Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3878      
       3880              4244       4245       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3879 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

PDumm wrote:
Just got a quick question. Looking at getting some new paper for my printer, an Epson 2880, and would like some input. I have been using Epson paper and would like to try Red River or Moab. Has anyone used these and if so what ones and what did you think of them.
Thanks.

Only Red River I have first-hand experience with is their polar metalic but they have an excellent all-around reputation...

Moab is another well-known name, but I haven't ever tried any of their offerings...

OBTW, re Alliance (if anyone cares) I'm opting to NOT do the photo pit this year but I am doing the sunrise walkaround on both days. Love the convenient parking...

TOPP

Edited on Sep 09, 2013 at 10:56 PM · View previous versions

Sep 09, 2013 at 10:46 PM
dehowie
• • •
p.3879 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Greetings everyone.
My wife Carla and I just returned from an amazing adventure across one of the worlds great places..the USA.
We cover just over 5800 miles by car from Seattle to New York after starting in Alaska some 6 weeks before.
We met some great people along the way and truly must say Americans really are some of the friendliest people in the world without exception.
After 8 days in and around Anchorage we flew to Seattle and then drove the following route.
Seattle-Everett field(Boeing)-Mt Rainer-Oregon Coast-Redwood forest-San Francisco-LA(coast road)-Vegas-Death Valley(where it was 131F!)-Vegas-Grand Canyon South Rim-Tucson(Pima and boneyard)-white sands-Alamagordo-Roswell-Amarillo-Oklahoma city-Springfield( all via old Rte66)-St Louis-Indianapolis-Dayton(USAF museum)-Gettysburg-Washingon DC-New York.
Amazing drive had some incredible experiences and again met some wonderful people along the way.
A few with more to follow..

Cheers and hope everyone is well..

Sep 09, 2013 at 10:51 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3879 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Wow, what a fabulous adventure!!!

Sep 09, 2013 at 10:57 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3879 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Spectacular series, Darren: please post more!

Those of us who live here in the USA can always benefit from a fresh pair of eyes when it comes to appreciating the beauty of our own landscapes...

Sep 09, 2013 at 10:59 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3879 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
OBTW, re Alliance (if anyone cares) I'm opting to NOT do the photo pit this year but I am doing the sunrise walkaround on both days. Love the convenient parking...

Ha! I made the opposite choice: photo pit but no sunrise photo tours (I need my beauty sleep).

Sep 09, 2013 at 11:01 PM
dehowie
• • •
p.3879 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A few aviation image..

Having used the 200-400/560 now for 2 months it has become my goto lens for aviation stuff.
The flexibility combined with brilliant IQ has changed the way i shoot and what i can get.
Prime quality zoom flexibility i love it.

Sep 09, 2013 at 11:02 PM
dehowie
• • •
p.3879 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I hope this doesnt sound to lame but i really learnt a lot about the US and its people on the trip.
Loved the old route 66 area it has a great story to tell a lot of it sad.
We come away with a new sense of knowing and respect for an amazing country and people and a big thanks to it for such an amazing trip.
Loved Gettysburg and your beautiful memorials and museums.
I truly loved your sense of pride and history our country could learn so much from you.

Sep 09, 2013 at 11:09 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3879 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Beautiful photos Darren !!

Thank you for sharing them !

Sep 09, 2013 at 11:50 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3879 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Have some sad news on the Antique Aviation front ..

A T-50 went down last Labor Day .. only found this past Sunday 6 days later .. when the couple missed a meeting with a friend ...

Though officials haven't identified officially the pilot and his wife, the missing person report / missing aircraft was on Thomas and Elaine Huf ...... They were found deceased with their aircraft.

N41759

http://wnep.com/2013/09/08/2-dead-in-susquhanna-county-plane-crash/

I posted this T-50 after the Horne Point antique airplane fly in this year - It was raining cats and dogs yet this gentleman gave me a ton of photos on a grass airfield / runway that was getting increasingly soft - and then came around again to give me one of those once in a lifetime photos for a hobbyist like myself.

Thank you .. RIP Tom and Elaine Huf

I believe I also mentioned that he stripped down to red and white boxers and knee high socks and dress shoes and posed for many photos with his plane as a business traveler and such horse play for a Antique Plane Calendar one of the pilots wives was publishing .... Will sales go thru the roof or will they pull his photos .. I don't know .........

Edited on Sep 10, 2013 at 12:10 AM · View previous versions

Sep 09, 2013 at 11:59 PM
dehowie
• • •
p.3879 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks!
If anyone is staying in Anchorage which has steep hotel prices we stayed at a brilliant place.
Called Lake Hood Inn it was right on the lake.
Beautiful views and a great location and cheaper than most hotels.
The guy who owns it has a 185 floatplane and loves aviation.
Its right behind in his shot.

Really the best accom we had on our trip and if your up that way its just great and personifies the amazing Anchorage aviation feel.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3879 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Darren, how were you able to get the overhead vantage point for the 787 shots? Is that LAX? Love them all...

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:15 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3879 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

cbrandt wrote:
Have some sad news on the Antique Aviation front ..

A T-50 went down last Labor Day .. only found this past Sunday 6 days later .. when the couple missed a meeting with a friend ...

Though officials haven't identified officially the pilot and his wife, the missing person report / missing aircraft was on Thomas and Elaine Huf ...... They were found deceased with their aircraft.

N41759

http://wnep.com/2013/09/08/2-dead-in-susquhanna-county-plane-crash/

I posted this T-50 after the Horne Point antique airplane fly in this year - It was raining cats and dogs yet this gentleman gave me a ton of photos on a grass airfield
...Show more

That's really sad; I know that airplane from having seen it at the Blakesburg fly-in in past years. I imagine they were on their way home from Blakesburg when they crashed.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3879 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Darren,

Wow! What a trip!! Glad we treated you as you deserve, this is a pretty wonderful place. Outstanding imagery! I can only imagine the files you'll be mining for some time to come. Thanks for sharing.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:52 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3879 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Dear Curtis,

Condolences to all who have been touched by that accident. There is a dark side to our passion.

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:53 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3879 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Paul,

Email me and I'll send you the contact info for my buddy who owns Red River. Very nice guy and he'll give you honest info on his products.

JW

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:57 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3879 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Today was another chapter in my "So You Want To Be A Pro", book. Last night I did my usual toss and turn routine trying to think of anything and everything that could go south during today's challenging annual report shoot. At 4am I finally just got up, hopped in the shower and headed downtown to get a head start on the day's project. The first set up was a board of directors shot, in a courtyard with a sculpture and office towers in the background. That image was scheduled to be captured promptly at 8. I was on site at six. Soon after my arrival I discovered, from security, that nothing had been cleared through them, no liability insurances filed, nuthin'. So, a quick call to the client confirmed that they hadn't paved the way. I told them that it looked very unlikely that we were going to be able to pull off the 8 am shoot at that location. I packed up and headed to the Dallas CBD to find somewhere that might work. No luck, the city is under construction, The Nasher Sculpture Center had a "placement" going on so it was a mess, our new huge park that spans the Woodall Rogers Fwy had cones, backhoes, and junk everywhere. Just when I though this couldn't get worse, I was joined by a caravan of BMW's and Mercedes, carrying the board, all hoping to follow me to some idyllic photo location. Don't know why I toss and turn because in all my imaginings, I could never have anticipated that by 7 am my day would have gone this far down the tubes. I knew what was coming next, a half dozen opinions on great locations we should go look at, none of which had any elements, including the light, that would allow us to put this first chapter behind us successfully. The wind was picking up, temps were heading to the forecasted century mark and anything outside was becoming a pipe dream. Finally, surrounded by my subjects, I gained control of my "scene" and suggested that we either forget it and plan something new for a different date, or we return to their board room, where I would begin some lighting magic and make these lemon's into to some form of palatable lemonade. We did, I did, and the rest is history, and, I left a hero,......... go figure.

So, my personal lesson for the day is, "Don't lose sleep about things that might pose a challenge in the coming day's assignment, because in all likelihood it will go much further south than you could ever imagine, so just get a good night's sleep and roll with it!"

Tomorrow at 6 am, it all begins again, happily.

Sep 10, 2013 at 01:41 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3879 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Heres a couple of Rig Shots I took last night...
the Camaro is now registered and getting into action....
Just lovin some US Muscle car crusiin..

Al

Sep 10, 2013 at 01:47 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3879 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hey Y'all, just to confirm,, Friday's B25 mission looks like this:

1.) Lynn
2.) Steve Zimmermann
3.) Glenn Watson
4. ) Jay Beckman
5.) Al
6.) Erich Linder

I think I may well be too busy to pull off a Saturday mission, but it's too early to tell, so don't count it out. Please refresh my memory if I have missed anyone.

Sep 10, 2013 at 01:52 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3879 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

While Ive got you attention guys I need a few opinions.

When I get to Alliance Im tossing up about lenses.
Im bringing my 1D4 & 100/400f5.6, my 5D3 & 70/200F2.8 plus a 1.4TCIII, due to the fact that my 300f2.8 is too heavy to lug to Allen & all the way around Charlotte , LA & Vegas Im thinking about hiring a Lens,
What are the opinions on either a 300f2.8 or a 400

Al

Sep 10, 2013 at 01:53 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3879 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Very cool Al! Give us the technical details surrounding those images................

Sep 10, 2013 at 01:53 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password