Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3963      
       3965              4288       4289       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3964 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh and BTW, notice our fledgling air to air shooter handily produced full disc images! Nicely done Eddie Ray!!

Nov 05, 2013 at 01:03 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3964 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

On the subject of importance in the scheme of things. My Granddaughter Faith had a little friend who was very special needs. Faith apparently gravitated toward this little boy in her class while most of the other kids moved the other direction. The boys parents told Jennifer that she meant the world to their son and her kindness meant the world to him, and to them. The little guy loved the ocean and whales, so his parents took him to Maui this week to be near them both. He had had a heart transplant and for some reason he was rejecting his new heart, complicating his other challenges. He wasn't eating so his Mom and Dad took him in and the Dr. said he needed a feeding tube immediately because he was so weak. They sedated him to install the tube, and he never woke up. His ashes, at least a portion of them will be scattered over the ocean and mammals he loved in a day or so. those of you inclined to prayer, please do, those parents have now endured the unthinkable, and, without Christ, the unendurable. Faith is too little to take comfort in this, but what more could you ask than to be told in these circumstances that you made a monumental difference in someone's life.

I was feeling a little down today, in retrospect I apologize Lord, my life is a cake walk.

Nov 05, 2013 at 01:21 AM
Wrei
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3964 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A very sad story, we'll add prayers for your granddaughter, you and most of all for the young man's family. May God Bless them.

Nov 05, 2013 at 01:26 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3964 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn said he would throw me out if I didn't get the full disc. "Don't waste the opportunity!"

Nov 05, 2013 at 01:37 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3964 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I think "if its not a full disc its garbage" were my exact words.

Nov 05, 2013 at 01:41 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3964 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Glenn, this old retired guy has slept since then...that messes with the memory!

Nov 05, 2013 at 01:42 AM
DanNehmer
• •
p.3964 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Heck, you don't have to be old and retired to have sleep, or beer, or life in general to mess with your memory, I'm living proof of that

Nov 05, 2013 at 01:56 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3964 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You gotta love that Glenn! He's a no nonsense mentor!! Obviously the motivational factor there was very effective!!

Nov 05, 2013 at 02:00 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3964 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I can't begin to imagine the utter anguish those parents must be experiencing...

Certainly one lone voice in the wilderness can't make much of a difference but it certainly won't hurt to ask Him to look in on them.

Nov 05, 2013 at 06:40 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3964 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Amen, Jay. No parent should have to experience the death of their child.

Nov 05, 2013 at 07:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3964 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Maybe this will serve as a tribute to a young life ended too soon. Beauty is everywhere, but never always: sometimes you are lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time.

Kalalau Valley, Kaua'i

Nov 05, 2013 at 07:11 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3964 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Large Metallic Print -> Wall -> Provide Oxygen to visitors...

Nov 05, 2013 at 07:31 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3964 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Maybe this will serve as a tribute to a young life ended too soon. Beauty is everywhere, but never always: sometimes you are lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time.

Kalalau Valley, Kaua'i

Simply WOW Steve. I imagine the Kaua'i Visitors Bureau will be negotiating a license fee with you soon. Is this photo taken with your D800 or E-M1? Either way, it is the kind of shot I believe Fuji originally invented Velvia for. WOW!!!!!!

Nov 05, 2013 at 08:52 AM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3964 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bet you're glad about those clouds now, eh?

Nov 05, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3964 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nov 05, 2013 at 02:42 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3964 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Large Metallic Print -> Wall -> Provide Oxygen to visitors...

Yeah, what he said......

Nov 05, 2013 at 03:44 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3964 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks, everyone. This is one of those views that you come on suddenly: there's no hint of what's ahead as you climb up to the rim, and it took my breath away to be confronted with the double rainbow and the valley falling away to the sea.

Now, where do I go to have a large metallic print made? How about an aluminum print? I think my hosts deserve one hanging on their wall.

BTW, Jeff, this was a two-frame stitched pano from the EM-1. Nice camera; I think I'll keep it.

Nov 05, 2013 at 04:07 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3964 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here's a Stereo-X pair of the canyon rim to the right of the position from which the double rainbow pano was taken.

Nov 05, 2013 at 04:37 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3964 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Anybody get their paws on a new Nikon DF yet?

Joe McNally liked it.

Nov 05, 2013 at 04:51 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3964 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jay, remember that quip that He would have come down here and made the sacrifice if there was only one of us to save? Extrapolating that, your lone voice will do just fine.

That little guy was 7, words fail.

Zim, Zim! Can you hear the sound of my gear hitting the pool deck as I toss it out my office window? I think I'll see if UPS is hiring for the holidays..........

You guys just thought we didn't get this shot...........

Nov 05, 2013 at 05:28 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password