Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4016      
       4018              4307       4308       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

ELinder
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4017 #1 · p.4017 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, whatever you do, don't let yourself be talked into an RC heli. THAT gets expensive really fast, especially if you have no prior RC experience. My resultant remains are back in the box awaiting rebuilding some day...

Erich

Dec 28, 2013 at 09:36 PM
Ryan Harris

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4017 #2 · p.4017 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

If I were to get some prints done, what settings and sizes do you guys recommend in PS before I take it to the print shop? I want them to be high quality of course, but everything I keep testing in PS doesn't quite look like I want it to.

Any suggestions?

Dec 28, 2013 at 09:47 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4017 #3 · p.4017 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

First thing I would do is talk to the print shop and see what they want. They may just want the PSD file and handle the color management themselves..

Ryan Harris wrote:
If I were to get some prints done, what settings and sizes do you guys recommend in PS before I take it to the print shop? I want them to be high quality of course, but everything I keep testing in PS doesn't quite look like I want it to.

Any suggestions?

Dec 28, 2013 at 09:50 PM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.4017 #4 · p.4017 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

An interesting video of Dubai International for starters. Seems there is an ongoing series about this airport.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVdHqIBpEcE

Dec 28, 2013 at 09:54 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4017 #5 · p.4017 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Cool Video

It's not always war and horror

http://viralgo.com/operation-christmas-drop/

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM
yipDog
• •
p.4017 #6 · p.4017 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

More from Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ (alongside Jay Beckman)

This one's called "Morning Traffic Sucks!"

And this one… "I think the 500mm plus 1.4 TC might have been a bit too much lens!"

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4017 #7 · p.4017 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

There is not such thing as to much Lens nice detail and close-up..

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.4017 #8 · p.4017 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Love the traffic shot. Looks like a big mama bird with her chicks.

Mark

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4017 #9 · p.4017 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Chandler and our battle worn Super Cub.........Duct Tape and Super Glue seem to be the tools of the RC trade.......

Dec 29, 2013 at 01:03 AM
dtw757
• •
p.4017 #10 · p.4017 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim,

UMX Carbon Cub SS BNF by eFlite......great way for any one to learn to fly ailerons on a R/C plane. Even has a "leveler" to make the plane more stable. Will fly 7-10 minutes on a charge and has a complete set of lights for low vis flying. If you can remember to say " stick to the low wing" anytime the aircraft is coming AT you and you want to roll wings level ...put (push) the stick to the same side of the low wing and you will roll wings level. No thinking required, no panic involved. No smoking hole.

Cheers...Mike

Dec 29, 2013 at 01:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4017 #11 · p.4017 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim:
I presume you are talking about the parkzone t-28? I've turned at least 4 of those into styropfoam bits. But they really are easy to fly! wink wink...

what happened? do you think the battery shifted rear? All joking aside they are a breeze to fly as long as the CG is right.

Glenn

Dec 29, 2013 at 02:06 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4017 #12 · p.4017 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A little 1:1 scale, fortunately I'm much better at that!

Dec 29, 2013 at 02:23 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4017 #13 · p.4017 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Mike, good tip!

Glenn, when I get it reassembled with the new fuselage, Chandler and I will come and find you. We're both scared to fly it again.

We want to get the big Carbon Cub that is being released January 28th, or as I told Chandler this afternoon, we could just get a shovel and bury a grand out behind the hangar. That would save us a lot of driving around.......

Dec 29, 2013 at 02:28 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4017 #14 · p.4017 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We have the Spektrum 4E, the guy that gave us the rah, rah on the Trojan told me we should upgrade to the Spektrum 8. He claimed it will make our flying much better. I'm worried he is just making his P&L better. If we ever get the big Carbon Cub, we'll have to upgrade to something.

Chandler loves this stuff and, other than watching our airplanes bounce off the ground, I enjoy doing it with him. Can't believe I can't master this, but so far I'm wondering.

Dec 29, 2013 at 02:36 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4017 #15 · p.4017 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

i'm still cracking up here! "chandler, you better let me take it first - i know what I'm doing"...

Dec 29, 2013 at 03:43 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4017 #16 · p.4017 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

And I can guarantee you a DX8 isnt going to increase your flight time any either!

did you damage the motor during the crash? If so, the Supertigre .10 is a sweet replacement and nice performace upgrade still using the stock ESC. With the right prop it will almost climb vertical out of your hand.

Glenn

Dec 29, 2013 at 03:47 AM
yipDog
• •
p.4017 #17 · p.4017 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well...all this talk of RC I suppose I should chime in.
Been flying RC for close to 30 years and have been an instructor for almost as long.
Please, please, please join the AMA and a local club. AMA for insurance and legal reasons and a club to get a second set of eyes on what you're doing and instruction.
And get a simulator. I've been using Great Planes Real Flight for many years to keep my fingers nimble, push the envelope safely and to teach friends who were interested. There are several other really good ones out there but none have the support that RF does. Especially get the sim if you want to fly helis.

And on the "gear" front...any basic 4 channel radio will work just fine to learn the basics. Much like tripods or lenses though, the transmitter is one piece you will have much longer than anything else. Don't skimp. 8 or 9 channel versions are not terribly expensive and once Chandler graduates to a plane with flaps, retracts, or more complex setups, it'll be required. And all the radios I'm thinking of can store multiple planes and helis so you only need one. But the salesman's line about making you fly better is BS!
Feel free to PM me with any questions about RC. I just got back into it last year after a couple years off for building my business. I am a research nut and have lists of all the good sites and resources.

Dec 29, 2013 at 04:42 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4017 #18 · p.4017 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good Stuff Rob! Fun couple of hours this morning...

Fighting the R/C bug really hard here. Used to fly it. Electric looks much lower maint!

Dec 29, 2013 at 06:01 AM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.4017 #19 · p.4017 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Another point about RC, Jim: The smaller the model, the more difficult it is to control. You'd be much better off learning with at least a 40 size than a small model; by small I mean under maybe 48-inch wingspan. 56- to 60-inch is good.

Here's what should be a terrific first low-wing model.
http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1033.html
I had the built-up kit version years ago, with flaps, and it was my all-time favorite; it flew beautifully. I wanted them to make a 60-size version, but they never did.

Dec 29, 2013 at 01:39 PM
Aero_70

p.4017 #20 · p.4017 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I agree 100% with what Yipdog said, get a simulator. It will help the learning curve. I did the same thing with my son. I bought a 4 channel, electric foam glider. It slow, stable and easy to learn on. I told my son that once he could take off, land and perform "planned" coordinated turns without losing altitude on the simulator that he could fly the plane. Now he's on a foam 3D plane and puts me to shame.
The great thing with foam (depending on the type) is that its super durable and easily fixed with toothpicks, CA glue and/or packing tape.

Dec 29, 2013 at 02:04 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password