Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3973      
       3975              4307       4308       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3974 #1 · p.3974 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Jay, this looks really useful. But how does it distinguish between untouched RAW files and those that have been selected and/or manipulated already?

I tend to apply the standard Punch preset or a homegrown Performance preset, on import. Is there a way to build the filter to allow for Default, Punch and Peroformance images that have otherwise not been touched?

In Column #6, you should see "Custom" under "Default" and I think if you highlight that row instead, you should see everything that's had only that preset applied. I think...

Might be a fly in the ointment if you change settings on import. Might need some experimentation on your part...

TOPP .. Little Tiny Town from the back of Jim's Cub...

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3974 #2 · p.3974 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Yup...

Jeff Welker can attest as well that the Danish birds were not just flat OD.

Jay speaks the truth; the Danish Merlins were much more attractive than the dull paint job the British put on their Merlins.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Ryan Harris

p.3974 #3 · p.3974 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No I was talking about the static F-4 when she was repainted around the 90th celebrations.

How much time do you have around 65-749? Also, since you were with the unit for so long, do you happen to have any info/photos of 111th T-33's in Korea? They had at least one at the same time as the F-84's while in country. We are in the process of repainting our T-33 (I volunteer with the Collings Foundation) to match a bad photo of one in Korea. It is definitely an Ace In The Hole airplane though. Photos will appear here as soon as she makes it home from the paint shop.

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3974 #4 · p.3974 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I only had about a year with that F-4. It was in my flight (IIRC), but I moved up to QA and then Production Control shortly after we received the F-4D models.

Although I am old, I wasn't there during Korea, but I worked with many who were. We got many of our T-33's new off the assembly line in 1952-1953 (according to the Korean era Vets).
Do you have access to the 111th 50th anniversary book? There may be some photos in there. Mine is packed up in the barn. I will go out there tomorrow and look for it to see if there are any photos. The T-33 was loved by all in the 147th. I was in the unit after my USAF time from 1972 until 1994...you know, the last century.

Nov 13, 2013 at 01:03 AM
pburke
• • • •
p.3974 #5 · p.3974 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Not my video, but I am sure the folks on this thread will appreciate it:

slow motion approach and landing at LAX, shot with a RED Epic at 4K with a Canon 800mm 5.6 lens and 1.4X Converter at 120 frames per second

http://vimeo.com/49961544

that was actually his practice shot for the Shuttle landing a few hours later, which didn't turn out so well

Nov 13, 2013 at 02:39 AM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3974 #6 · p.3974 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Why not use a video camera at 60 fps and run it slow motion ?

Nov 13, 2013 at 02:02 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.3974 #7 · p.3974 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:
Why not use a video camera at 60 fps and run it slow motion ?

Red Epic is a video camera, and 120fps is slow motion. Not sure what you're asking.

Nov 13, 2013 at 02:14 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3974 #8 · p.3974 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Another Amazon order for the grandkids arrives at KPHX. Grandma is certainly getting an early start to the holidays

Nov 13, 2013 at 03:07 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3974 #9 · p.3974 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

pburke wrote:

Red Epic is a video camera, and 120fps is slow motion. Not sure what you're asking.

Not enough coffe at six am, da, missed that.

Nov 13, 2013 at 04:09 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3974 #10 · p.3974 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's pretty cool. Dang dust on the sensor is a frustrating thing, and there isn't any cloning tool in Final Cut.

Speaking of "cool", this morning at 30 degrees………….

Flight suit, helmet, the whole nine yards, just to keep ice from critical components, if Ya know what I mean……..

Nov 13, 2013 at 04:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3974 #11 · p.3974 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim noticed the more-or-less constant jitters in the Phantom II footage that I posted the other day. It's annoying, and iMovie's anti-shake processing does nothing to remove it. Can anyone recommend other, better post-processing filters for stabilizing video?

