1       2       3              4027      
       4029              4532       4533       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4028 #1 · p.4028 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Here is a group that we will use for some of our footage. Jake mentioned them a few posts ago. I would have the option of learning their system and getting comfortable, or delegating the capture to one of their able crew. Y'all probably have an inkling of how that will go. Anyway, pretty incredible resource. This is going to be a lot of fun and a whole new experience.

Roger Tonry of Wolfe Air gave a talk at ISAP a couple of years ago (Seattle? Norfolk?) about his experiments with creating 3-D video from single-camera source footage. The demo was pretty convincing; I think it involved 'dragging' the left eye or right eye images by a few frames, depending on the direction the photo ship was moving relative to the target. Sort of like what I do with my stereo-X pairs, only with video. Very cool stuff, but it apparently only works with some percentage of clips; my guess it that's probably a factor of background complexity and the distance between subject and background.

Dec 30, 2014 at 02:40 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.4028 #2 · p.4028 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
BTW, thee is no comparison between Gigapan 3.7/4.0 Beta and CS6, Dreamweaver, or any of the other programs I have tested. It's definitely a pro level program. Thanks for helping me navigate to the site I could read.

Happy New Year!

Really glad it's working for you now. I agree that there is pretty much no comparison between Kolor's entry on almost all aspects, especially in the versatility once a panorama is rendered. Basically CS6 says "this is the pano that you are looking for" and that's it, where Kolor's software allows you to tweak it if you disagree with the blending, you can tweak individual colors. In cases of distortion there's tools to force lines to vertical and it will adjust the panorama accordingly (you can make numerous vertical line references and then it will force them all to be vertical when complete), it can blend braketed images to an HDR panorama, etc.

I've been hooked on it since version 2.

Dec 30, 2014 at 03:50 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4028 #3 · p.4028 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I think we are going to do a companion piece on "The Making of......." so there's probably a good bit of video work for someone who knows their stuff and can live by our mantra....."Flexibility Is The Key To Air Power", and photography/videography!

<raises hand from back of room>

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4028 #4 · p.4028 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Jay,

You're not in the back of the room as far as I'm concerned We have a lot of planning to do still and logistics is going to figure into the "making of" videographer because we'll need someone who can pop in and out of our brainstorming sessions, preflight planning sessions, etc, that happen here locally.

Dec 30, 2014 at 03:40 PM
jerboyd
• • •
p.4028 #5 · p.4028 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Thanks for the kind words Jeremy. I'm also found of that particular squadron. My father served with the Copperheads in the late '50's and early '60's. At that time they were a fighter squadron and flew F-86's and F-104's. About 30-minutes after I took that first image, the Copperheads color bird taxied to the active. I got luck and caught it just before it departed. This ones for you Jeremy

Jeff

That brings back some wonderful memories. After spending literally thousands of hours in the air with that beautiful machine it still takes my breath away. Long live the KC-135! She has brought me home safe and sound every time.

Thanks

Jeremy
www.boyd.zenfolio.com

Dec 30, 2014 at 08:43 PM
jerboyd
• • •
p.4028 #6 · p.4028 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Jay,

You're not in the back of the room as far as I'm concerned We have a lot of planning to do still and logistics is going to figure into the "making of" videographer because we'll need someone who can pop in and out of our brainstorming sessions, preflight planning sessions, etc, that happen here locally.

Jim

Can I add my name to that list? I would love to help in any way possible!

Jeremy

Dec 30, 2014 at 08:45 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4028 #7 · p.4028 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Boydo,

Happy New Year in advance. Did you make any progress on your hangar?

Dec 30, 2014 at 09:27 PM
jerboyd
• • •
p.4028 #8 · p.4028 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy New Year to you also!

Called and left a message but no return call yet. It is the holiday season so I was going to try and catch him just after the New Year.

Dec 30, 2014 at 09:37 PM
jerboyd
• • •
p.4028 #9 · p.4028 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I love spending time with the little ones. Here is a snap from this morning after the bath and illuminated just by the window light.

Our caboose - Josie.

Thanks

Jeremy

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4028 #10 · p.4028 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You guys may remember I voiced concern about the number of FM'ers complaining about the 7D II auto focus. I have read about several people who are now on their 3rd camera. However, there are a couple of guys who suggest the people are not using a fast shutter speed, which is causing the out of focus issue. So I sent an email to Canon support stating: "One person brought up a concern about the 7D II ability to pan at slow shutter speeds to capture blurred wheels (propellers in my case). Are there settings to allow the camera to deliver consistent, in focus shots using 1/40th shutter speed and good panning techniques?"

William from Canon replied: "Thank you for contacting Canon product support regarding your EOS 7D Mark II. I understand you have concerns regarding the focus of this camera. I am happy to assist you.

The focusing system of the 7D Mark II is highly customizable. I would be surprised if, after some tweaking for your particular usage, the camera will be able to deliver the image quality you are looking for. Any issue being experienced with one of our cameras is evaluated by a service technician on a case-by-case basis. If an issue is discovered the camera comes with a limited 1 year manufacturer's warranty.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Thank you for choosing Canon."

I sent a reply email confirming he is telling me the 7D II is not as capable as my 7D was by enclosing the following photo and exif:

Canon EOS 7D, f/29 @ 100 mm, 1/30, ISO 100

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4028 #11 · p.4028 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm thinking that he worded that incorrectly, or he is truthful to a fault..................

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.4028 #12 · p.4028 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank goodness for low noise high ISO sensors....

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:12 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4028 #13 · p.4028 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Boydo, thank you! That image is a beauty! The whole thing, blue eyes, tender moment with Mom, north window light, wow! Um, don't see any sharpness problems in that frame either.

Dec 31, 2014 at 03:02 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4028 #14 · p.4028 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Love the tones in your dusk image Jeff!

Dec 31, 2014 at 03:02 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4028 #15 · p.4028 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Talked to a guy who tested the new 100-400 from Canon. His impression is that the lens equals the quality of primes, and the 70-200 series II. B&H has delivered a few, my guy in town says I should have mine in a week or so.

A few more details about the rumored big sensor Canon, same sensor as 7DII, only full frame, which brings it up to around 52 megapixel. Canon alluded to that being an advantage over Nikon, who they say is going to bump their 810 sequel to 46mp in 2015. Well that's good news all around, except for Phase One, the gap continues to narrow.

Dec 31, 2014 at 03:20 AM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.4028 #16 · p.4028 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Love the tones in your dusk image Jeff!

Thank you sir.

Dec 31, 2014 at 03:22 AM
Aerosur

p.4028 #17 · p.4028 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hello guys, have not posted as of late on here, But does this crop work and is pleasing? It was intentional as I wanted to get closer to the aircraft.

Left wing is cropped out.

Image:

Dec 31, 2014 at 06:15 AM
jerboyd
• • •
p.4028 #18 · p.4028 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Boydo, thank you! That image is a beauty! The whole thing, blue eyes, tender moment with Mom, north window light, wow! Um, don't see any sharpness problems in that frame either.

Jim

Thanks for the comments. She is a little Angel when she wants to be!

I'm still not sold on the sharpness though. I did a little post processing and at full size you can really tell it is not Tack-Sharp. Maybe I was spoiled with the original 1D and no AA filter on it. I guess I'm striving for perfection and will never obtain it. Sound pretty much like life!

We need to meet up again soon.

Thanks

Jeremy

Dec 31, 2014 at 06:38 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4028 #19 · p.4028 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good Morning Boydo,

That does sound like life, but keep on striving for the very best, that's what separates us from the pack. I need to loan you one of my 1DX bodies for a weekend so you can confirm/dispel this sharpness issue. That kind of thing is haunting, and you don't want to be creating stuff with gear that you can't trust.

Happiest of New Year's Bud!

JW

Dec 31, 2014 at 10:47 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4028 #20 · p.4028 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Still deep into the battle of the back ups. Anyone else have an iMac that gives you the message "your computer was restarted due to a problem"? There doesn't seem to be any problem, an hour with Apple Care didn't show a problem, an OS reinstall didn't fix a problem that isn't really there.

Apple's possible take on it is that I am over taxing the power bus by trying to transfer large files to my NAS. Frustratingly, the NAS back up will run for 6/12/24 hours and then I'll return to my Mac to find that it has been restarted and the transfer has been interrupted. If a complete transfer hasn't taken place, only a file icon displays so you have no idea what is in there, and what isn't, leaving deleting that folder and beginning again as the only option. I woke up about every hour last night with a possible solution and finally headed upstairs at 4 to attempt to implement a few of them to see what might work.

I have to believe that there is some connection to the Drobo dropping off syndrome that I have been experiencing, but they aren't dropping off at the moment. Apple suggests that I might just drop about 12K on a new MacPro and that "could" solve my issues with demand................................um, I can certainly see why that would make sense to them

Dec 31, 2014 at 10:57 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password