Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3985      
       3987              4344       4345       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

astrobrian
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3986 #1 · p.3986 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
"because applications from Texas go to the bottom of the the bottom stack in the circular file".

Assuming this file begins with an "O". Sigh, gotta love poli-tics.

Edit TOPP: In the wash

Nov 26, 2013 at 05:26 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3986 #2 · p.3986 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

What's interesting is that even after all the IRS/NSA expose, nothing has changed. I grew up watching Chicago politics, which is a particularly pernicious blend of filthy politics and gangster tactics. Very effective, if you can stomach that kind of behavior, but certainly not "fair, equitable, and transparent". Not pro business, but very pro union, pro big government, pro graft. One of the obvious by products of the style is the fact that more Illinois governors land in jail than any other state.

Does anyone find it odd, in light of the debacle that is "ACA" that the conservatives were so maligned for trying to defund, or at least delay the major tenets for a year so some of the unworkableness could be addressed? I'm thinking, and so are a number of Democrats, that that might have been a really good idea. I know the millions that are losing their healthcare coverage at the moment, and the estimated 100 million more that will do so in the coming year would've liked to have been told the truth. This thing is in a flat spin and we haven't even gotten to the part where it is financially unsupportable. When the 2014 mid terms roll around and 100 to 160 million Americans are without healthcare, the policies "they could keep if they like them", I have to believe they are going to be headed to the polls furious.

We obviously have an electorate that doesn't really care much about international policy, business friendly policy within the borders of our country, but they may begin paying attention when it's their ox that's being gored. Think about it, we have the very same people who brought us this signature "ACA" program, with the nuclear codes. Witnessing what almost took place a month ago over Syria, Americans on both sides of the aisle should be in a cold sweat, we are adrift and anyone who thinks differently is seriously deluding themselves.

Please take this as the ramblings of a conservative, racist/bigot branded "domestic terrorist" who feels at his core that things really should be fair and balanced, that we really should help the truly helpless, that America should be free and governed by the Constitution, that Americans should make their own life choices and reap the rewards, or suffer the consequences. That this is the greatest country to ever exist under God's blue heaven, which still offers the most incredible opportunities to it's residents. Oh, yeah, and I hold the unpopular belief that everyone doesn't deserve a trophy, metaphorically speaking, trophies are for excellence, if you want one, go out and get yourself some excellence.

Nov 26, 2013 at 06:34 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3986 #3 · p.3986 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

If the ACA was truly about healthcare's 3 primary needs, (health insurance for the indigent, (notice I didn't say heath care) address pre-existing conditions, and lowering healthcare cost, a bipartisan bill would have been achieved, and a gov't website would not have been necessary.

Instead, the ACA is about gathering information from citizens to control future elections/votes, control over citizens through an expanding gov't, and bringing in new revenue. The website failed because the prime purpose was to gather information, not for selecting healthcare.

Nov 26, 2013 at 07:15 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3986 #4 · p.3986 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

As you might imagine, Jim, my take on the current ACA debacle lays a good bit more of the blame on the other side of the aisle. If conservatives hadn't worked so hard to turn the ACA into a hamstrung Frankenstein of a law, a law that favors the insurance companies over all the poor souls who actually need affordable health care, all we'd have to talk about is who's to blame for the mismanaged rollout. And you'll get no argument from me for saying that the buck stops at the White House on that one.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

...Happy Thanksgiving, all. Relatives are gathering from the far corners of this great land and we will come together in celebration of the manifold blessings of family, health, and peace. May your tryptophan-induced naps be untroubled by dreams of politics.

Nov 26, 2013 at 07:20 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3986 #5 · p.3986 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I hear what you are saying Zim, but the Dems had full control over this while virtually impotent house members ran around in circles. This product is the administrations signature effort, and they were in such a hurry to ram it through, as evidenced by the absurd statement that "we have to pass it to see what's in it", imagine that verbiage coming from a conservative administration without the left calling for blood in the streets. Heck if one of our guys misspells potato the coverage last for decades.This act was doomed to failure from it's inception, the crafters didn't even know what was in it and what the long term effects would be, it was clearly a grab at 1/6th of the economy and bigger government answers to problems government has proven itself incapable of addressing. I don't think anyone can blame conservatives for any part of this as the current administration has basically neutered them.

How would you like to be a health insurance provider over the last several years? Your entire industry has been legislated agains with no regard to cost, coverage, manpower just to process the paperwork. Now that it's implemented and doesn't work, the leaders stand up and say, we'll just tell the health insurance industry to reimplement those policies" police that no longer exist, for people who are no longer covered.

I think anyone who can see around or through the partisan roadblock, has to admit this plan is completely unworkable and has been since early on. We could have put premium $$$ in a fund to cover the number of uninsurables that have been quoted, and been miles ahead of where we are.

