Edlekrone, Texas Media, and Competitive Camera. There ya go, I feel completely differently about this project now.

Feb 21, 2015 at 04:08 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4072 #12 · p.4072 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

BTW, and I'll have particulars for you shortly, ISAP has put together an event over Memorial Day weekend (I know, but there's never a good time), that is going to be a first of sorts. It will be in Dallas, and on Saturday at a beautiful little grass strip in North Texas. The concept is one everyone will like, lots of very cool aircraft from aerobats to warbirds (the iconic ones), static, flying, and attendees will be able to shoot in perfect light all day long because they'll have access to vantage points N,S,E,& W as the light changes. Even evening statics with clear backgrounds and the inimitable Texas dusk bounce light. There will even be air to air opportunities designed to fit several budgets, and if your budget is unconstrained, you can most likely pick your subjects, hop in Scott Slocum's A36 and go shoot the aircraft you chose.

I'll have the formal press release in a day or two, but you heard it here first. Unlike previous symposiums, this event has a limited number of slots and once those slots are filled, there will be no fudging because we want the folks attending to have a great, uncluttered time. The first day will be at The Cavanaugh Flight Museum and hotels will be centered around that location in Addison.

"That is all......don't smoke 'em if you got 'em!"

Feb 21, 2015 at 04:22 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4072 #13 · p.4072 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei wrote:
No kidding...try being in the $100 seats across from the pits...

http://www.rayswindlepix.com/img/s2/v53/p1275436958-5.jpg

Content Aware.................?

Feb 21, 2015 at 06:22 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4072 #14 · p.4072 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
BTW, and I'll have particulars for you shortly, ISAP has put together an event over Memorial Day weekend (I know, but there's never a good time), that is going to be a first of sorts. It will be in Dallas, and on Saturday at a beautiful little grass strip in North Texas. The concept is one everyone will like, lots of very cool aircraft from aerobats to warbirds (the iconic ones), static, flying, and attendees will be able to shoot in perfect light all day long because they'll have access to vantage points N,S,E,& W as the light changes. Even
...Show more

Nooooooooo I can't come the docter said noooooooooo it is not fair etc etc etc
Well almost no flying airshows etc it's going to be a long year maybe Marcel and I will do a tour of the UK in September pfffft not being healty isn't fun...In the mean time i do this stuff...

M4A3 Sherman

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    55mm    f/6.3    1/20s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Feb 21, 2015 at 07:05 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4072 #15 · p.4072 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And Flinch in 3, 2, 1...
Blues in winter camp at El Centro

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:05 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4072 #16 · p.4072 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

So much better then on FB

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:07 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4072 #17 · p.4072 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I happened to be driving through Monument Valley yesterday at sunset. Anyone else happen to see the waxing crescent Moon and Venus in close proximity in the evening sky? It was stunning...

...back to airplanes.

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:53 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4072 #18 · p.4072 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
if I'm not mistaken Zimm, the slightly dimmer spot between venus and the moon is mars.

I asked a fried about it yesterday when I saw it, and he sent me this:

How cool is that? I saw that 'spare star' but didn't recognize it.

Feb 22, 2015 at 02:55 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.4072 #19 · p.4072 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I thought it was pretty cool glad someone caught it. I'm trying to convince my friend to bring his telescope with a Nikon F-Mount out to my house (we're in the "country") on my next night off to see what we can catch.

Feb 22, 2015 at 03:00 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4072 #20 · p.4072 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Boy there is another area of photography that is very cool. All it takes to put our existence and self importance in perspective is a quick look up on a clear night. I find it comforting to know that my Father did all that without breaking a sweat. Makes me realize that He can help me with stuff I consider "big"

Feb 22, 2015 at 03:19 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password