Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4037      
       4039              4253       4254       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Colin Giersberg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4038 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, I believed that several members had probably watched the videos, but did not have the time to comment about them. I may have sounded harsh in my questioning if anyone saw them. For that, I apologize. I realize how fast this thread can move at times, and I know that we are all busy so I can see how a short sentence with a video link attached can be easily overlooked, especially since a lot of people do not like to click on a link when there is no background for what that link is about. That has been fixed. Thanks Lady Jo for telling me that I needed to tell what the videos were about. I will try to add more information about any video link that I include in my posts here and elsewhere.

Jan 16, 2014 at 04:44 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.4038 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I need to time my posts better. This is the third or fourth time that I started a new page, and I have nothing picture wise that I can post. I'll have to see if I can at least post something.

Jan 16, 2014 at 04:46 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.4038 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here goes. This is Wilburn Mill, which is about 31 miles as the crow flies from our home. As the road curves, probably about 45 miles. I have no idea what this mill was used for. It does have a waterwheel, so I figure it powered some sort of machinery.
After doing a search, this is what I found out.

The Fall River Mill, located on Clear Creek in Southeastern Lawrence County, is a three story structure 36 ft. high which was erected in October 1898. In 1924 G.T. Wilburn purchased the mill where he ground both corn and wheat until 1942. Today the mill stands as a picturesque and interesting monument to a by gone era.

Edited on Jan 16, 2014 at 05:21 AM · View previous versions

Jan 16, 2014 at 04:57 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.4038 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

One more.

Jan 16, 2014 at 04:59 AM
Zane Adams
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4038 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Adams wrote:
360 degree cockpit view of Voodoo, complete with a MAP guage that goes to 150 inches.

http://www.airspacemag.com/panorama/225183382.html

Brother Lyle does amazing things with his 360 rig. He ha quite the thing going there... For good reason. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy,
Good on him!

Jan 16, 2014 at 05:05 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4038 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
The install routine should simply make them available under Filters in PS...

Nope. The other Nik filters are there. Except once in a while, Analog Efex does show up with the rest.

Intermittent problems are the worst.

Jan 16, 2014 at 05:25 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4038 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I know why nobody ever says F/22 and be there!

Glenn

Jan 16, 2014 at 05:54 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.4038 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Geez Glenn, it looks like your image has been incorporated into the Lawrence Welk Show. Lots and lots of bubbles.

Jan 16, 2014 at 06:07 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4038 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just wait until its pitch black out to shoot - no dust spots on this one!

Glenn

Jan 16, 2014 at 07:11 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4038 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn

Jan 16, 2014 at 07:12 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4038 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:

http://www.machpointoneaviation.com/img/s10/v101/p581091922.jpg

Glenn

Two words Glenn...

Neutral Density...

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:00 AM
yipDog
• •
p.4038 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:

Glenn

Feel your pain!
Looks just like my 1Dx…AFTER EVERY SHOOT! grrrrrrrrr

.6ND is my friend!

But let me also say…fantastic pics! Love the V-tail!

Jan 16, 2014 at 03:17 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4038 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good idea guys - i keep forgetting about those. I need to bite the bullet and buy that vari-ND adjustable. Im just scared that it'll find its way to a position i dont want and wont notice and screw me up and I dont want to mess with screw on filters while flying. I'll just go get a kleenex now to dry my tears..

Glenn

Jan 16, 2014 at 03:55 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4038 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

KC-10A's of the 305 AMW arriving at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport in support of a 2012 military exercise.

Jan 16, 2014 at 05:08 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4038 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We all feel your pain Glenn. The golden hour isn't best just because it's the most beautiful light, a side benefit is the f stops one shoots at. While you are at the store getting Kleenex, pick up one of those carpal tunnel bands, cuz you are going to have it when you get done cloning!

I have developed a habit of cleaning my 1DX sensors once a week, or after any shoot where I used the high frame rate. I doubt you could take a factory fresh body and shoot it at f/22, the crud on other cameras shows up when you shoot at 22

Just sent you an email about a possible A2A in Central Texas next Wednesday.

Jan 16, 2014 at 07:16 PM
gerov
• • • • •
p.4038 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn,
A word of caution with the variable NDs. When you dial up the ND, there is a phenomena where you get a dark "X" pattern in the image. I've noticed this in using mine, and I have a coated Heliopan filter. I read about this, and you effectively get about 60% of the ND range before this starts kicking in. I believe it is a function of the fact that a variable ND is effectively two polarizing filters with one of them fixed and the other is rotated to increase the ND effect.

I'll try to do some tests with my 24-105 at various focal lengths to illustrate the point.

Gero

Jan 16, 2014 at 07:39 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4038 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You may not agree with everything he writes, but the Stages of a Photographer graph alone is worth your time, and may give you a chuckle or two.

http://www.mattpaynephotography.com/blog/2014/1/five-of-the-toughest-lessons-a-photographer-can-learn

Jan 16, 2014 at 07:45 PM
seattlebruin
• •
p.4038 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Awesome, thank you guys for the responses! I'll definitely check out the APSoCal guys, that sounds great. I'm excited to get posting (probably have to post landscapes and stuff first since that's mostly what I've been doing lately).

Jan 16, 2014 at 07:55 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4038 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
You may not agree with everything he writes, but the Stages of a Photographer graph alone is worth your time, and may give you a chuckle or two.

http://www.mattpaynephotography.com/blog/2014/1/five-of-the-toughest-lessons-a-photographer-can-learn

Interesting reading Steve. I especially concur with his recommendation to avoid getting " ...caught up in the Social Media hustle." It seems primarily written for the "fine art" photographer; however, the graph would likely apply to anyone. Thanks for sharing sir.

Jan 16, 2014 at 07:57 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.4038 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Warning – this is off topic – no aeroplanes here.

It may read as being a little far fetched – but I do get a lot of inspiration from the work folks put up here. In particular the low light work – and in general, the planning, the stick with it, and the just plain determination to get the image.
I've gone around in a fair few circles, trying to figure out how light to make low light work in post. The darker the ambient light the more difficult I find it is to strike a balance between “accuracy”, “realism”, and “expectation”.

So here, by way of a thank you, is an illustration of the progress so far. It's a panel of Three - #1 is viewers left, #2 is centre, and #3 is viewers right. The exposures are all four minutes and I left the star trail stubs in as an artistic decision.

Jan 16, 2014 at 09:03 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password