Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3881      
       3883              4305       4306       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3882 #1 · p.3882 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Here's someone worth reading about, on this day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rescorla
Those of you who can stomach large amounts of bad language can read the more colourful version here: http://www.badassoftheweek.com/rescorla.html

Thanks for that, Jo (Ha! Autocorrect wanted that to read, "Thanks for that, Major.).

I hadn't heard this Sept. 11 story before. Heather Penney is the daughter of John Penney, Reno air racing legend.

http://wapo.st/14JPLQq

[edit for TOPP: artifacts from a simpler time in America]

Edited on Sep 11, 2013 at 05:22 PM · View previous versions

Sep 11, 2013 at 03:12 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3882 #2 · p.3882 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

God Bless this great experiment in Freedom, and all who have made the sacrifices necessary, that it may endure...........

Sep 11, 2013 at 03:25 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3882 #3 · p.3882 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Amen, Jim.

Those of us who were on the Eastern seaboard on 9/11 well remember what a glorious fall day it was. I read yesterday about a gate agent who worked one of the hijacked flights, who cannot see a sky of "September 11th blue" without reliving the events of the day. So many of the bit players harbor terrible guilt over their inability to stop the attacks, even though they bear no responsibility. I wonder: do those higher up the chain who actually did have the information and resources to do something to thwart the terrorists possess the humanity to feel the weight of responsibility for their inaction, in their heart of hearts? I hope so.

Sep 11, 2013 at 03:39 PM
tom cardin
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3882 #4 · p.3882 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well, said.

Tom

Sep 11, 2013 at 05:17 PM
DanNehmer
• •
p.3882 #5 · p.3882 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Steve,

Thanks for the Story on Heather Penny, chilling at the very least. I remember that day well, as we all do.

I called my cousin, a Chief Master Sargent in the Air Force and asked "who did we just go to war with?" He said I don't know and had to go. My answer was "God bless you and all who serve, be safe, and call if you need anything". He did two tours in the Middle east for us, and I did uncountless tasks for his family back home to keep them safe and daily life moving forward.

AS for do "those higher up the chain who actually did have the information and resources to do something to thwart the terrorists" I suspect many are haunted by their inaction, and the rest being career politicians never got past point their fingers somewhere else.

Dan

Sep 11, 2013 at 05:20 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3882 #6 · p.3882 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Here's someone worth reading about, on this day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rescorla
Those of you who can stomach large amounts of bad language can read the more colourful version here: http://www.badassoftheweek.com/rescorla.html

Wow...

Sep 11, 2013 at 06:20 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3882 #7 · p.3882 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here's another great story: the 9/11 boat lift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDOrzF7B2Kg&feature=share

Sep 11, 2013 at 06:46 PM
johnahill
• • • •
p.3882 #8 · p.3882 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Not much airshow action for me recently but here's a Mustang all the same :-p

Sep 11, 2013 at 08:24 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3882 #9 · p.3882 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:

Well he is probably the one who invented the word, hard charger

Sep 11, 2013 at 08:55 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3882 #10 · p.3882 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Managed to squeeze out a couple more "Gallery Series" works for the website...

"Stargate"

"Quick On The Draw"

This brings the total to eight images now:
http://crosswindimages.com/p1072855154

Edited on Sep 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM · View previous versions

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Leviathor
• •
p.3882 #11 · p.3882 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Managed to squeeze out a couple more "Gallery Series" works for the website...

This brings the total to eight images now:
http://crosswindimages.com/p1072855154

That's some really great symmetry, Jay!

(The second image is a broken link?)

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3882 #12 · p.3882 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Not a lot going on ... this '93 Gulf Stream G-IV stopped for 1 passenger and around 1700 gallons of fuel and was headin' to Tx ....... like what, 36 million in it's heyday and seats 14 - 19 the specs say .......... nice ride.

We don't have parking for these bigger aircraft, so they just pull up front in the taxi way if they're in and out and everybody just stays out of it's way.

If they are staying over, Maryland Air has hanger space if it's inclement or they park them out in front of the MD State Trooper and airport Tower on the ramp.

