FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              983      
       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.984 #1 · p.984 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Longhorns are approachable if you have food. However, these are very protective of calves and she doesn't let anyone in the pasture when the calves are around.

My grandson offered them some snacks to come over to say "howdy". The one he is feeding is eating for two.

Mar 16, 2024 at 10:43 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.984 #2 · p.984 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
Longhorns are approachable if you have food. However, these are very protective of calves and she doesn't let anyone in the pasture when the calves are around.

My grandson offered them some snacks to come over to say "howdy". The one he is feeding is eating for two.

https://www.rayswindlepix.com/img/s/v-10/p3791839201-4.jpg

Yes..that was a thought I considered Ray! Fruit(apple) or carrot...I would have tempted them with. If "mom" said "stay away", I would have retreated and totally understood. I grew up around cattle of all kinds and pigs!

Mar 16, 2024 at 12:54 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.984 #3 · p.984 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
We're getting some rain, mixed with warm temperatures, helping things green up nicely. This is a new multi-family complex being built in Allen. Rents will be from $1,500 to $3500 I would guess. Affordable housing is non-existent in this area.

Not only in you're neck of the woods Jim, also over here.

For some people who rent over here it's impossible to get a mortgage.
The average rent over here is about € 800 euro's
So the are able to pay 800 and higher but are not eligible to get a mortgage

It's weird my mortgage is €515,00 without water gas etc.
I never rented just was lucky I guess when I bought my apartment then sold it for good money and was able to buy my moms house without interference from the bank.

And the new stuff they want to build here are in the 500.000 euro price range about 545.000 US so noting for starters..

Mar 16, 2024 at 01:59 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.984 #4 · p.984 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:

I never rented just was lucky I guess when I bought my apartment then sold it for good money and was able to buy my moms house without interference from the bank.

And the new stuff they want to build here are in the
...Show more
It is EVERYWHERE "J-A"! They call it progress!

Mar 16, 2024 at 02:04 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.984 #5 · p.984 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:

And the new stuff they want to build here are in the
...Show more

Here in Central Texas, my farm has exploded by 1000%. I can't get over this and these dates correspond to our current administration and liberal states causing their citizens and businesses to move to Texas;

Mar 16, 2024 at 02:54 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.984 #6 · p.984 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
Here in Central Texas, my farm has exploded by 1000%. I can't get over this;

https://www.rayswindlepix.com/img/s/v-10/p3792582820-4.jpg

That is great for you Ray! It is called capitalism the honest way! You have an investment, it is making profits!
Our property has doubled and that is fine with me! I had mortgages at 8-xx% Variable rate all the way up to 15 % during Carter. Nothing CLOSE( interest rates) to what they were or are of today! Plus I had VA benefits.

But someone has to pay for this and unfortunately I believe it is me(us as taxpayers in some way), a retired, fixed income family living comfortably but wish......!

Mar 16, 2024 at 03:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ray Swindle
• • •
p.984 #7 · p.984 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:
That is great for you Ray! It is called capitalism the honest way! You have an investment, it is making profits!
Our property has doubled and that is fine with me! I had mortgages at 8-xx% Variable rate all the way up to 15 % during Carter. Nothing CLOSE( interest rates) to what they were or are of today! Plus I had VA benefits.

But someone has to pay for this and unfortunately I believe it is me(us as taxpayers in some way), a retired, fixed income family living comfortably but wish......!

Not necessarily great. I am saved because my farm is valued by productivity vs appraised value. The productivity value of corn is a lot less than 100+ acres of land. With the increased value, my property taxes go up. I could not afford to buy and sustain this farm at todays values. There are people here who have to apply for hardship 401k withdrawals to pay for their taxes and mortgages. Not good.

We have had people buying property here unseen from other states at very high prices. This only raises the appraised value we have to pay taxes on.

Mar 16, 2024 at 03:26 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.984 #8 · p.984 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
Not necessarily great. I am saved because my farm is valued by productivity vs appraised value. The productivity value of corn is a lot less than 100+ acres of land. With the increased value, my property taxes go up. I could not afford to buy and sustain this farm at todays values. There are people here who have to apply for hardship 401k withdrawals to pay for their taxes and mortgages. Not good.

We have had people buying property here unseen from other states at very high prices. This only raises the appraised value we have to pay taxes
...Show more

Not only states but the CCP Ray!!!!! I feel the exact same way as you. I am very atuned to what is happening to my farming neighbors. I always attend the County "Harvest" breakfast in November where market prices, the past growing season, grain futures and of course how many "farmers" we lost this year to developers!

I am surrounded by farm land BUT the England Woods farm was sold to a developer for a "Over 50's Community"! Our County is pushing its development ahead of schedule!

"Pave over paradise and put in a parking lot"!

Mar 17, 2024 at 09:18 AM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.984 #9 · p.984 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:
Not only states but the CCP Ray!!!!! I feel the exact same way as you. I am very atuned to what is happening to my farming neighbors. I always attend the County "Harvest" breakfast in November where market prices, the past growing season, grain futures and of course how many "farmers" we lost this year to developers!

I am surrounded by farm land BUT the England Woods farm was sold to a developer for a "Over 50's Community"! Our County is pushing its development ahead of schedule!

"Pave over paradise and put in a parking lot"!

The city and county leaders here are setting us up for a water disaster. Our primary source of water is 12 feet below normal, and has been below normal for the last 3 years. I doubt we will see the level back up to "normal" in my lifetime. They do not realize how much water is used up by new commercial and residential development. The sustained water level in our main source of water (Belton Lake) is going down and it is nearly inversely proportionate to the increase in new development. META (Facebook/Instagram) is building a new facility in Temple that is going to require many acre feet of water to cool their computer hardware. One of the larger grocers in Texas (HEB) has been buying farm land to expand their distribution center. Hey Jim, you should be seeing some new HEB's in your neck of the woods. We will eventually run out of water, and since this is an arid climate area with only 30 inches of rain/year, there is no other supply nearby. Wonder when the idiots in charge will stop counting their money to see the problem.

We need a state moratorium on selling cropland for development...but the only thing we hear are the crickets.

Mar 17, 2024 at 09:35 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.984 #10 · p.984 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
The city and county leaders here are setting us up for a water disaster. Our primary source of water is 12 feet below normal, and has been below normal for the last 3 years. I doubt we will see the level back up to "normal" in my lifetime. They do not realize how much water is used up by new commercial and residential development. The sustained water level in our main source of water (Belton Lake) is going down and it is nearly inversely proportionate to the increase in new development. META (Facebook/Instagram) is building a new facility in
...Show more
I fear that is wishful thinking for us Ray!

Mar 17, 2024 at 11:53 AM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.984 #11 · p.984 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:
I fear that is wishful thinking for us Ray!

Especially with the globalist lying about growing food being bad for the environment.

Mar 17, 2024 at 11:57 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.984 #12 · p.984 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
Especially with the globalist lying about growing food being bad for the environment.

I am sorry to say this Ray but I am NOT hearing much common sense/truth coming from anywhere.
Yes there are exceptions but those are in a minority at this time.

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:00 PM
       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.