Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3903      
       3905              4133       4134       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3904 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Marcia and I are leaving for Italy in the morning: a few days in Venice (where we have friends and my sister is playing a concert); a day in Slovenia (where I will kick the tires at the PIpistrel factory); a few more days in Bologna and Florence; and a week in the Tuscan countryside an hour outside Florence. The only camera I'm taking is the micro four thirds Oly E-P5. My camera bag is so small and light, it doesn't seem right.

There will be no photos posted from Italy while I'm there, unless you count iPhone photos, because I'm
...Show more

Wow what a awesome trip Steve hope you both have a wonderful time nice mm and tuscan make some great photo's and the food the fooooood

Edit for top

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    400mm    f/5.6    1/400s    50 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Edited on Sep 25, 2013 at 08:02 PM · View previous versions

Sep 25, 2013 at 07:36 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3904 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Mike Collins at AOPA said he liked mine better than Flying's as well!

Mike is clearly a man of taste and no little discernment.

I hope everyone read the blog from his recently completed round-the-world trip.

Sep 25, 2013 at 07:47 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3904 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Wow what a awesome trip Steve hope you both have a wonderful time nice mm and tuscan make some great photo's and the food the fooooood

Hang on, there's food in Tuscany??

Sep 25, 2013 at 07:48 PM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3904 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Steve,
is there anything else

Oh yeah - there's some art, I think

Sep 25, 2013 at 08:32 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3904 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ow yeah art almost forgot and nice Tuscan landscape It's still high on my wish list..

AWACS

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    285mm    f/8.0    1/800s    50 ISO    -1.0 EV  

Sep 25, 2013 at 08:49 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3904 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Don't forget the wine !

Sep 25, 2013 at 09:38 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3904 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rob Holland in a rare moment of straight and level at Oshkosh...

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3904 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Have fun Zim! Safe travels!!

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:09 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3904 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Mike Collins is a good friend and fellow ISAP board member, he is an articulate and wonderful gentleman, and......he knows how to judge a cover shot!

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3904 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Anyone from the Arizona / California contingent fancy a day or so shooting in December (week before Christmas) possibly in Death Valley?

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3904 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Guys and Gals,

Mark PM'd me with an ISAP question and I think it might be a good idea to post it for all of you. Those of you closest to me know what a drumming the board has taken over the past two years as we attempted to bring ISAP forward and turn it into an organization that actually benefits it's membership in terms of amenities, education and opportunities. Here is my reply to Marks' valid question about dues going to $75. Also keep in mind that it has been widely publicized, since a year ago, that the dues were going up and could be renewed prior to that at the $35 rate.

Hi Mark,

Sorry, I've been so slammed that I haven't had time to address much other than my immediate challenges. Here's my take on it. The 35 dollar dues for ISAP over the years has been a joke. Given what ISAP offered it's members for a decade, maybe 35 bucks was too much. When we took over there were a number of things that needed to be revamped, ISnAP, we needed a real website, not that mess we had for a decade. We needed IT help and insight. The association lost between $1,500 and $7,000 each and every year, and provided very little in the way of exposure, education, a web presence it's members could point to proudly.

When you boil it down, ISAP needed to offer value and be run like a business. We undertook that responsibility. Much research was done into similar organizations and we found that many of them had dues in the $250 to $350 range. We raised ours to $75 because we felt like that would begin to give us the resources to bring more amenities and opportunities to our membership. As of last week, ISAP members receive a free membership to NAPP, a $99 dollar value, if you don't take advantage of all the discounts offered to members. There will be more and more perks like that as the organization grows. Under the previous leadership members paid $35 and basically got a website that a creative person would be ashamed to tell someone about, and the opportunity to attend a mediocre symposium.

Obviously we realized that there would be some attrition when renewal time rolled around, but that is just a fact of life. The organization could not survive, much less grow the way it was being handled prior to our assuming the board responsibilities. We certainly don't want to drive members away, but we do want to provide an organization that offers opportunity to it's members. Honestly, the past two years has been a real pounding for all the board members, I don't know why most of us didn't throw in the towel in the first six months, but we didn't want to do that to our membership.

I hope this clarifies our decision to raise the dues, and I'm sorry that your questions were overlooked.

Thank you for your inquiry.

JW

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3904 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I can't disagree Jim...

Compared to WPPI, PPA, ASMP, etc...

ISAP is a flat out "steal"

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3904 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

gerov wrote:
Steve,
is there anything else

Oh yeah - there's some art, I think

I think theres a few rolling hills or some sort of landscape things to take happy snaps of.....I hear the light is sort of ...OK.....

Enjoy yourselves...

Remember we wanna see images,...or it never happened..

Now about someone to carry your bags...

Al

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3904 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:
Don't forget the wine !

Wine ?,...Wine

beware Wining Fotog...

Al

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3904 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hurricane

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV    EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens    400mm    f/11.0    1/125s    50 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3904 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
Wine ?,...Wine

beware Wining Fotog...

Al

A drink of wine ? Italy ?
Ya know !

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3904 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Bill hows life in Rocky Point Or, see you live near Klamath Falls ever see the eagle's fly?

Sep 26, 2013 at 01:00 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3904 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Couple o' links for y'all.

First up; I made a blog post about Reno Air Races! Written largely from the point of view of someone who has not attended before and was finding things out as we went along, since that is what happened... Enjoy:
http://futurshox.blogspot.com/2013/09/reno-air-races-2013.html

And I just came across this; flying underwater in a new kind of submersible:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/21/deepflight-super-falcon_n_3957253.html

Sep 26, 2013 at 01:10 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3904 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

2013 AvWeek Contest Is Open...
http://www.aviationweek.com/topicsevents/PhotoContest.aspx

Reduced entry fee this year...

Sep 26, 2013 at 03:01 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3904 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Hey Bill hows life in Rocky Point Or, see you live near Klamath Falls ever see the eagle's fly?

Yesssssss...That's my secret get away place. Still got a ticket for night launches, just been to busy workin.
You get over this way look me up and we'll go out on the runway for a few and then up to Crater Lake.

Sep 26, 2013 at 03:12 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password