FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3947      
       3949              4531       4532       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3948 #1 · p.3948 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just returned from my AUS assignment, and yes it's blowing and raining. Toyota texted me with a picture of my new ride safely tucked away in the shop pre-delivery area. I kind of like putting miles on their car and keeping my new one under cover, but I think that will end tomorrow morning.

Oct 02, 2014 at 09:59 PM
Ryan Harris
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3948 #2 · p.3948 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The CAF had the B-29 and B-24 down at Redbird, positioned for this weekend's festivities, but decided to take them back to Meacham for the night to get out of the weather. We're expecting it here in Houston around midnight.

Oct 03, 2014 at 01:14 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3948 #3 · p.3948 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Razor17 wrote:
They were slow on the foot rests/rudders...

Just a little! I actually meant to say the roll right. Lots of right rudder in there to push that nose right...really have to tip it over for that left seater to wave to the people on the ground right side of the airplane! lol

Oct 03, 2014 at 01:53 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3948 #4 · p.3948 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

" target="_blank">Some scenes from the WWI Dawn Patrol
, next one's in 2016.

Oct 03, 2014 at 03:14 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3948 #5 · p.3948 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy Natal Day, Jeff.

Jeff W. wrote:
Sad, but true Jim. I turn 59 tomorrow and not certain I'm 100% conversant on that particular subject

Oct 03, 2014 at 03:15 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3948 #6 · p.3948 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The youtube video I posted above was probably shot Sunday as well, as Saturday was dreary and cloudy all day.

© NightOwl Cat 2014

NIKON D300S    80.0-400.0 mm f/4.5-5.6 lens    400mm    f/22.0    1/60s    200 ISO    -1.0 EV  

Oct 03, 2014 at 03:18 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3948 #7 · p.3948 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I love how much air the F-22 moves

Airbender by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Oct 03, 2014 at 04:19 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • • •
p.3948 #8 · p.3948 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy Birthday, Jeff. May your day be great.

Oct 03, 2014 at 05:02 AM
yipDog
• •
p.3948 #9 · p.3948 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks for the kind words on the tank pics everyone!
And no problem on the video questions Jim. As you now know I love chatting about gear! Anytime! Can't wait to see shots from the 180!!

Here's a bit of video I dug up for a FB thread on the Corsair... Though the planes didn't end up flying it's still pretty cool to watch and listen to. I wasn't able to make it out the following day when the pair flew together. Apologies for the occasional commentary over the engine sound track....

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Those tanks would use up a lot of runway Rob! Thanks for fielding my video questions, I really appreciate it! I kind of thought that's what you would say about the Sony. Looking more and more like I'll end up with the Sony PXW-180. I think it will be a good piece of gear for me. I'm fiddling with a new Canon XA-25 and it's nice, but I have a bit of a psychological hurdle to get past with any camera in that small "camcorder" form factor. Doesn't feel like a pro piece of gear, I know that's probably
...Show more

Oct 03, 2014 at 07:54 AM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3948 #10 · p.3948 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Just returned from my AUS assignment, and yes it's blowing and raining. Toyota texted me with a picture of my new ride safely tucked away in the shop pre-delivery area. I kind of like putting miles on their car and keeping my new one under cover, but I think that will end tomorrow morning.

Coincidently we are changing a car on Monday. It's the end of an era for us and a bit sad. For the last 20 years Thea and I have been running SAABs. Sadly they stopped selling them in the UK some years ago - so we have to wave goodbye to our last one. We will be missing the fantastic seats, the neat touches like the twin sun visors, and the amazing “real world” crash protection. So after all kinds of research we've settled on a Skoda Octavia. I now realise that the Skoda brand is not sold in North America, so I might as well be talking about cream cheese. Oh well …...

Oct 03, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Wrei
• • • •
p.3948 #11 · p.3948 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

...we have cream cheese!

Oct 03, 2014 at 12:42 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3948 #12 · p.3948 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Happy Birthday Jeff!

Oct 03, 2014 at 01:31 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3948 #13 · p.3948 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

We have VW Passats over here, which is basically the same car as an Octavia. Nice choice.

Oct 03, 2014 at 02:01 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3948 #14 · p.3948 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good Morning Jo! Looks like I'm going to have a couple of projects down in your neck of the woods between now and the end of the year. I know it's quite a trek from Buda to Roundrock, so this should work out better for lunch/dinner!

Oct 03, 2014 at 02:17 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3948 #15 · p.3948 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ah, well that sounds good!

Oct 03, 2014 at 02:18 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3948 #16 · p.3948 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Looking forward to these advances!

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2604311/wd-leapfrogs-seagate-with-world-s-highest-capacity-10tb-helium-drive-new-flash-drives.html

Oct 03, 2014 at 02:24 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3948 #17 · p.3948 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I need a little advice from our more technically adept folks. Thinking about a couple of these units but I have a few questions. First, ISCSI used to mean a special card in the computer and special cables. Obviously my iMacs can't accomodate a special card. Do these units just connect up with gigabit ethernet cables and the ISCSI configuration takes place within the Drobo? How does this compare in speed with an NAS unit of the same capacity that only uses a CAT 5 ethernet? My goal is to try to get 32TB in one enclosure. Doesn't appear Drobo is on the fast track to revamping their enclosures to work with the 6TB drives, so I'm looking at this route.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/756606-REG/Drobo_DR_B800I_2A21_B800i_iSCSI_SAN_Storage.html

Oct 03, 2014 at 02:38 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3948 #18 · p.3948 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I need a little advice from our more technically adept folks. Thinking about a couple of these units but I have a few questions. First, ISCSI used to mean a special card in the computer and special cables. Obviously my iMacs can't accomodate a special card. Do these units just connect up with gigabit ethernet cables and the ISCSI configuration takes place within the Drobo? How does this compare in speed with an NAS unit of the same capacity that only uses a CAT 5 ethernet? My goal is to try to get 32TB in one enclosure. Doesn't appear Drobo
...Show more

Jim, iSCSI post dates my data centre experience – so I’ve never looked it in the eye. Regarding special cards and cables – I think you may be misremembering a little and getting confused with Fibre Channel. AFAIK iSCSI uses a standard IP network to send SCSI commands to / from a remote device such as to provide the client computer with the illusion that the remote storage is local. Apparently there are performance gains to be had by using iSCSI. I will now stand to one side and await the arrival of comments from folks who have practical experience.

Oct 03, 2014 at 03:06 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3948 #19 · p.3948 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Nick! Maybe I'm confusing the tower that I bought years ago which housed 15 1TB drives. It required a pci-e card and special cabling to work with my Mac Pro. So based upon what you see, do you think this just plugs inn using the ethernet port ( I guess on my router), then one configures the ip address and settings in the Drobo itself. Does this then give me the ability to get to my files from anywhere in the world that I might be? I've never had that, and it would be a plus.

Oct 03, 2014 at 06:25 PM
RobMoser
• • •
p.3948 #20 · p.3948 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yes, and no. Yes, iSCSI is the SCSI protocol over Ethernet. So theoretically, you could access your Drobo over the Internet. Due to latency limited bandwidth, I doubt you'd find the experience useful, however. Generally the way iSCSI is done is to have a completely separate network between the server or servers using the storage and the iSCSI device so that contention is reduced. We usually configure a private network for the server / storage only. The server uses a separate Ethernet interface for things like Internet access.

Rob

Oct 03, 2014 at 07:48 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password