I'll be the first to say that the Republicans are idiots, and they are terribly mismatched in these battles. The left knows how to fight and are tireless, for that they should get credit. Republicans have gone around in circles chasing their tails and falling victim to every rabbit trail the Democrats throw out to take them off the track they should be on. Republicans seem to be incapable of the kind of in the trenches, take no prisoners, scorched earth methods that their opponents are so adept at. A victory will only come for them when enough voters feel the financial effects of the policies of the past five years, and "ACA" could well be the catalyst for the sobering up of America. Who knows, but like I said, none of this even begins to address the complete unaffordability of the "ACA" . I had to call Humana and tell them that I was not interested in option B of the ACA which was the same coverage I have for a little more than twice the premium. I guess that makes me one of the fortunate ones, because I do get to keep the policy I have, until next year when I will be forced by law to switch to Medicare. Even the media is second guessing the wisdom of attempting to put lipstick on this pig.

I'll blame the republicans for two things, being inept, and being hamstrung by the old guard. They have long outlived their usefulness to the cause of democracy.

Nov 26, 2013 at 08:49 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3986 #6 · p.3986 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Gentlemen - can we give the political banter a rest? I come here to seek safe harbor from problems like the ACA, not to immerse myself in further debate. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

Nov 26, 2013 at 09:23 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3986 #7 · p.3986 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tough day Jeff just a discussion between friends who care about each other, nuthin' earth shaking and nobody has all the answers.

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3986 #8 · p.3986 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

OK Jeff. This is aviation related, sort of. I have spent the last two days importing old photos into a LR catalog and found the following:

Imagine, 1970, a 19 year old USAF airman who has just spent over 6 weeks at basic training, he is ending the 12th weak of 15 at a tech school near downtown Rantoul, Il. He goes to the Post Office, then takes his mail and a package with him as he marches to school. Sitting on the ground, waiting for school to begin he opens the package to find this photo framed. At that moment, he confirmed he would be an idiot not to spend the rest of his life with her...even if it took him 2 years to convince her.

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM
DanNehmer
• •
p.3986 #9 · p.3986 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Steve,

I enjoy your opinions and learn from them but with all due respect the Dems did have control of the Senate, House, and White House. If you feel there was too much pandering to the Insurance Companies, etc there is a good chance it comes from the fact that they collect much of their donations from the same Insurance Industry.

This law wasn't hamstrung by anyone, the Dems got what they wrote. Perhaps they should have read and thought about it before passing it. I would like to see all politicians actually have constructive discussion about such important topics before leaving it's effects on the people.

And if it is such a good law, perhaps the elected officials shouldn't exempt themselves.

Dan

Nov 27, 2013 at 01:18 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3986 #10 · p.3986 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I definitely think that the legislators should have the same insurance that ACA is forcing on us. With that in place, maybe, maybe, MAYBE, things would get better when their own health insurance is no better than any one else's. They have had too many perks which has influenced the decisions they make to benefit only themselves, and we pay the price for their greed. Their benefits should be cancelled, and they should have to pay for all of their insurance out of their own pocket. Much more can be said, but I will leave it at that.

Nov 27, 2013 at 05:43 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3986 #11 · p.3986 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I hadn't known of photographer Laurent Schwebel until a friend passed along this link. What a talent; and what a tragedy that he was murdered for his camera while on holiday in Buenos Aires.

http://beartales.me/2013/03/08/french-photographer-laurent-schwebel/

Nov 27, 2013 at 03:37 PM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3986 #12 · p.3986 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you for the link, Steve. Some amazing and remarkable images on that site.

Couldn't agree more about the tragedy of his passing.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Nov 27, 2013 at 03:59 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3986 #13 · p.3986 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

G-IV Trifecta...

Nov 27, 2013 at 04:16 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3986 #14 · p.3986 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn's Tweet is headed exactly where it should be, to a group who does military fly overs for games, funerals, honors. You know, the stuff the military isn't allowed to do for their own. Once again the private sector stands in the gap, see a pattern?

Nov 27, 2013 at 06:59 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3986 #15 · p.3986 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The administration is having the Senate look at significantly increasing retired military health insurance rates and deductibles and co-pays...I thought he promised to lower health care cost to everyone

Nov 27, 2013 at 07:06 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3986 #16 · p.3986 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mark,

Sorry for the tardy reply on your Nikon lens question.

60/2.8 micro
70-200/2.8 VR
14-24
24PCE
24-70/2.8
2XTCIII

I'm likely to add a couple in the next couple of weeks during my annual tax mitigation, gear spending spree. Really wish they would spring the D4X on me before 12/31.

Nov 27, 2013 at 07:09 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3986 #17 · p.3986 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Sure Eddie Ray, and they won't be subsidized like congress' rates, but we only owe you guys the free air we ALL breath. We should be ashamed of the VA and it's treatment of our military men and women, but ashamed is a vanishing emotion it would seem, along with pride, self esteem (you know the real one garnered by actually achieving something).

Hope you and yours have a Blessed Thanksgiving down there in Central Texas.

Nov 27, 2013 at 07:58 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3986 #18 · p.3986 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Were is that darn Turkey gone to

Nov 27, 2013 at 08:51 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3986 #19 · p.3986 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy Thanksgiving Jan Arie! Do you celebrate it, just for the heck of it? Thanksgiving wishes to you and your Mom.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM
ELinder
• • •
p.3986 #20 · p.3986 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! May you all bask in an abundance of food and the love of those closest to you.

Erich

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password