Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3975      
       3977              4378       4379       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3976 #1 · p.3976 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The eye often makes a better camera and the mind a better recording device...

Glad you still resorted to Plan B though and shared.

Nov 15, 2013 at 04:13 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3976 #2 · p.3976 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Right you are Jay. Wasn't a distraction because I was set up to shoot two model elevations exactly 180 degrees from that canvas. All I had to do was rotate the Gitzo head and mash the button.

That was taken from a new Hillwood community, Ross is going to love that shot.

This was the view the other direction. Hosing down sidewalks at 5 in the frigid am is not the fun part of the job but when the sky unfolds like it did the morning, it's very gratifying.

Nov 15, 2013 at 04:20 AM
Tim Adams
• • • •
p.3976 #3 · p.3976 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Flag blur.

Nov 15, 2013 at 04:58 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3976 #4 · p.3976 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Adams wrote:
Flag blur.

...and sunrise reflected in the windows. Jim, nobody but us is going to believe you didn't paste that sunrise in, in Photoshop. Got to be one of my favorite architecture shots of yours, and that's going some.

Edited on Nov 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM · View previous versions

Nov 15, 2013 at 05:37 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3976 #5 · p.3976 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JamesG wrote:
Just tinkering to see what results I can achieve....

http://www.aircraftphotographer.com/forums/fl2013/JG-13-45951.jpg

Very nice indeed Duxford P51D Ferocious Frankie

Nov 15, 2013 at 07:12 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3976 #6 · p.3976 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just a heads up...

Someone representing Randy Ball contacted me through Facebook and she's looking for high-res images for banners for a booth at ICAS.

Don't know about y'all, but it cost me money to go from AZ to TX so I inquired about the budget for licensing images.

Pretty sure I know how this will go...

Nov 15, 2013 at 08:33 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3976 #7 · p.3976 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

AZ to TX....
What about Ozzie to TX .....lol

Al

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM
jforkner
• •
p.3976 #8 · p.3976 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Jim noticed the more-or-less constant jitters in the Phantom II footage that I posted the other day. It's annoying, and iMovie's anti-shake processing does nothing to remove it. Can anyone recommend other, better post-processing filters for stabilizing video?

Here's another shortcoming of the system: the image below is a still shot of my rooftop solar panels. What could be causing the periodic distortion? Is this what they mean by 'jello'? The camera has a 140-degree field of view, and there's a setting I haven't tried yet to capture stills in three- or five-frame bursts (but not bracketed). Maybe this is why,
...Show more

Jim,

The term "jello" refers to a slight undulating movement that shows up in videos, not stills. It's the bane of many multi-rotor (MR) flyers, and has recently been resolved with the advent of the brushless gimbal. These are controlled by a separate circuit board/controller to keep the camera steady and level.

Not familiar with the term "periodic distortion." Could you mean "lens distortion" that's prevalent in wide-angle lenses? If so, there's a feature in Photoshop (CS6, anyway) called the Adaptive Wide Angle filter that does a pretty good job at straightening the lines near the edge of the frame. It has a preset for the GoPro cameras, not sure about the new Phantom II camera.

If you've not done so already, suggest you spend some time on the following MR forums:
http://www.multirotorforums.com/
http://www.rcgroups.com/multirotor-talk-659/ and http://www.rcgroups.com/aerial-photography-128/

Jack

Nov 15, 2013 at 01:26 PM
JamesG
• •
p.3976 #9 · p.3976 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, that sunrise just blew me away. Its wonderful when nature makes you stop & gasp, thanks for sharing.

Nov 15, 2013 at 02:36 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3976 #10 · p.3976 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good morning Jack. Thanks for the info. Zim will be interested in all that, I don't have one of those multi rotor deals. I am in line for a Movi, but I think at that price all the unwanted nuances vanish.

Nov 15, 2013 at 03:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3976 #11 · p.3976 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good morning James! Glad you liked it. Sometimes I think the most heartfelt, genuine prayer is a gasp in amazement at what God accomplishes effortlessly. My guess is, there were thousands of folks who just went to work with their heads down yesterday morning, never seeing the majestic display that was theirs for the taking. In some deep corners of the world that kind of thing is the only "Bible" people will ever see, and in those corners it is my belief that that will be more than sufficient.

Nov 15, 2013 at 03:41 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3976 #12 · p.3976 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

jforkner wrote:
Not familiar with the term "periodic distortion." Could you mean "lens distortion" that's prevalent in wide-angle lenses? If so, there's a feature in Photoshop (CS6, anyway) called the Adaptive Wide Angle filter that does a pretty good job at straightening the lines near the edge of the frame. It has a preset for the GoPro cameras, not sure about the new Phantom II camera.

If you've not done so already, suggest you spend some time on the following MR forums:
http://www.multirotorforums.com/
http://www.rcgroups.com/multirotor-talk-659/ and http://www.rcgroups.com/aerial-photography-128/

Jack

Thanks for the info, Jack (these were my questions, not Jim's). By periodic distortion I meant the still-frame equivalent of 'jello': straight vertical lines in the real world become subtly sinusoidal in photos (see my photo of the solar panel array, above).

Nov 15, 2013 at 03:47 PM
DanNehmer
• •
p.3976 #13 · p.3976 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim,

Love the morning sunrise. Lately I have been setting the camera down and just taking those in quietly, working for a good balance between my hobby/desire and just listening to the beauty provided.

Thanks again for sharing.

Dan

Nov 15, 2013 at 04:47 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3976 #14 · p.3976 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Howdy still alive and kicking
Woke up this afternoon after a 24 hour work shift and thought lets mail the CPS guys to ask when my body is finally ready.
I delivered the body 4 working weeks ago at the CPS service center, this was the answer i got.

I will ask the Technician to finish your repair order asap.
Come on what a lousy customer service.
They told me that the waiting time for silver was something more than five days but it's already a month not pleased at all.

Now that's off my chest i want to wish you all a great weekend...

Nov 15, 2013 at 06:21 PM
tom cardin
• • •
p.3976 #15 · p.3976 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I still cherish the moment. While stuck on the Harbor Freeway, in LAed, we had a stunning Sunset. Wanting to share, I honked at the guy next to me, and he looked and look back at me, as if to say "What". His loss, but maybe it was a test, from God. I know, I passed.

Tom

Nov 15, 2013 at 06:27 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3976 #16 · p.3976 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

jforkner wrote:
The term "jello" refers to a slight undulating movement that shows up in videos, not stills. It's the bane of many multi-rotor (MR) flyers, and has recently been resolved with the advent of the brushless gimbal. These are controlled by a separate circuit board/controller to keep the camera steady and level.

Not familiar with the term "periodic distortion." Could you mean "lens distortion" that's prevalent in wide-angle lenses? If so, there's a feature in Photoshop (CS6, anyway) called the Adaptive Wide Angle filter that does a pretty good job at straightening the lines near the edge of the frame. It has
...Show more

But given that video is nothing but a stream of stills, you will see the same effect in each frame...

Ergo, you can see "Jello" in a still shot. Hey! "Jello Shot!"

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:37 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3976 #17 · p.3976 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here's a useful primer about entry-level quadcopter aerial photography:

http://www.outdoorphotographer.com/how-to/shooting/get-above-it-all.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=OPeNewsNov_111513&start=2

Nov 16, 2013 at 03:15 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3976 #18 · p.3976 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The SUV of military aviation - rode hard and still doing the job.

Nov 16, 2013 at 03:19 AM
Rusty1
• • •
p.3976 #19 · p.3976 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff that makes me want to fly out and buy a 5D3. Wonderful detail and great light.

Nov 16, 2013 at 07:30 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3976 #20 · p.3976 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Faith finally got her first Cub ride yesterday evening. I'm thinking she enjoyed it.............................

Nov 16, 2013 at 01:24 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password