Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3989      
       3991              4242       4243       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3990 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FYI...Getting ready to start doing dash and instrument panels for F18 flight simulators, full scale and real to life size. Way kool.

Dec 04, 2013 at 04:26 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3990 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sad news. I'll miss seeing these big girls at Sky Harbor during the Christmas season.

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2013/12/troubled_evergreen_internation.html#incart_river_news

Dec 04, 2013 at 07:43 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3990 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We made a few parts for them for the 747 water bomber, what a plane and alot of water. Too bad they're closing down. We still doing parts for the DC9/DC10 tankers tho.

Dec 04, 2013 at 08:14 PM
Razor17
• •
p.3990 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Wow, Alliance is scheduled for mid-September in 2015. That's early: could be nearly as hot as Thunder Over Utah in July of 2014...

Naww, its in the low 100's by then...

Dec 04, 2013 at 09:24 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3990 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Wow, Alliance is scheduled for mid-September in 2015. That's early: could be nearly as hot as Thunder Over Utah in July of 2014...

Looks like no shows in New England in 2014, but I notice that of the three that are scheduled in 2015, RI has moved up a month from late June to late May, and Great New England has moved from the usual July or August slot to mid-May.

Mark

Dec 04, 2013 at 09:51 PM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3990 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That looks like the BBD P-51 in Europe that crashed. The one based in the states may be for sale. I think it is based in Wisconsin.

Dec 04, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3990 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim Any chance that the dates for Alliance 2014 are also released this week?

Yes I saw that Eduard has some nice after market stuff will get me some 50 cal copper barrels and correct prop blades it's going to be painted in Netherlands east Indies colours.
But your correct it's huge when it's finished I'm going to build a custom table with glass so you can look at it..

Dec 04, 2013 at 10:13 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3990 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hope our Texas folks have extra provisions and their generators are fueled and ready. Momma Nature's fixing to put a hurtin' on y'all...

Dec 05, 2013 at 02:21 AM
yipDog
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3990 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Was alerted today that one of my photos is a finalist! Thanks Jay! (my name's Rob Turchick for those who only know me as yipDog)
www.aviationweek.com/topicsevents/photocontest.aspx#

Fun to see plastic models again. My 8 yr old son and I are building a Revell 1/32 P-51B right now. It'll wear the Collings Foundation's Betty Jane scheme. Did the Tamiya 1/48 P-51B in the standard Shangri-La scheme a couple of years ago. Have a 1/32 P-61and B-17 waiting to be opened. All of these kits are unopened and from when I used to build regularly over 30 years ago!

Dec 05, 2013 at 03:48 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3990 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Hope our Texas folks have extra provisions and their generators are fueled and ready. Momma Nature's fixing to put a hurtin' on y'all...

Its already chillin outside...

Dec 05, 2013 at 04:03 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3990 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I flew the Cub every day this week for at least an hour. This weather had to come to a temporary end sometime, guess that time is about now! Actually this week has been absolutely wonderful. I had a couple of quick, but very lucrative assignments, got the Airbus 330 deal, spent lots of time at the hangar enjoying the balmy weather and light winds. A real regenerative few days, I'm thankful. Even got the Bipe masked and ready to shoot, when the weather gets nice again.

Dec 05, 2013 at 04:11 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3990 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Don't worry Zim, mid September is generally beautiful here, And you 'll enjoy what I'll have at HQ Thursday for shooting subjects.

Nick, you can bet it will be rebuilt. If the data plate survived it basically assures it will be flying again. A 51 data plate is worth a bundle of money all by itself.

Dec 05, 2013 at 04:16 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3990 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A new Global heading to Miami for the day.................

Dec 05, 2013 at 06:52 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3990 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The sister ship heading for NY a few minutes later.................

Dec 05, 2013 at 04:24 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3990 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:
We made a few parts for them for the 747 water bomber, what a plane and alot of water. Too bad they're closing down. We still doing parts for the DC9/DC10 tankers tho.

Hey Bill,

I'm going to redo the front and rear instrument panels in the Bipe, got any ideas? The existing ones are great templates. My plan right now is to over lay them with carbon fiber. Maybe it would be just as easy to construct them from carbon fiber.

Dec 05, 2013 at 04:28 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3990 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just put this into production for a 25' x 16' canvas banner to hang next to one the same size of an aerial I shot of the airport. The first one has brought me a ton of business because it hangs in the Executive hangar where the airport holds all it's events.

Dec 05, 2013 at 04:35 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3990 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill, just thought about this. There will most likely be a number of B25 panels to be made during the restoration project. My guess is, this will all be accomplished in Chino. Don't know if you have an interest in that type of work, but if you do, I'd love to send it your way.

Dec 05, 2013 at 06:02 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3990 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
A new Global heading to Miami for the day.................

Love the Global images Jim - as I'm sure Bombardier did

Is that the 7000 platform? Killer lines and tremendous performance. The range on these bad boys is very impressive.

Dec 05, 2013 at 06:05 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3990 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Jeff. These two are 2012 manufacture: BD-700-1A10, configured with 23 seats and all the bells and whistles. JR and I were sitting at the hold short line last night as they both slipped back into McKinney in the span of about fifteen minutes. They are truly sculpted art. Depending upon where you are standing and what type of shot you want, you have to be prepared for a blast that will come very close to knocking you off your feet as the aircraft goes by. Oh yeah, there's the zillions of tiny to not so tiny particles that the wake sandblasts you with, all part of the fun.

They have two older versions sitting in the hangar that we're going to buy after the first of the year. They would like to sell or lease one of them to us, but that's a little premature. They're asking way above market for them or they'd be sold already. You can buy a beautiful GX of that vintage for about the same price as a new Legacy 650, operating costs are higher, but the aircraft's capabilities are amazing.

Let's see, could we put together 23 MA2A friends for a photo excursion to the UK's historic air shows? Now that would be fun.

Dec 05, 2013 at 06:16 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3990 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I learned something interesting this week. I was working through a laundry list of gear that I'm ordering before the end of the year, most of it Nikon. My supplier is one of the largest dealers in the country. He was telling me that 80% of his DSLR and lens sales are Nikon now. He also told me not to hold my breath for a D4X, but I think, like Apple products, no none really knows. What I do know is, if Nikon says they are bringing it out, they actually will, and in my lifetime.

I am adding a D800E, and a D4 body to the roster. Apparently all the moire fears surrounding the "E" were pretty much unfounded. I want to run some tests on the "E" prior to shooting my Airbus projects, because I think I want to shoot them both with that camera. I believe Rodolfo was the only guy who shot an "E" that I know of, Zim and I backed away due to the moire thing. Top of the gear list is the Nikon 800, I figure that I should have symmetrical knots in my lower back........... Due to the paradigm shift, looks like I'm not going to take my 100-400 right now. Anyone want one?

Dec 05, 2013 at 06:37 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password