Here's another shortcoming of the system: the image below is a still shot of my rooftop solar panels. What could be causing the periodic distortion? Is this what they mean by 'jello'? The camera has a 140-degree field of view, and there's a setting I haven't tried yet to capture stills in three- or five-frame bursts (but not bracketed). Maybe this is why, and some frames will be better than others?

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:08 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3974 #12 · p.3974 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I sometimes see wriggly footage on my GoPros that looks like a moving version of your solar panel shot. Usually when the camera is attached to a canopy and at certain RPMs, I assume it's a resonance thing hitting a sweet spot. Not sure there's much to be done about it...

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:23 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3974 #13 · p.3974 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Steve,

I suspect that the jitters you are getting are resonance induced vibration from the rotors that would require a gimbal unit to dampen out.

Out of interest, can you mount a gopro to that quad copter?

Nov 13, 2013 at 05:28 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3974 #14 · p.3974 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

No, Mark, you can't mount a different camera to the Phantom 2, which is a ready-to-fly, integrated system: it's got a shock-mounted gimbal and camera built-in. I guess the shock mounts aren't doing their job 100%.

Nov 13, 2013 at 06:18 PM
SJantzphoto

p.3974 #15 · p.3974 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
No, Mark, you can't mount a different camera to the Phantom 2, which is a ready-to-fly, integrated system: it's got a shock-mounted gimbal and camera built-in. I guess the shock mounts aren't doing their job 100%.

Steve, I use Adobe Premiere Pro. Here is a lesson on the warp stabilizer.
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cs6/warp-stabilizer/

I also understand Adobe After Effects has some options also.

You have a nice setup. I can think of a lot of things to use that for
Steve4

Nov 13, 2013 at 06:25 PM
SJantzphoto

p.3974 #16 · p.3974 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Jim noticed the more-or-less constant jitters in the Phantom II footage that I posted the other day. It's annoying, and iMovie's anti-shake processing does nothing to remove it. Can anyone recommend other, better post-processing filters for stabilizing video?

Here's another shortcoming of the system: the image below is a still shot of my rooftop solar panels. What could be causing the periodic distortion? Is this what they mean by 'jello'? The camera has a 140-degree field of view, and there's a setting I haven't tried yet to capture stills in three- or five-frame bursts (but not bracketed). Maybe this is why,
...Show more

Steve,
The rolling shutter repair in Premiere Pro might help that also. Several options from Adobe
Steve4

Nov 13, 2013 at 06:54 PM
Leviathor
• •
p.3974 #17 · p.3974 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here's a little something I think everyone here can appreciate:

An extraordinary code of honour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKlZg1fEepY

"Reg Sherren tells the remarkable story of how a WWII B-17 bomber crew made it home with the help of the enemy."

Nov 13, 2013 at 07:32 PM
ELinder
• •
p.3974 #18 · p.3974 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Steve, Final Cut Pro X also has built in footage stabilization and rolling shutter corrections.

Erich

Nov 13, 2013 at 07:49 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3974 #19 · p.3974 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wavy straight lines = Jello Effect

Vibration + Limitation of the camera/sensor and not easily corrected I'm afraid...

Nov 13, 2013 at 08:41 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3974 #20 · p.3974 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jo and Jay are correct. It's just a limitation of the technology. Nothing I have tried in any editing software has done much but cause it to look weird in another way. Now if you screw the 4x4 to that rig, up the horsepower a bit, you'd have a rock solid boat anchor……………..

I'm attaching the 4x4 to my D800 as we speak, in prep for my early evening aerial of the residence I captured this morning.

Sometimes all the pieces do fit together. I have been eyeing a site where a large new project is about to start, as I headed to lunch today I decided I'd stop by and introduce myself. Turns out all the major players had just finished walking the site. My card worked it's magic, questions popped up about how one gets images like that. Turns out all of the gentleman had a ride in a B25 on their "bucket list". I asked them to go to my site, look over my work, honor me with their business, and I'd see that the B25 box gets checked. Hopefully I'll get the aerial work based upon quality of the product, but the competition will have a little trouble coming up with a matching perk…….

Nov 13, 2013 at 09:29 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password