Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3921      
       3923              4395       4396       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Colin Giersberg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3922 #1 · p.3922 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jack, welcome to our favorite place to hang out. Sit down and buckle up because the ride is long and has no end.

Regards, Colin

Since I don't have anything aviation related, maybe this will do. The largest flying object in our solar system.

Oct 10, 2013 at 08:18 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3922 #2 · p.3922 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A2A imagery from my father's files. Dad said this photo was taken at his CO's request for their 1958 squadron Christmas card. Even as a kid, I never liked that big black nose on the F-86D. Dad took this image using a Folmer Graflex K21 camera that produced a 5x7 negative from roll film. He said the K21 was a heavy and unwieldy tool in the back seat area of a military fighter.

Oct 10, 2013 at 08:34 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3922 #3 · p.3922 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear Jeff,

Please tell your Dad that I would consider it an honor to shake the hand that created images like that! That IS when men were men!

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3922 #4 · p.3922 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Welcome Jack!! Thank you for your service!!!

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3922 #5 · p.3922 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Terribly sorry to say I most likely wont be able to make HQ day or Alliance next week. I have a non-refundable hotel room at Hampton Inn in Allen for thursday night if anybody needs a room and for some reason doesnt have one yet.

Glenn

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:26 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3922 #6 · p.3922 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Man Glenn How can this be? I'm bummed beyond words..........

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:37 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3922 #7 · p.3922 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"I have this buddy, and we'd like to go up and do air to air pictures of each other......................" Wish I had a dime for each time I've been asked to help with this game of Russian Roulette. Now I can just forward them a link:

http://www.flyingmag.com/technique/accidents/video-midair-collision-caught-it-happened?src=related&src=related&con=outbrain&obref=obinsite

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:39 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3922 #8 · p.3922 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'll call the hotel and see if I can get them to credit you. What happened to "Up to six o'clock"?

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3922 #9 · p.3922 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

There is a slim chance i'll be able to fly up thursday for a good part of the day and thats really the most important thing out of the whole Alliance weekened anyways, but im headed back out to Cali friday morning so I wont be able to stay.

I bought a non-refundable prepaid room at that Hampton for $84 instead of the 100 whatever dollar regular price cancelable room because there was no way I was going to miss it. isnt life funny!

No Bonanza either - its still being held hostage in Wichita waiting for the FAA registry to reopen.

Glenn

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:47 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3922 #10 · p.3922 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Darn Conservatives! Along those lines, I received a letter from Humana today notifying me that I can keep my policy with them for the next 12 months, or I can "take advantage" of the "affordable healthcare act", enroll at an exchange, which I understand is an easy deal. Good news is, in this upside down world, the "affordable" option is a bit more than double our current premium. Same coverage, limited physicians....a....... double. I don't think one needs Rodolfo's mental acuity to navigate this decision. Oh, and the cost of the website interface for this affordable healthcare, promised to be 64 million, is currently at ten times that, and it doesn't work yet. What could you possibly expect from the folks who raided our social security "trust" fund? I will say that they have gotten very efficient, it took years to drain SS, this monstrosity is a 1.7 trillion dollar vortex in less than 36 months, with the major facets only being in play since the first of October. These guys are good.................in a very bad way.

Oct 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

ELinder
• • •
p.3922 #11 · p.3922 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

For the last few years my medical insurance premiums have been going up about 10% to 15% per year. Total for just myself for insurance and meds runs me about $12,000 per year. I couldn't go somewhere else because no one would take me with pre existing conditions. Until now. Sure, we have some of the best medical care in the world available, but only if you're lucky enough to be able to afford it.

Oct 11, 2013 at 01:00 AM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3922 #12 · p.3922 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn, that sucks. Hope you can make it on Thursday at least.

Oct 11, 2013 at 01:35 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3922 #13 · p.3922 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn, I may be able to help on the room. I am still messing with this house but I hope to get things finished next Tuesday, freeing up Thursday. Got delayed a week due to my wife's uncle having a memory issue and driving to Winnie at 2:39 am…he lives in Galveston and he never showed up for work in Houston. Life keeps challenging us keeping things interesting.

Ray

Oct 11, 2013 at 01:49 AM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3922 #14 · p.3922 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Welcome Jack !

Oct 11, 2013 at 01:49 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3922 #15 · p.3922 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn, I'm sorry to hear we may miss you at HQ. It wouldn't be the same without you.

Oct 11, 2013 at 03:55 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3922 #16 · p.3922 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

My younger brother is in the same boat Erich. He had a string of medical issues that make him uninsurable if his employer decides to drop coverage, which is likely. Unfortunately the uninsurable clause ran out of funding after less than 90 days from inception:

http://csteventucker.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/the-truth-about-preexisting-conditions/

I think there is going to be a lot of disappointment amongst the act's proponents as the reality of what it is unfolds. Like public education, it puzzles me how so much time and money can get thrown at something, yet emerge a complicated, ineffective quagmire, but that seems to be government's specialty, no matter who is in charge.

Oct 11, 2013 at 04:41 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3922 #17 · p.3922 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm with Zim Glenn! You're really going to miss Hutchins BBQ? I don't believe it.

Oct 11, 2013 at 04:42 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3922 #18 · p.3922 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

trust me i'm more upset that you guys are about it! keeping my fingers crossed to be there thursday and unfortunately i wont know until wednesday if its gonna happen. If only my Cessna went 600mph... I met Elon Musks pilot at dinner the other night in Fremont. I should have asked him for a ride!

Glenn

Edited on Oct 11, 2013 at 06:35 AM · View previous versions

Oct 11, 2013 at 06:30 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3922 #19 · p.3922 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Its yours if you want it Wrei. I'm expensing it to Dell so its not coming out of my pocket at least. I'm pretty sure i wont be able to spend the night. You could fly up with us if you wanted to, but you'd have a find a different way home.

Glenn

Oct 11, 2013 at 06:34 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3922 #20 · p.3922 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Terribly sorry to say I most likely wont be able to make HQ day or Alliance next week. I have a non-refundable hotel room at Hampton Inn in Allen for thursday night if anybody needs a room and for some reason doesnt have one yet.

Glenn

Major Dislike!

Who's going to let me fly if you're not there?

Oct 11, 2013 at 06:59 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password