Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3928      
       3930              4320       4321       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3929 #1 · p.3929 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Unfortunate news regarding the A2A at Alliance but that was just icing on this cake so, all good.

Safely in West Texas for the night. Hope to hit HQ just after lunch if I can get my wheels turning early in the morning.

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:08 AM
astrobrian
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3929 #2 · p.3929 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Good afternoon everyone. In the spirit of full disclosure, I need to tell you that the B25 mission just got scrubbed. The 25 will not be at Alliance.

Wow that is news to me as the email I got this morning made it sound like nothing was wrong and all was well for next weekend. I can tell you from the back half of Devil Dog, everything was fine that I could see after landing yesterday. Sorry if this doesn't add much but it does have me a bit perplexed.

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3929 #3 · p.3929 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

On Friday we arose a couple of hours before dawn and drove through the darkness so we could witness the birth of the day's batch of new Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. It was a fascinating process: two men use a lot of fresh milk from the cows housed just outside the cheesery and employ steam-jacketed copper cauldrons to produce six fresh wheels of cheese over the course of about 90 mintues; and afterward we were taken to see the aging rooms where the huge wheels spend between 12 and 16 months before being shipped all over the world. Then we had a well-earned breakfast of fresh yoghurt, cheese, salumi and the local flat bread called 'tigelle'.

Oct 16, 2013 at 01:05 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3929 #4 · p.3929 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Brian,

This had nothing to do with the readiness of DD and crew, and everything to do with a very influential client's schedule. Unavoidable, just one of those things.

Oct 16, 2013 at 01:33 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3929 #5 · p.3929 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
The second test flight today went better: some fiddly stuff with the carbs and new plugs. I look forward to the new 912iS engine fitted to the Pipistrel: no carburetors!

Where's the "Really Like!!!" Button?

Oct 16, 2013 at 01:36 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3929 #6 · p.3929 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm probably out for tomorrow due to meetings, so you guys relax and get together. We'll begin festivities Thursday am. Looking forward to our time together. Things will be very different when we can light up our own B25 and summon our own subjects.

Oct 16, 2013 at 01:39 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3929 #7 · p.3929 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Have fun at Alliance everyone. Here's a shot from my trip to Vancouver Island for Canadian Thanksgiving:

Foggy Morning Color by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Oct 16, 2013 at 02:02 AM
ELinder
• •
p.3929 #8 · p.3929 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Sorry Erich,

On the bright side, any of you who have been around me while we are planning, holding together and executing these missions, know how stressful it is. Knowing that we've scrubbed, albeit disappointing, will allow me to do the fifty other things I'm tasked with at the show, and enjoy you all to boot.

We might just stir up an air to air or two at HQ on Thursday, who knows?

Hope it didn't sound like I was complaining, just disappointed. I've sat thru enough formation flight briefings to have an idea what you must go thru trying to pull one of these together. Besides, all good things come to those who wait.

Erich

Edited on Oct 16, 2013 at 02:58 AM · View previous versions

Oct 16, 2013 at 02:51 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3929 #9 · p.3929 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Brian,

This had nothing to do with the readiness of DD and crew, and everything to do with a very influential client's schedule. Unavoidable, just one of those things.

Just got the email saying that, you are officially faster than our own Jim.

Yup, first shot of the morning, handheld 1/2 second exposure blur

Oct 16, 2013 at 02:54 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3929 #10 · p.3929 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Go4Long wrote:
Have fun at Alliance everyone. Here's a shot from my trip to Vancouver Island for Canadian Thanksgiving:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3767/10297379614_c47f9d1c74_c.jpg
Foggy Morning Color by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

I'm really liking this image Steven

Oct 16, 2013 at 03:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Go4Long
• • •
p.3929 #11 · p.3929 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Jeff. It was a little bit of luck. The fog was so thick that we couldn't go out fishing that morning, so I ran in to town to get fuel for the truck instead. I recently discovered a storage compartment in my truck that allows me to keep my camera in the truck at all times and relatively secure. Anyway, I was heading by the cove and looked over and there was the boat with a wall of fog right behind it. I backed up down the road to a spot that I could pull off the side and hopped down the embankment to get the shot.

I'm in the process of doing a wall display of canvases at my mom's house on the island, and fairly certain that shot will be one of the larger ones, likely 24x36.

Oct 16, 2013 at 03:20 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3929 #12 · p.3929 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Man that new paint on Yellow Rose looks tight!

Oct 16, 2013 at 03:42 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3929 #13 · p.3929 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

So, what's our count for HQ?

Me,Lady Jo, Wrei, Zim, Jay, Larry, Rob, Gunny, Erich, Glenn?, Nadya? Al, Kevin. Miss anyone?

Edited on Oct 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM · View previous versions

Oct 16, 2013 at 03:48 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3929 #14 · p.3929 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Man that new paint on Yellow Rose looks tight!

Just don't look too closely at her face, looks "bruised" a bit.

Oct 16, 2013 at 03:53 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3929 #15 · p.3929 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I'm probably out for tomorrow due to meetings, so you guys relax and get together. We'll begin festivities Thursday am. Looking forward to our time together. Things will be very different when we can light up our own B25 and summon our own subjects.

Where do we get together if you're not at HQ, Jim? I was counting on a place to hangar the Remos...

Edited on Oct 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM · View previous versions

Oct 16, 2013 at 04:21 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3929 #16 · p.3929 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
So, what's our count for HQ?

Me, Zim, Jay, Larry, Rob, Gunny, Erich, Glenn?, Nadya? Al, Kevin. Miss anyone?

we are in! coming home thursday night so no PPR or hangar required on this end.

Oct 16, 2013 at 04:38 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3929 #17 · p.3929 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

How could you forget Lady Jo ??

Oct 16, 2013 at 04:40 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3929 #18 · p.3929 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I will probably be coming with Glenn…someway.

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Baywing
• •
p.3929 #19 · p.3929 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just getting back into things after a bit of a break. I've started shooting at Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome again after an 11 year absence (politics) and have been noticing a problem. It could be that I am more aware of prop blur and my desire to achieve that has caused other issues. What I'm finding is that I need 1/125-1/160 sec as max shutter speed for about 1/3 to 1/2 disc. While 1/60 would be better, it's not a good idea, at least not right now. I'm shooting with FX (full frame) using a 500mm with 1.4 tc (700mm). The AF is doing fine, what I think I'm running into is subject movement during the exposure. The majority of my shots are from the front, either head-on or just off to the side. As a result, panning doesn't really come into play. (The biggest difference is that years ago, I had field access so shots were more from the side than the front.) I do better with the slower a/c, the pre-WW1 buggies that just hop. I'm guessing that they do about 30mph max. The others get up to 60-70mph and I'm thinking subject motion is what is biting me.
I'm curious what the "experts" think and if there is a solution I'm overlooking. The sad part is, last show was Sunday past, so I won't be able to practice until next season.
Here's a typical shot from my best vantage point:

Hanriot

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3929 #20 · p.3929 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Lady Jo and Wrei!!!!!! Of Course!!!!! My mind has left the building!

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password