Sep 12, 2013 at 01:34 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3882 #13 · p.3882 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well, it doesn't happen very often here in Colorado, but we're in our third day of steady rain and there's a flash flood warning out for our neck of the woods.

There's no threat to our home: we're on the side of a hill and should be fine in anything short of a Biblical flood. Just the other day it was 98 and set a record high for the date...looking at the low 50's tonight for a low.

Sep 12, 2013 at 02:07 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3882 #14 · p.3882 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

cbrandt wrote:
Not a lot going on ... this '93 Gulf Stream G-IV stopped for 1 passenger and around 1700 gallons of fuel and was headin' to Tx ....... like what, 36 million in it's heyday and seats 14 - 19 the specs say .......... nice ride.

http://skipjackphotography.smugmug.com/History/Aircraft/i-dHFQbkt/0/X2/9%20Gulf%20Stream%20G-%20IV%20NYC-X2.jpg

We don't have parking for these bigger aircraft, so they just pull up front in the taxi way if they're in and out and everybody just stays out of it's way.

If they are staying over, Maryland Air has hanger space if it's inclement or they park them out in front of the MD State Trooper and
...Show more

That's Jordache's Gulfstream. 36M is about right, they're up about 10M with a "pedestrian" finish out now. Very nice ride. Can be had for a mere 5M now, give or take.

Sep 12, 2013 at 02:59 AM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.3882 #15 · p.3882 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I sent Jim the link, but thought I would post a few from today's
Flight 93 Memorial ceremony in Union City, CA.

This last one of the guy playing taps is a favorite.
When I approach him before he started, he asked me to pick up his cane that he dropped.
He was unsteady & feared falling if he picked it up.
You can tell from his posture that his holding he horn with one hand
and clinching it against his chest.

Thanks for looking

Dan

Sep 12, 2013 at 03:13 AM
david russell
• • •
p.3882 #16 · p.3882 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Well, it doesn't happen very often here in Colorado, but we're in our third day of steady rain and there's a flash flood warning out for our neck of the woods.

There's no threat to our home: we're on the side of a hill and should be fine in anything short of a Biblical flood. Just the other day it was 98 and set a record high for the date...looking at the low 50's tonight for a low.

Four inches in the last six hours here and we are getting some light flooding in the basement. This is pretty darned amazing for this part of the country. The flood sirens on boulder creek have quite an eerie sound.

Sep 12, 2013 at 05:36 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3882 #17 · p.3882 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nothing good comes of it when the convective cells back up against the mountains from east to west, as they've been doing in this storm. Looks like Boulder finally got a little bit of a respite overnight, but there's another line backing in this a.m.: yikes!

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3882 #18 · p.3882 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Nothing good comes of it when the convective cells back up against the mountains from east to west, as they've been doing in this storm. Looks like Boulder finally got a little bit of a respite overnight, but there's another line backing in this a.m.: yikes!

Be careful out there, guys. Saw a video clip this morning from Colorado University that looked like waterfalls and rapids. Pretty astounding. I think they evacuated the university.

Mark

Sep 12, 2013 at 01:40 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3882 #19 · p.3882 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
That's Jordache's Gulfstream. 36M is about right, they're up about 10M with a "pedestrian" finish out now. Very nice ride. Can be had for a mere 5M now, give or take.

............ I carry my Ipad with me, so when I looked up the registry I recognized the name and had to smile when I saw 1400 Broadway - just a neat NY NY address .... I wish I'd been a few minutes earlier to of gotten a shot of the passenger ...

Sep 12, 2013 at 02:12 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3882 #20 · p.3882 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti wrote:
Be careful out there, guys. Saw a video clip this morning from Colorado University that looked like waterfalls and rapids. Pretty astounding. I think they evacuated the university.

Mark

Thanks, Mark. I'm going to go over to my hangar and see if there's water coming under the door: the airport (KEIK) is adjacent to a creek bottom. We're fine here at home, though the sump pump got a workout last night and I've never seen the street in front of my house running with water from gutter to gutter before. Lots of schools and businesses are closed, the first time I've heard of school closures due to rain in my 38 years here.

Sep 12, 2013 at 03:05 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password