FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4036      
       4038              4531       4532       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4037 #1 · p.4037 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Did a little research on that .45 x 2, only $5500.00. They claim it's very accurate and can be handled effectively by anyone who is accustomed to shooting a normal .45. I'm thinking that the intimidation factor of pulling that from ones' coat should make most anyone, who was creating a problem, want to slap a "COEXIST" sticker on their foreheads and head in the other direction.

Make no mistake about the fact that I hate that kind of confrontation, but if someone brings it to my door door, I want two of those under my sweater.

Jan 07, 2015 at 12:34 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.4037 #2 · p.4037 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Sheila has me scheduled for a routine 10 year 'borescope" on thursday so I'll be out of comission for that day.

We'll definitely have lunch and play a little if works for you!

I don't think you'll be a lot of fun to be around on Wednesday either.

Good luck with that Jim, I'm due for one soon myself.

Mark

Jan 07, 2015 at 02:36 AM
ELinder
• • •
p.4037 #3 · p.4037 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good luck indeed, had one myself 2 months ago.

Hint: those new fangled water flavoring drops go a long way toward masking the horrible taste of the prep drink. I found a strong lemonade flavoring works best.

Erich

Jan 07, 2015 at 03:50 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4037 #4 · p.4037 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Guys! I guess it all beats the whole colon cancer experience, but I'm not a fan of this kind of stuff. Thanks for the flavor drop idea, definitely going to try that. Is there no end (no pun intended) to the resources that reside at this great place.

Jan 07, 2015 at 04:14 AM
Massimo Foti
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4037 #5 · p.4037 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I saw the Breitling Team twice last summer:

Breitling Team by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

Constellation by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

Jan 07, 2015 at 05:01 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4037 #6 · p.4037 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wow! Atomos started a Facebook page for their Shogun release, turns out that might have been a bad move. Not as bad a move as releasing a product six months before it was ready. Wonder how long they will keep the page up, it is doing the exact opposite of what their intention was.

My on/off button problem seems to be widespread, people are complaining that the Shogun logo on the front is all caddywhompus, the battery life is 12 minutes if you are recording, 20 if you are just monitoring, the threaded attach point is breaking out of the case, and that's before we get to the fact that major features are inop with a firmware upgrade promise. Talk about the poster child bad marketing move.

I just emailed B&H customer service (always wonderful) and asked them not to ship me a new one. Disappointing .

Jan 07, 2015 at 02:04 PM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.4037 #7 · p.4037 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happens to me regularly too, and a CT Colonoscopy, (which I had this time last year) is only marginally better - no anaesthetic - but still needs the bowel prep. I to find a glass of lemonade or soda water next to the prep and taken immediately after is most effective at washing away the taste but I still never manage to finish the two sachets (and even thinking about it now makes me want to throw up!!
Niall

Jan 07, 2015 at 02:33 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4037 #8 · p.4037 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I guess the problem with the CT version is that it's almost as miserable, then if they see anything at all, your all set to do the whole thing over again for real. I'll just take my medicine once, grit my teeth and get it over with. My younger brother suffers from Crohn's and he gets the full treatment every 24 months as a precaution. Next time, if I get a clean bill of health, I'll be 76 and I probably won't care! I'm hoping they use a 24-70 rather than an 800/5.6.........

Edited on Jan 07, 2015 at 04:13 PM · View previous versions

Jan 07, 2015 at 04:10 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4037 #9 · p.4037 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Can you chase that stuff with a little Johnnie Walker Red?

Jan 07, 2015 at 04:13 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.4037 #10 · p.4037 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Can you chase that stuff with a little Johnnie Walker Red?

Well ….. with a little water and ice it could be classified as “clear fluid”. My sympathies JW – I had two last year – which is three too many. Both times I was told that the prep was “poor”. Second time I told them that their results where poor not my prep. BTW do your folks use Olympus, Pentax, or Fuji scopes? No, I don't suppose you do care.

Jan 07, 2015 at 05:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ELinder
• • •
p.4037 #11 · p.4037 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sorry, no booze allowed. I looked it up, figuring beer is a clear liquid.

Erich

Jan 07, 2015 at 05:56 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4037 #12 · p.4037 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bombay Sapphire...it's clear!

Jan 07, 2015 at 06:07 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4037 #13 · p.4037 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
A Buddy just sent me something for my "executive storage locker".................... It comes in nickel as well .

Like to take that one for a spin on the range..

Jan 07, 2015 at 07:27 PM
USM IS
• • •
p.4037 #14 · p.4037 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I guess the problem with the CT version is that it's almost as miserable, then if they see anything at all, your all set to do the whole thing over again for real. I'll just take my medicine once, grit my teeth and get it over with. My younger brother suffers from Crohn's and he gets the full treatment every 24 months as a precaution. Next time, if I get a clean bill of health, I'll be 76 and I probably won't care! I'm hoping they use a 24-70 rather than an 800/5.6.........

Ask them to pull the sun shade off the 800............

Mike

Jan 08, 2015 at 12:17 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4037 #15 · p.4037 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan 08, 2015 at 12:38 AM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.4037 #16 · p.4037 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

To get back to what we're supposed to be doing before I go to bed

Jan 08, 2015 at 12:40 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4037 #17 · p.4037 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

In this world of companies who aren't anywhere near on the ball, I have one for you that seems to be. A gentleman from "Red" Cinema called me out of the blue a couple of evenings ago. He noticed that I registered on the Red Users Forum and just wanted to know if he could answer any questions. We spent 90 minutes together with my initial questions and a quote arrived this morning with his suggestions re: the system that would best suit my needs. The bottom line was an attention getter, but not staggering considering the complete Red system he designed for me.

He answered several of my major hesitation questions, like , do I really need to spend 80 grand on a cinema lens? How long would it take me to get comfortable shooting the system? Is he available 24/7 for consultation and emergencies I have more homework to do, but he's working on a demo (know anyone with an A36 who would like to play with a Red Epic Dragon for a day?)

The more I research, the more I am convinced that the Red is probably the camera to shoot my project with. Hands on will go a long way toward making me comfortable with a decision like that.

Jan 08, 2015 at 12:55 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4037 #18 · p.4037 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The "gentleman from "Red" Cinema" must be hungry, on top of his game and understands how to use web forums...or both!

Jan 08, 2015 at 02:54 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.4037 #19 · p.4037 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Just read a little report on this lens. Looks pretty impressive and reasonably priced as well..........

I've been doing some looking at this one, not for myself, just trying to keep up with gear trends. And for a little less than half the cost of the 300mm 2.8 (which is an INCREDIBLE lens btw) it is a rock solid performer, and really compact to boot.

Jan 08, 2015 at 03:31 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4037 #20 · p.4037 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yup. He's sharp for sure because as we were talking he was looking through images on my site, telling me how my using his product would translate the mood of my stills into motion. He was excited and so was I. We'll see how it feels in my hands and what kind of initial product I get from it, that will tell a lot. It took me about 5 minutes to know that I did not like the Canon C100, actually less than that.

I think if Glen and I spend a few hours with it, we'll either be freaked out, or totally enthused. I'm guessing the former though.

Jan 08, 2015 at 03:34 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password