Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4045      
       4047              4311       4312       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4046 #1 · p.4046 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4046 #2 · p.4046 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

OK Dan, you win. There is a cartoon that circulates in Texas this time of year that has drivers jumping out of their cars running away as they yell "It's a snowflake, we are going to die!". This was my interpretation of that cartoon.

Jan 25, 2014 at 01:41 AM
Joe Costa

p.4046 #3 · p.4046 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Final resting place...

Jan 25, 2014 at 03:12 AM
DanNehmer
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4046 #4 · p.4046 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Eddie,

Your joke reminds me of a real life experience. In 1988 or 1989 I was working for OMC, Evinrude/Johnson Outboards and Cobra Stern Drives. One Sunday I was heading to the Stern Drive plant in Jackson, TN and had some time to kill so was taking a leisurely drive from Nashville on the two lanes. Nice, cool day with about 1/2" inch of light fluffy snow on the ground and I was taking my time driving the speed limit (for once).

Well one of those "characteristic" old small town southern sheriff pulled me over. Pot bellied, revolver in a flap over holster, thick southern accent, big hat, etc.... My first thought was great, this Yank won't ever be heard from again and I was nervous because I couldn't figure what I was doing wrong.

He said in a thick southern drawl, "Son, don't know if you know this or not but that white sh!t is snow, and it's slippery. I'm gonna have to write you up for Too Fast For Conditions. License and registration." Handed him my Wisconsin drivers license, the rental car papers and waited for my poison. He didn't get past the rear bumper on my car before turning around and coming back to the drivers window. "Son, you live in Wisconsin all your life?" Yes Sir. "We'll slow down and stop encouraging the locals, they just don't understand this sh!t like you Yanks do!"

And I was off, no ticket, nothing. But I did drive slower that day.

Dan

Jan 25, 2014 at 03:27 AM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.4046 #5 · p.4046 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Did he say "You in a heap o' trouble, boy."?

Jan 25, 2014 at 03:48 AM
Slug69
• • •
p.4046 #6 · p.4046 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
If this doesn't tell you where we are, nothing will. CNN's Jake Tapper insults Marcus Luttrell by telling him he thinks his team died "senselessly", Marcus straightens him out, respectfully, but clearly. You tube pulls the footage immediately. If this situation were reversed, the clamor would be deafening!

I think Jake was out of his depth. Maybe he should stick to reviewing discussing films not based on real incidents.

He forgot that the United States has had a professional armed services for more than 30 years. These people weren't drafted and they are SEAL's for goodness sake.

The point is they volunteered.

It was insulting indeed.

Jan 25, 2014 at 04:04 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4046 #7 · p.4046 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jay Killer Image good way to start the weekend :-)

Jan 25, 2014 at 08:19 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4046 #8 · p.4046 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Jay Killer Image good way to start the weekend :-)

TY! Hope everyone has a great one!

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4046 #9 · p.4046 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I went to the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona on Friday. A terrific show, but not the best venue for quality image making. Here is a photo I took of one of my favorite hot rods - Bombshell Betty. A 1952 Buick Super Regal that set a land speed record at Bonneville for the XO/GCC class of 165.38 MPH. Betty runs 320ci straight-8 cylinder Buick engine. The wild looking intake covers a pair of Holley 2 barrels that feed Betty when she gets hungry and wants to go fast.

While I enjoyed the entire show, the dry lake bed racers are my favorites. Good 'ol American ingenuity, craftsmanship, and problem solving is on display in large measure with these machines. The only true common thread is "going fast".

Jan 25, 2014 at 08:49 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4046 #10 · p.4046 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Like something out of Dick Tracy...

Wicked Cool car Jeff and well captured!

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tim Ashton
• • • •
p.4046 #11 · p.4046 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nickjohnson wrote:
Well..... that being the case (and I've no reason to doubt it) we will need a radical improvement in disk I/O to make it usable. By that I mean “real” I/O – not just fancy caching.

Oh, and Jim …. please slow down some – just a little – your last schedule update made me tired, and all I did was read it.

Jim.. TAKE NOTE. Some of the truest words posted on this forum
Edit for TOPP

One from a nice day out @ St Abbs

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3745/12052913644_d9293becbd_o.jpg

Nick. Your landscapes just take my breath away. The clarity of the air helps but that bloke behind the camera certainly adds that little something

Tim

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.4046 #12 · p.4046 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It would only work for statics, but it is amazing what money can buy you.

http://www.naturescapes.net/articles/opinions/the-case-for-and-against-medium-format/

Jan 26, 2014 at 01:33 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4046 #13 · p.4046 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"Exhausted"
Detail from Planes Of Fame's unpainted A36 Apache (2010) meets Canon 135mm f/2L wide open with a liberal application of Pixel Dust:

Jan 26, 2014 at 08:40 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4046 #14 · p.4046 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

that is SOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo cool! Yes, I'm a fan of snow.

DanNehmer wrote:
Eddie,

In February of 2011 we kinda did get snowed in! First photo is the front porch, and the second was looking out the living room window. Drifts were over 6ft that storm. It was a BIG storm even for Kenosha, WI where we were living at the time. Actually enjoyed that storm, wasn't so cold you froze so it was fun to be out all day.

Enjoy,
Dan

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:05 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4046 #15 · p.4046 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And all I can hear when I read this is "Have you rehabilitated yourself, kid?" in Arlo's voice.

DanNehmer wrote:
Eddie,

Your joke reminds me of a real life experience. In 1988 or 1989 I was working for OMC, Evinrude/Johnson Outboards and Cobra Stern Drives. One Sunday I was heading to the Stern Drive plant in Jackson, TN and had some time to kill so was taking a leisurely drive from Nashville on the two lanes. Nice, cool day with about 1/2" inch of light fluffy snow on the ground and I was taking my time driving the speed limit (for once).

Well one of those "characteristic" old small town southern sheriff pulled me over. Pot bellied, revolver in a flap over
...Show more

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:07 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4046 #16 · p.4046 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh, and some things I came across that reminded me of a few battles folks here have fought against some copyright infringers

http://petapixel.com/2014/01/23/open-letter-photography-thieves/

http://petapixel.com/2014/01/24/make-money-twitter-ignore-copyright-creative-credit/

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:10 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.4046 #17 · p.4046 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Ashton wrote:
Nick. Your landscapes just take my breath away. The clarity of the air helps but that bloke behind the camera certainly adds that little something

Tim

Thank you Tim – your too kind.
When we do get clear days up here the quality of the light is exceptional, as you can see. As for the bloke behind the camera - all I can say is that it was quite embarrassing just how long it took me to realise that standing behind the camera, and therefore well out of the way, hugely improved results.

Jan 26, 2014 at 08:14 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4046 #18 · p.4046 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Colorful night ramp at LAX….

Jan 26, 2014 at 09:43 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4046 #19 · p.4046 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great one Jeff vivid colors are you able to provide exif whit this photo?

Jan 26, 2014 at 09:54 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4046 #20 · p.4046 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Great one Jeff vivid colors are you able to provide exif whit this photo?

Thanks J-A; you're too kind. The vivid colors you liked were are courtesy of PP white balance work in LR. The various ambient light sources typically found at an airport can make achieving proper white balance difficult. Gratefully, LAX's ramp lighting is not as bad as other major airports.

EXIF
Exposure - 10.0 sec at f/11
Focal Length - 135mm
Exposure Bias - 0 EV
ISO Speed Rating - ISO 160
Exposure Program - Manual
Metering Mode - Pattern
Canon EOS 5D Mark III w/EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:38 PM
1       2       3              4045      
       4047              4311       4312       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell