FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4017      
       4019              4532       4533       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4018 #1 · p.4018 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yes, yes it does! Although I was looking forward to shooting one decked out for private livery at some point. I guess the 330 I shot a few months ago will have to stand until the747-800i is complete.

Dec 16, 2014 at 02:03 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4018 #2 · p.4018 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Haven't had time to sort through the true pano's from last night, but here's a fun one with the Friendship Park water show in the foreground. Back to the real task this morning.

Dec 16, 2014 at 01:17 PM
Wrei
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4018 #3 · p.4018 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Is anyone in the family here using a Canon 7D II yet? If so, do you have any opinions? I am reading mixed reviews, especially when trying to track moving subjects.

Dec 16, 2014 at 03:10 PM
Ryan Harris
• •
p.4018 #4 · p.4018 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

To go along with Eddie's question, does anyone think we'll see a 5D Mk IV anytime soon? I may be getting close to achieving a 5D, but I'd hate to buy a Mk III just to have the IV come out. I can afford to wait so no need to rush.

Dec 16, 2014 at 04:12 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.4018 #5 · p.4018 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

My Friends;

I am honored to have two of my images make the finals of the 2014 Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine photo contest. There are 40 terrific images submitted by some very talented photographers and it is humbling to be included in their ranks.

If you have a minute, please go to the Air & Space magazine website (see link below) and take a look at the great aviation images in the finals. If you think either of my two photographs are note worthy, I'd appreciate your vote. You can vote once each day, and the contest will remain open until February 15, 2015.

Please note: Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine will change the order of the images, and replace the "hero" shot on their home page every few days, in the name of fairness. So please, look for my name when you vote. You can vote for your favorite image by clicking on the blue "vote" button at the bottom of a photograph's caption.
Iím hoping that one of my photographs might be a winner

http://www.airspacemag.com/multimedia/2014-photo-contest-finalists-180953581/

Dec 16, 2014 at 04:57 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4018 #6 · p.4018 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I asked about the 7DII focus reliability because I am reading about capable users having issues. Some are on their second camera, others returned their's and will wait. I am wondering if Canon's decision to announce and supply in a timely manner (as opposed to announce with a TBD date), bit into their reliability?

Dec 16, 2014 at 06:45 PM
USM IS
• • •
p.4018 #7 · p.4018 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei wrote:
Is anyone in the family here using a Canon 7D II yet? If so, do you have any opinions? I am reading mixed reviews, especially when trying to track moving subjects.

Wrei,

I have one, and two of my friends have just bought them. We are trying to sort them out. I would say one for sure has a copy that is not good. It will focus but the images are not real sharp.
We are using Mr. Wilsons former 1dMKIV as a baseline. The other two are better at getting focus on a busy background than the MKIV, but we are only in the beginning steps, the weather here is not letting us play much. Two also have the new 100-400 and I must say it seems to be a bold improvement over the old one.
When we have some worthy images I will post some. No aircraft, only flying birds at this time.

Mike

And congratulations Jeff, another of the masters on this forum.

Dec 16, 2014 at 06:54 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4018 #8 · p.4018 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Mike. I was concerned they may be experiencing 'user error' with the new focus features, but they also are experienced with the MKIV, so I didn't think that is the case. I am waiting this out before I place my order for the 7DII and a 100-400. I am not in a hurry to order since the new lens is not readily available.

Dec 16, 2014 at 07:13 PM
DanNehmer
• •
p.4018 #9 · p.4018 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wrei,

I have a friend that does a lot of sports and just picked up a 7DII on Friday. He thinks it is faster/better than his pair of 1DMK4's for what that is worth. Over the weekend he shot a swim meet and 2 basket ball games and was very pleased with the results. He is a pretty darn good photographer having done this for nearly 40 yrs and has decent Canon glass to support his work.

I have no first hand knowlege but if he stops by this weekend and we play with the camera's I'll let you know my impression too. I have found a good test is letting the puppies play or chase balls while trying to get good face shots at F2.8 on the 70-200.

Dan

PS - Edit for top, need picture. Something I took up on Ohio Pass in Colorado on October 3rd. Haven't had much time to edit the pictures I took out there during vacation this fall but kinda like this one.

Ohio Pass

Edited on Dec 17, 2014 at 04:04 AM · View previous versions

Dec 16, 2014 at 07:14 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.4018 #10 · p.4018 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks for the input Dan.

Dec 16, 2014 at 07:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4018 #11 · p.4018 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Can't get the page to load on my phone Jeff, so I'll vote when I'm on my Mac at the hotel tonight. Congrats!

Boydo called me this morning, seems he bought a low mileage pristine 5D 3, but he isn't at all pleased with the sharpness. He is using the same lenses that he has used on a number of bodies including a 1DX. Any thoughts? I was under the impression the 3 is a great body.

Dec 16, 2014 at 08:56 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.4018 #12 · p.4018 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Can't get the page to load on my phone Jeff, so I'll vote when I'm on my Mac at the hotel tonight. Congrats!

Boydo called me this morning, seems he bought a low mileage pristine 5D 3, but he isn't at all pleased with the sharpness. He is using the same lenses that he has used on a number of bodies including a 1DX. Any thoughts? I was under the impression the 3 is a great body.

Thanks Jim, I appreciate your support.

I've had nothing but good experiences with the 5D3 I bought from Zim. Some of that may be the good karma Steve instilled in the camera before selling to me. That being said, I've not had any issues with "soft" images. Boydo may want to check and see if the prior owner had memorized some custom micro-focus adjustments that are getting crossways with Boydo's lenses. Sometimes the custom settings/adjustments for one lens doesn't work well for another copy of the same glass. If those setting we not "cleared-out" as part of the sale, it could be causing some issues.

Otherwise, a trip to CPS may be in order for a thorough service?

Dec 16, 2014 at 09:16 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4018 #13 · p.4018 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yeah reset it to factory standard and like Jeff said check if there are any micro adjustments left..

Dec 16, 2014 at 09:31 PM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.4018 #14 · p.4018 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
My Friends;

I am honored to have two of my images make the finals of the 2014 Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine photo contest. There are 40 terrific images submitted by some very talented photographers and it is humbling to be included in their ranks.

If you have a minute, please go to the Air & Space magazine website (see link below) and take a look at the great aviation images in the finals. If you think either of my two photographs are note worthy, I'd appreciate your vote. You can vote once each day, and the contest will remain
...Show more

Jeff your two images are stunning, and not many of the others are (why did they pick that one of the two juxtaposed airliners, for God's sake?) The next time I have a 747 coming into LHR above a jet at Fairford or Farnborough I must remember not to ditch it!!

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM
USM IS
• • •
p.4018 #15 · p.4018 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The link below is to the best set of images taken with the 7dll that I have come across yet. I admit I have not been everywhere, but if I had these in my portfolio I would be a most happy gent with a dang big smile. # 2 rocks my world as I am into water drops in my waterfowl images. But the detail here with a teleconverter on yet is WAY more than I could ever ask for!

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1334607

These have some ISO samples in here. Another great FM board photographer at work.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1335912/0#12743359

Mike

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4018 #16 · p.4018 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

2014 Year In Review posted to my site:
http://crosswindimages.com/p491073481/e311e8ff3

Works best in full screen @ 1080p

Enjoy!

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:07 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4018 #17 · p.4018 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happily voted Jeff! Good luck!

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:27 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4018 #18 · p.4018 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Spectacular Jay! Most shooters would be ecstatic if that represented a lifetime instead of a year. Well done !

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:33 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4018 #19 · p.4018 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Shooter...

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:35 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4018 #20 · p.4018 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you for sharing your vision and talent with all of us here. You're a charter member of this group and you help make it what it is.

Hope youare preparing for a wonderful Christmas and an outstanding 2015!

Dec 17, 2014 at 01:14 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password