Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4015      
       4017              4240       4241       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4016 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

American Sunset...
(archival trolling)

Dec 27, 2013 at 08:09 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4016 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

If you haven't seen Joe McNally's 'Faces of Ground Zero' series, you owe it to yourself to set aside twenty minutes and run the slideshow at full screen. We heard Joe talk about this project when he spoke at ISAP in San Diego: very moving.

http://www.facesofgroundzero.com/

Dec 27, 2013 at 03:30 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4016 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Chasing the Sunset

Dec 27, 2013 at 04:16 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4016 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

How to Stand Out from the Crowd

Dec 27, 2013 at 04:21 PM
Zane Adams
• •
p.4016 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Loading up for a Christmas light tour in Ft. Worth.

Dec 27, 2013 at 05:17 PM
J Mosher
• •
p.4016 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Merry late Christmas to all of you. I hope you all had a good time with your families. I haven't had anything to post, so I have just been reading. But last week I had a chance to shoot a pilots "fini-flight" and one of the shots is below.

I'm just curious what you guys think? I didn't cook the image, layer mask it or anything. I just used the Viveza 2 plug-in through CS5 and added some structure, which brought in the mountains. I can't stop staring at it. It may be too much. Thoughts?

Dec 28, 2013 at 03:21 AM
USM IS
• • •
p.4016 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I really like it!
Not only do the mountains make it cool, but also the vapor!
Mike

Dec 28, 2013 at 04:38 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.4016 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

J Mosher wrote:
Merry late Christmas to all of you. I hope you all had a good time with your families. I haven't had anything to post, so I have just been reading. But last week I had a chance to shoot a pilots "fini-flight" and one of the shots is below.

I'm just curious what you guys think? I didn't cook the image, layer mask it or anything. I just used the Viveza 2 plug-in through CS5 and added some structure, which brought in the mountains. I can't stop staring at it. It may be too much. Thoughts?

Just right! Certainly not overdone.

Dec 28, 2013 at 05:17 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4016 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Looks like a William S Phillips painting. Love It!

Dec 28, 2013 at 06:47 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4016 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice Clean bird in it's element

Dec 28, 2013 at 08:10 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4016 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

What all the guys said! Print it!

Dec 28, 2013 at 03:35 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.4016 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

J Mosher wrote:

FWIW, it looks terrific to me

Dec 28, 2013 at 04:21 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4016 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Chandler has mastered the RC Super Cub. We picked up what the guy at the RC store told us is the next level of trainer "actually easier to fly than your Super Cub...." a T-28 with ailerons. Not wanting Chandler to have the guilt and defeat of burying the new plane in a smoking hole, I did the honors. Take off, left turn into a race track oval pattern, another left turn over head, beginning the turn for another oval, abrupt pitch up, take off and departure stall to the right, .....bye-bye. Cost to fly the T28 with our skill level computes to $259.00 a minute. Have I mentioned that I really dislike the RC hobby?

Of course when you return to the RC store the guy tells us, "what you really need is this 400 buck Spektrum controller, the potentiometers will make flying much easier" . I equate this whole experience with the carnival barker who tells you that you are so close to winning the big stuffed animal, five bucks more and you're a shoe in. Sheesh! We're going to fly 1:1 today, it's much cheaper!

Dec 28, 2013 at 04:39 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.4016 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

yeah that's a costly hobby indeed will keep it at plastic non flying models.

Dec 28, 2013 at 05:09 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.4016 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great video from Saturday's gold race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYjflLFDL7w

Check out how fast the Bear comes in to land. No flaps=mega landing speed!!

Dec 28, 2013 at 05:14 PM
J Mosher
• •
p.4016 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Looks like a William S Phillips painting. Love It!

Lol! That's the reason I couldn't stop staring at it. I was trying to decide if I should re-edit it.

Thank you for your feedback everybody. Much appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Jeremy

Dec 28, 2013 at 05:37 PM
tom cardin
• • •
p.4016 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Don't let them sell you anything else, Jim, the Super Cub will last a long time and it will really teach Chandler to fly. Most First time RC fliers, will build a Mustang and they are not trainers.. The Cub is a good trainer. Worst part about building them, is knowing they are going to end up in dumpster. Don't give up.
Hope the plane wasn't a Christmas gift

Tom

Dec 28, 2013 at 06:52 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.4016 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Tom,

Sage advice, thanks! No it wasn't a gift, an unfortunate impulse buy yesterday afternoon after we had a great couple of hours flying the Cub. The 28 will fly again, the good thing about foam is it's cheap to fix. 39 bucks gets a new fuselage, everything else seems ok. The pilot, I'm afraid, was the victim of massive blunt force trauma, Chandler says he looks like his eyes are closed, I don't wonder!

Dec 28, 2013 at 07:29 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
p.4016 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, I have a lot of experience flying RC models. It's generally recommended to start with a high-wing trainer as a first 4-channel. You mention that the T28 has ailerons; does that mean that the Super Cub is 3-channel? The model I was about to recommend doesn't seem to be on the market any more: a Great Planes Trainer; they have something now they call the "Perfect Trainer", and it's probably good, but to my eye, it looks a little ugly because of what I regard as an excessive amount of dihedral. (But for all I know, the plans might offer different degrees; that wouldn't be unheard of.) Here's a link that shows a variety of high-wing trainers; it might be useful: http://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.com/rc-trainer-planes.html

Dec 28, 2013 at 08:32 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.4016 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Morning Majesty
Fresh from this AM...

Dec 28, 2013 at 08:40 PM
       4017              4240       4241       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell