p.3891 #1 · p.3891 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Scorched Earth by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Aug 12, 2014 at 03:51 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3891 #2 · p.3891 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good Evening Guys and Gals,

Wrapping up a day that began at 5 and will end after I get downloaded and backed up. Another marathon week, with every day commencing with a dawn image and ending whenever.

You all know that you're more than welcome at HQ Thursday, schedules happen and we understand that folks can't always make it. I look forward to hanging out with the people who can join us. I should probably be getting a head count pretty soon.

I'm pleased to announce a collaborative effort at AFW 2014 with Mach Point One, the inimitable Glenn Watson. Think Glenn and I can come up with a couple of keepers? More details after Glenn and I have a board meeting this week at Rudy's BBQ in Austin

Aug 12, 2014 at 04:20 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3891 #3 · p.3891 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Who knows how the photos will turn out, but at least brisket should be mighty tasty!

Glenn

Aug 12, 2014 at 04:51 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3891 #4 · p.3891 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Oh I'm thinking it will be epic fun! Tried to call you about 9 when I was headed into Saltgrass for a late dinner. Let's talk tomorrow.

BTW, here's a little Hill Country cottage for you and Nadia, 1.2M with gorgeous views out every window.

Aug 12, 2014 at 05:03 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3891 #5 · p.3891 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

100% Crop from a small section of a D810 file..............

Aug 12, 2014 at 05:54 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3891 #6 · p.3891 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Shooting Stars Over Oshkosh

Aug 12, 2014 at 09:23 AM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3891 #7 · p.3891 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jim, gosh that 100% crop is astonishing. Look at the texture detail on the chair backs. Oh, and who is that person in the light blue shirt – reflected in the plant / flower vase? Looking at that as a practical, real word result, I do wonder about how a medium format digital system could be much better. Dynamic range? I also look at it and marvel at the production engineering tolerances.

BTW I love the real estate pictures. The mixture of styling influences on the exteriors is a hoot - not to be snooty mind. In these parts buildings evolve over the centuries – picking up influences as the tide of fashion goes in and out. Over in your neck of the woods folks hit the fast forward button and have it all right from the off – fascinating!

Aug 12, 2014 at 09:44 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3891 #8 · p.3891 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Abbotsford Airshow's first twilight show.

Burners at Sunset by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Aug 12, 2014 at 12:39 PM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.3891 #9 · p.3891 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I don't know if anyone enters the online Photocrowd competitions. https://www.photocrowd.com/a/current
I entered the following image in "Technology" and it came 31st out of 249 entries in the "Crowd" vote and got a Commended in the Expert Judge vote (makes it in the top 25)
Niall

Aug 12, 2014 at 05:44 PM
RobMoser
• • •
p.3891 #10 · p.3891 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Good Evening Guys and Gals,

Wrapping up a day that began at 5 and will end after I get downloaded and backed up. Another marathon week, with every day commencing with a dawn image and ending whenever.

You all know that you're more than welcome at HQ Thursday, schedules happen and we understand that folks can't always make it. I look forward to hanging out with the people who can join us. I should probably be getting a head count pretty soon.

I'm pleased to announce a collaborative effort at AFW 2014 with Mach Point One, the inimitable Glenn Watson. Think Glenn and
...Show more

Well, I'm planning on the usual Alliance fun

Dear Nan won't be there this year. She's taking a riverboat cruise with her Mom that week. (Paddlewheel's over jets? I mean really?!). Although I could certainly take some Memphis barbecue and blues....

Rob

Aug 12, 2014 at 06:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ELinder
• • •
p.3891 #11 · p.3891 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

If anyone is contemplating a Nikon D4, I just put one up on the Buy/Sell forum. "Friends of Jim"© get another $100 off.

Erich

Aug 12, 2014 at 08:14 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3891 #12 · p.3891 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Nick,

I think you are imagining the guy in the blue shirt, I was triggering that shot from an adjacent room via iPad/CamRanger. You can see my lights in the vases though. No one would ever see the reflections in any use those images will see.

We are still kids compared to you folks in the UK and the rest of Europe, and our architecture reflects that. Guess how much of this stuff will still be standing, much less be inhabited 500 years from now.

Aug 13, 2014 at 03:32 AM
david russell
• • •
p.3891 #13 · p.3891 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Not much in the way of airplane activity going on at KBDU the other evening, but these guys were having a heck of a time....a good reminder of why I fly rather than dive:

Aug 13, 2014 at 04:05 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3891 #14 · p.3891 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A pair of Texans/Harvards (depending on which side of the border you're on)

T-6s Then and Now by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Aug 13, 2014 at 04:15 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3891 #15 · p.3891 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Do they call the Texan2 a Harvard2 ?

Aug 13, 2014 at 05:25 AM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3891 #16 · p.3891 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Nick,

I think you are imagining the guy in the blue shirt, I was triggering that shot from an adjacent room via iPad/CamRanger. You can see my lights in the vases though. No one would ever see the reflections in any use those images will see.

We are still kids compared to you folks in the UK and the rest of Europe, and our architecture reflects that. Guess how much of this stuff will still be standing, much less be inhabited 500 years from now.

Right you are then Jim – man that JeffW sure runs a heck of a medicine cabinet. As far as the architecture thing is concerned, much of the old stuff we have is so “evolved” it often ends up looking like a mess. So a 500 year old building that's a wreck is still a wreck – and boy do they take some looking after. IMHO some of the most buitifull buildings in the world are the traditional wooden structures seen in coastal towns and villages in Norway. Right enough the mountains and fiords might have something to do with it.

BTW I see that the sports shooters are picking up on the D810. Looks like Mr Nikon might have rolled a double six.

Aug 13, 2014 at 09:56 AM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.3891 #17 · p.3891 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Going through some old images - this from a couple of years ago at the now preserved Stowe Marie Great War aerodrome.
Niall

Beagle A 61 Terrier 1

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Go4Long
• • • •
p.3891 #18 · p.3891 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Do they call the Texan2 a Harvard2 ?

While I have always thought of it as a Texan 2, the announcer repeatedly referred to it as a Harvard 2.

One of two flying examples of the de Havilland Mosquito.

When I thought an airplane couldn't sound much sexier than a P-51, this is powered by two merlin engines.

Shot this shot using ISO 31 on the D810 in mid day sun. Ended up at F/10 at 1/100th

It Bites by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.3891 #19 · p.3891 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nickjohnson wrote:
Jim, gosh that 100% crop is astonishing. Look at the texture detail on the chair backs. Oh, and who is that person in the light blue shirt – reflected in the plant / flower vase? Looking at that as a practical, real word result, I do wonder about how a medium format digital system could be much better. Dynamic range? I also look at it and marvel at the production engineering tolerances.

BTW I love the real estate pictures. The mixture of styling influences on the exteriors is a hoot - not to be snooty mind. In these parts buildings
...Show more

I'll take one of your castles off your hands anytime of the day.
Edit for a pix,,,An old used one but all I got.

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3891 #20 · p.3891 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Two days ago we woke up at 82F instead of 73F, and our favorite family-run A/C contractors duly informed me of our five-ton compressor's final journey west. Not good. We touched 89F (inside!) that afternoon... even less good.

On the plus side, these guys are awesome and were able to install and configure a new five-ton 18-SEER Trane by noon yesterday. Despite the much lighter wallet, I'm a happier camper today.

I can see why large chunks of the coastal areas in the southeast USA were much less habitable 100 years ago, though...

Aug 13, 2014 at 01:58 PM
1       2       3              3890      
       3892              4532       4533       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3890      
       3892              4532       4533       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password