FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4015      
       4017              4532       4533       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

USM IS
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4016 #1 · p.4016 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

So we have two "Masters" who shoot from the top of a wagon. New technology and old......Jim and Ansel Adams.

Mike

Dec 14, 2014 at 01:02 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4016 #2 · p.4016 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Mike! Thanks Bud, that's mighty good company you have me in Hope you and yours have a Blessed Christmas Season!

Dec 14, 2014 at 01:13 AM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.4016 #3 · p.4016 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Clearing storm at KPHX.

Dec 14, 2014 at 05:05 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4016 #4 · p.4016 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A beauty Jeff!

Dec 14, 2014 at 05:58 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4016 #5 · p.4016 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

What stitching program seems to be the best? I've been working on this for a few hours and ended up rendering it in CS6. PTGui seemed very unintuitive, bought Panoweaver but it won't recognize the serial number.

Dec 14, 2014 at 06:01 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4016 #6 · p.4016 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Photoshop seems to be able to handle just about any stitching project I throw at it.
Even rapid-fire, hand-held series.

Dec 14, 2014 at 07:45 AM
USM IS
• • •
p.4016 #7 · p.4016 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Mike! Thanks Bud, that's mighty good company you have me in Hope you and yours have a Blessed Christmas Season!

The same to you and yours Jim. There are a few of you folks on this forum in that league. The rest of us admire all of you folks skill and knowledge very much.
And a joyous holiday season to everyone who can read this, may you share the best gift of all, those you love.

Mike

Dec 14, 2014 at 01:36 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.4016 #8 · p.4016 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
A beauty Jeff!

Thank you Jim.

Dec 14, 2014 at 02:18 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4016 #9 · p.4016 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

If you have a Windows machine handy, you could try Microsoft's free product, ICE (Image Composite Editor)

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ICE/

I've used it for images that had 1200 frames to them.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
What stitching program seems to be the best? I've been working on this for a few hours and ended up rendering it in CS6. PTGui seemed very unintuitive, bought Panoweaver but it won't recognize the serial number.

Dec 14, 2014 at 02:37 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.4016 #10 · p.4016 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Funny how the mind works. Since I arrived here I have been noodling how to get front elevation perspectives of the projects I'm here to shoot. They built a pedestrian guidance fence in front of the models and there's no way to shoot the home from street level without it being visible. Kind of amood killer, and definitely renders any of the shots useless for quality marketing materials. This morning at 3am, I woke up and had th ewhole system figured out. A4x4 piece of 3/4" plywood, the top of my rental car, a six foot ladder, camera and tripod
...Show more

Dear Jim, humour an old world bloke a question. I see a LOT of garage doors – but no front door – where is it?

Edit for TOPP

Torness nuclear power station.

Dec 14, 2014 at 02:50 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

futurshox
• • • •
p.4016 #11 · p.4016 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nickjohnson wrote:
Dear Jim, humour an old world bloke a question. I see a LOT of garage doors – but no front door – where is it?

Good question! I think they're going to have to remove the fence if they want to get any cars in or out of that garage, too. It doesn't look like the driveway wraps around.

Dec 14, 2014 at 04:49 PM
Jeff W.
• • • •
p.4016 #12 · p.4016 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Good question! I think they're going to have to remove the fence if they want to get any cars in or out of that garage, too. It doesn't look like the driveway wraps around.

I suspect this is one of the model homes for prospective buyers. The fence keeps visitors within the model home boundaries so the sales staff can manage them effectively.

Dec 14, 2014 at 05:13 PM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.4016 #13 · p.4016 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:

I've always been partial to a AutoPano Giga
http://www.kolor.com/

Multiple rendering options, easy to tweak if there are stitching issues, etc. It's a little spendy, but I find it significantly more powerful than photoshop's pano tools.

Dec 14, 2014 at 06:19 PM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.4016 #14 · p.4016 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:

I realised that our American cousins were married to the automobile, but not to the extent that they had abolished front doors for garage doors. However, let alone a car how does even a person get through the fencing, as I see no sign of a gate!!
Niall

Dec 14, 2014 at 06:31 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.4016 #15 · p.4016 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Calm down folks ….. as our host said the fence is “.... a pedestrian guidance fence ….” (Sorry Jim – we have “staff issues” here)

Dec 14, 2014 at 07:27 PM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.4016 #16 · p.4016 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Meant to post an example pano. This one is from Downtown Vancouver's False Creek area, it is 11 frames of portrait orientation D3s shots. In the original rendering the stadium on the left was VERY slightly curving upwards, nobody else noticed it, but it always bothered me. Using the vertical line tools in Autopano Giga it's fixed.

Dec 14, 2014 at 07:37 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.4016 #17 · p.4016 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Very nice pano there Steve!

Dec 14, 2014 at 08:41 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4016 #18 · p.4016 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Have I ever told you all how much I enjoy our collective friendship? Sure I have, but it bears repeating. Sitting in Chili's waiting for dinner to arrive, wish you were all here, I'd get the check😊!

Those particular homes are Villas, and I think for privacy sake they designed the pedestrian entry on the sides. The fences will be removed when that community is sold out and no longer needs model examples. These go for .5m a side.

You'll notice that many if the model homes I shoot have what normally is the garage, as a marketing center. Some of them have no drive installed and have landscape in front of where the garage doors would be. When the community gets close to selling out, they pour the drive and reconfigure the home.

Steven! Thanks for the endorsement on that product . I downloaded the trial version last night, but then everywhere they sent me was in French . I got spooked thinking about having to buy Rosetta Stone to learn the program. The trial was far and away a higher quality result, and much more user friendly when compared to any of the other ones I tried. Pats hi is positively awful. I'm going to get PanoweGer to credit my purchase as it would never allow me to register. Your pano is breathtaking Bud!

Dec 14, 2014 at 10:07 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4016 #19 · p.4016 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That was supposed to be PRGui

Dec 14, 2014 at 10:13 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4016 #20 · p.4016 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ptgui