Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3882      
       3884              4276       4277       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

cbrandt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3883 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I was going to rent the 200-400 for Tn, but it was like $712 for the 2 weeks I needed it - so I sent the D300s and 80-400mm ( v 1 ) off to Nikon / Melville -- clean/check/cal and marry em up together ...... 237 for body / 458 for lens /

Since my 70-200 & 600mm just came back from Nikon and work beautifully, I thought this was a better way to spend $700 and get a long term benefit.

I'll probably send the '09 D700 off for a clean/check/cal just to be done with it - It had a new sensor installed ( 1800 thank you State Farm ) in July of 2011 so a trip in may be worth it. Just posting for those Nikon users who are curious about pricing .... I'll let ya know what repairs were made for this kind of money when I get the units back ..

Got caught 2 fold ...... 1 shooting jets so high shutter speed and 2 TOP ........

Sep 12, 2013 at 05:34 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3883 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Caught these folks recently .. wasn't any sense stickin' around for wheels up as the arrangement of AC on tarmac and fuel trucks were in the way of the take-off

The subdued PC 12/45 out of Fl and the Otter DHC-6-300 out of Las Vegas

The Bell Ranger III model 206B is registered in Marshville, NC prob due to corp status

Sep 12, 2013 at 06:21 PM
futurshox
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3883 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Folks, check out http://clusterballoon.com for a solo balloon crossing of the Atlantic, happening right now!

Greetings from Austin Airport, where I await transportation to Reno :-)

Sep 12, 2013 at 06:28 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3883 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Folks, check out http://clusterballoon.com for a solo balloon crossing of the Atlantic, happening right now!

Have fun Jo make some nice one's if your able

Sep 12, 2013 at 07:20 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3883 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:

Color Me Envious...

Have Fun!

Sep 12, 2013 at 09:38 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3883 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'll do my best!
(Waves to Jay and Jeff as I bounce off Phoenix airport)

Sep 12, 2013 at 09:39 PM
Jeff W.
• • •
p.3883 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Knock 'em dead Jo. I'm looking forward to your report and images. Have a great adventure

How to make a u-turn with an Airbus on a tight ramp

NIGHT MOVES v.4

Sep 12, 2013 at 09:44 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3883 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tower at BWI had a lightning strike maybe 3 hours ago ....... 2 runways remain open .. FAA employee taken to hospital .......

Think BWI / Baltimore is like 7th busiest in states ...... wonder if there will be any ripple effect ..

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:22 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3883 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I've seen several folks mention that east-bound flights from the west were being held due to Wx in the east. Yes, I'd say there are ripples...

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Angry
• • •
p.3883 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
While Ive got you attention guys I need a few opinions.

When I get to Alliance Im tossing up about lenses.
Im bringing my 1D4 & 100/400f5.6, my 5D3 & 70/200F2.8 plus a 1.4TCIII, due to the fact that my 300f2.8 is too heavy to lug to Allen & all the way around Charlotte , LA & Vegas Im thinking about hiring a Lens,
What are the opinions on either a 300f2.8 or a 400

Al

Sorry guys I must have missed it,..been chasing my tail.
Did anyone have an opinion on this Alliance Lens question

Al

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Angry
• • •
p.3883 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Alos just a qicjk question whos flyng into DFW for the HQ reunion ??
What day
I arrive on the Wednesday ,...anyone up for sharing a car

Al

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:09 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3883 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'm arriving on the Wednesday, Al. But if everything's working again with my airplane I'll be arriving by Remos, not by the airlines. My backup plan is still United Airlines and a rental car: the United flight I booked arrives ad DFW at 13:16 on Wednesday and the car is reserved through Monday morning. But I'm sure someone else (Steve2 and Steve3, are you listening?) would be in a position to pick you up from DFW and get you to HQ, for starters.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:35 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3883 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jeff W. wrote:
Knock 'em dead Jo. I'm looking forward to your report and images. Have a great adventure

How to make a u-turn with an Airbus on a tight ramp

What Jeff said, Jo!

The Airbus U-turn is my favorite of your current series so far, Jeff!

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3883 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I'll be coming to TX at 0 AGL and plan to arrive on Wednesday as well. Time TBD though until I'm wheels up from Van Horn that morning. IIRC, last year, I arrived just at lunch time, I think.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3883 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm going to be a bit scarce for a bit, lot's happening, all more than good. I have secured rooms at the Allen Marriott Courtyard for Wed/Thurs/Mon evenings. There'll be a keyword that will get you the preferred rate. Normal rate is $149, HQ rate should be $119.

I have an annual report shoot early Wednesday morning that will probably take me to noon, then I'll head to HQ for prep. Zim, as always, your spot in the hangar will be spotless and waiting. Glenn, if you would like, I'll put 7PC on the lift and there'll be a spot for your ride as well.

Al, I answered your lens question a while back........go with the 400, you'll have close to 300 with your 70-200 and the 1.4.

Any other questions pertaining to our activities, let me know. Quite possibly, with my workload, that Friday evening will be the only air to air that will include additional photographers.

I have made arrangements for The Spirit of Alliance to be positioned in a discreet spot for some evening lighting and shooting opportunities. This will take some discretion due to the location and the small number of folks who will be included in the opportunity(and you know who you are. More as I know more.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:59 AM
stevet5808

p.3883 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The Sea Plane base at Oshkosh always provides great scenery

Cub on a Pond

Sep 13, 2013 at 01:12 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3883 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I am going to sell my Comet lights, power packs, reflectors, grids, etc. Power packs are two 2400 watt second four head packs, and two 1200 watt second two head packs. I have at least four heads that I'll sell, a couple more that I need to rebuild and snug screws. These are work horses and still have plenty of umph left. If any of our group has an interest, I'll sell them very reasonably, otherwise the go to B&S for market. Oh yeah, three or four quick release brackets for the heads to attach Chimera boxes.

Sep 13, 2013 at 01:17 AM
dehowie
• • •
p.3883 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A few of the locals at Lake Hood floatplane base!

Certainly the most unique airport i have ever visited to see Moose wandering among aircraft!

Sep 13, 2013 at 01:51 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3883 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Details.
leave Sydney 2.35pm Wednesday 747-00 non stop Sydney - Dallas
Arrive Wednesday 1.45pm DFW..

Anyone around the same time ??

Al

Sep 13, 2013 at 02:00 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3883 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

dehowie wrote:
A few of the locals at Lake Hood floatplane base!
http://www.vortexaviationphotography.com/Photography-around-the-Globe/Alaska/i-gjnwSgp/0/L/IMG_1507-L.jpg

http://www.vortexaviationphotography.com/Photography-around-the-Globe/Alaska/i-kN93RkP/2/L/IMG_4971-L.jpg

http://www.vortexaviationphotography.com/Photography-around-the-Globe/Alaska/i-DVms8qR/2/L/IMG_4895-L.jpg

Certainly the most unique airport i have ever visited to see Moose wandering among aircraft!

At least we usually only have sheep n kangaroos around here..
Cant imagine what damage a Moose strike would do...
Friends hit a kangaroo taking off from Griffith in thier 172 a few years ago..lost a damage to the fuselage n tail.

Al

Sep 13, 2013 at 02:03 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password