Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3900      
       3902              4284       4285       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MustangsX2
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3901 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Some of the CAF Spitfire shots. Apologies to Tim if the trampstamp shows up.

Left rudder ...

SpitFIRE

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3901 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I truly appreciate the nice feedback. It's a pleasure to share my efforts here because there's so much great work being done by everyone in our extended family.

Just glad to be here...

Sep 24, 2013 at 01:08 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3901 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Guys,

Im needing some info regarding Yosmite, there were some large fires there recently, does anyone know if they damaged the park to a great extent ??
My plans were to spend a couple of days in the park whilst driving form LA to Vegas, however Im concerned if there was wide spread devestation from the fires.
Was the fire damage is in an isloated area of the park or not ?? Im trying to figure out is it still worth going via Yosemite.
Thanks

The current flow of images are spectacular, including the Reno images, JanArie, the European images are of something different ,..keep em all coming.

Al

Sep 24, 2013 at 01:58 AM
MustangsX2
• •
p.3901 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I been accused of only shooting P-51s, but I can shoot an occasional Bearcat or Tigercat or even a Sea Fury.
It does require a few beers at the end of the day to calm my nerves.

Morning Bear and Tigercat

Every once in a while, I really stray ...

Sep 24, 2013 at 03:36 AM
MustangsX2
• •
p.3901 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ok, now I feel much better.

Sep 24, 2013 at 03:39 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3901 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
Hi Guys,

Im needing some info regarding Yosmite, there were some large fires there recently, does anyone know if they damaged the park to a great extent ??
My plans were to spend a couple of days in the park whilst driving form LA to Vegas, however Im concerned if there was wide spread devestation from the fires.
Was the fire damage is in an isloated area of the park or not ?? Im trying to figure out is it still worth going via Yosemite.
Thanks

The current flow of images are spectacular, including the Reno images, JanArie, the European images are of something different
...Show more

I know a guy through Facebook who lives very near the park (possibly even in the park) and he shoots for the Ansel Adams Trust. Lemme check with him...

Stand By...

Sep 24, 2013 at 04:00 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3901 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Question Posed. Waiting on a response...

Sep 24, 2013 at 04:03 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3901 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

According to my guy at Yosemite: "The fire burned in the extreme north west part. One of the main entry roads go out through the burn zone but the valley was completely unaffected as is the tuolumne Meadows area. Only people super affected would be backpackers going to rarely visited areas. I think you can see some of the burn area from the Tioga road"

Sep 24, 2013 at 04:12 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3901 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thnaks Jay,

just another example of the great family we have here.

Sep 24, 2013 at 04:59 AM
Jeff W.
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3901 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Several of our ranks are featured in the latest edition of the International Society for Aviation Photography magazine 'ISnAP'. Jay Beckman, Steve Zimmerman, and Larry Grace have numerous images featured throughout. Well done gentlemen

http://issuu.com/isaporg/docs/isnapoct2013

Sep 24, 2013 at 05:27 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3901 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Al, you'll have a wonderful time when you get here, the adventures you'll be talking about for quite a while. Wish there was some way I could get away too, but it's not to be this year. Sundays are about the only day of the week I have to shoot this semester, so I took advantage of the nice weather Sunday morning, dragged myself out of a comfy bed at my normal hour of rising (0430) and drove over to Yellow Springs to shoot both the second crop of sunflowers that are now blooming, and the Wool Gathering down the street. Next to the sunflower field, was a herd of cows that were let out for their morning grazing. Just one shot processed so far, will be working on them a little more this morning. Since my current photography class involves learning Photoshop, it's processed in Photoshop Not aircraft, but it is a "noble" effort

NightOwl Cat 2013

Say What???

Sep 24, 2013 at 09:59 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3901 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Several of our ranks are featured in the latest edition of the International Society for Aviation Photography magazine 'ISnAP'. Jay Beckman, Steve Zimmerman, and Larry Grace have numerous images featured throughout. Well done gentlemen

http://issuu.com/isaporg/docs/isnapoct2013

Jeff is being too modest: his fabulous nighttime composite/time exposure from Sky Harbor graces the back cover of the issue.

Congratulations, all: it really is a terrific showcase for ISAP members' talent and versatility.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3901 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I mentioned that I got the cover shot and some interior editorial images in the current issue of a Dutch enthusiast's publication. My copy rolled in today: it's a high-quality, slick paper publication.

But they gave the photo credits to the subject aircraft's owner; my name appears nowhere, which is really odd because the editor corresponded directly with me to get the images he used. Should I ask for a correction in the next issue?

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3901 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

...and while I'm griping about photo credit, I just noticed my name got left off the ISnAP credit list for NAS Whidbey Island.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3901 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

@Laura: Hah! I love the crazed expression on that cow's face.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3901 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good Morning Zim,

Yes, you should ask for a correction. I'll pass along the ISnAP omission. It shouldn't, but it happens all the time. I see my work all over with "staff Photo" or nothing at all. Fortunately they spell my name right on the check, so that's some consolation.

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3901 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's a rigorous schedule Laura, you are a trooper!

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3901 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Al, you'll have a wonderful time when you get here, the adventures you'll be talking about for quite a while. Wish there was some way I could get away too, but it's not to be this year. Sundays are about the only day of the week I have to shoot this semester, so I took advantage of the nice weather Sunday morning, dragged myself out of a comfy bed at my normal hour of rising (0430) and drove over to Yellow Springs to shoot both the second crop of sunflowers that are now blooming, and the Wool Gathering down
...Show more
Caption this image:

What you lookin at

haha, love the country images, I take it way too much for granted,.....seems we often miss whats right in front of us..
Well done Laura.

Al

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3901 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
@astrobrian: Loving that last chopper shot: luminous, post-sunset light and sharp where it counts.

I was pretty excited when they flew in, as it was one of those right place right time deals to get them leaving with perfect light.

Sep 24, 2013 at 03:25 PM
skyhawkpilot
• • •
p.3901 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Windows anything...ugh.....I have been so happy with my Macs over the last ten years that I never want to have to boot up a pc again. Sheila has an old pc laptop thet she will not let me replace with a Mac, I wish it would burst into flame and vanish, then she'd have no choice.

In regards to Windows...I have had little to no issue with Windows 7 or XP. Vista was garbage and I have not had any play time with Windows 8, though I have heard some things. If I end up with a Mac Pro/Air I will likely put windows 7 on it via boot camp.

I have found an aversion to OS X that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe its because I don't know my way around the system like I do with Windows and Linux.

Sep 24, 2013 at 04:50 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password