Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3877      
       3879              4302       4303       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3878 #1 · p.3878 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

BTW, field report on the Hero3, it's great, but low light performance is still garbage.

Sep 08, 2013 at 05:26 AM
gerov
• • • • •
p.3878 #2 · p.3878 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Life can bring you very nice surprises when you least expect them. I went outside to move the sprinkler and heard the distinctive sound of a radial engine. Didn't have enough time to get a camera, but I did get to see a B-17 fly over my house. What a treat

We also had some MD State Police Training going on, and I did have time to get the camera for this.

Canon EOS-1D Mark III    EF500mm f/4L IS USM lens    500mm    f/13.0    1/100s    50 ISO    +0.7 EV  

Sep 08, 2013 at 04:46 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3878 #3 · p.3878 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You should go knock on their door Gero and volunteer your services for a ride along.

Sep 08, 2013 at 08:54 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3878 #4 · p.3878 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That Citation belongs to Reba.

Sep 08, 2013 at 08:55 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3878 #5 · p.3878 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

What do you think a father/son pair of these would look like in the vicinity of HQ? Great range, fast, good looking and I wouldn't have to ask JR to borrow the Gulfstream

Sep 08, 2013 at 09:01 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3878 #6 · p.3878 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
What do you think a father/son pair of these would look like in the vicinity of HQ? Great range, fast, good looking and I wouldn't have to ask JR to borrow the Gulfstream

What, no winglets? I thought they were de rigueur in these modern times...

Sep 08, 2013 at 09:38 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3878 #7 · p.3878 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

"But of course......................"

Sep 08, 2013 at 09:52 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3878 #8 · p.3878 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

604 mph and a 3200 nm range. Two for the price of one G650. Problem is Ya can't get a G650 for about two years. I'm beginning to see the trials and tribulations of the much maligned 1%

Sep 08, 2013 at 09:53 PM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3878 #9 · p.3878 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well, as I start to size up my October it's looking more and more likely that I will be able to make Alliance...the wife has given quazi approval (I mentioned it and she didn't say no), one of my early birthday presents was my car rental for while I'm there, I've got accommodations sorted...yup...it's looking like a Fort Worth kind of October.

Sep 09, 2013 at 12:56 AM
cbrandt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3878 #10 · p.3878 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's pretty cool Go4Long ....... I know those going are going to have a great time!

I had thought about it for a while .. but in the end I pulled the trigger on 9 days at Cades Cove, Tn over Thanksgiving into December shooting White-tail deer. I do hope we get some snow !!!

Speaking of Thanksgiving ...... it's the 28th this year ....... really late .. and as always the 29th is My Day -- so there will probably be no turkey or cake, just old and new shootin' buddies and some luke warm soup over a propane heater at a picnic area, part of The Great Smoky Mountain National Park

Sep 09, 2013 at 01:25 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

DanNehmer
• •
p.3878 #11 · p.3878 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well, after 2 yrs and 7 trips to Japan I finally had time to see something other than boardrooms, restaurants, train stations, and airports. Spent Saturday 2 wks ago in Hiroshima, and Sunday in Kyoto. Rainy, gloomy weather both days, tough light for pictures, and a great time to take in some of Japan and it's history.

I found Hiroshima to be very moving. I don't' think it matters what your views on the events of 1945 are, the museum is very graphic and truly does a great job of sharing all who visit what the horrors of war can be. Sobering and challenging all who visit, is there a better way than armed conflict?

Sharing a few pictures from the Atomic Dome, one of the few buildings left standing after the bomb. And also a picture of the Golden Palace in Kyoto. Kyoto was the capitol city of Japan for over 1000 years and there are many temples, shrines, and market areas. Actually the rain may have dampen the picture taking for the good, easier to just enjoy the sights and the culture.

Enjoy,
Dan

Atomic Dome

Atomic Dome from the River

Childrens Peace Memorial

Golden Palace, Kyoto

Sep 09, 2013 at 03:29 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3878 #12 · p.3878 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Very cool Dan!

Sep 09, 2013 at 03:36 AM
Go4Long
• • •
p.3878 #13 · p.3878 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

too quiet in here...here's a shot from my visit to my mom's house on vancouver island earlier this year. Their house is about 200 feet from where this was taken.

Sooke Harbor by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

Sep 09, 2013 at 02:00 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3878 #14 · p.3878 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

cbrandt wrote:
That's pretty cool Go4Long ....... I know those going are going to have a great time!

I had thought about it for a while .. but in the end I pulled the trigger on 9 days at Cades Cove, Tn over Thanksgiving into December shooting White-tail deer. I do hope we get some snow !!!

Speaking of Thanksgiving ...... it's the 28th this year ....... really late .. and as always the 29th is My Day -- so there will probably be no turkey or cake, just old and new shootin' buddies and some luke warm soup over a propane heater at
...Show more

Cade's Cove is one of those 'last best places'. Enjoy your time there.

Sep 09, 2013 at 02:01 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3878 #15 · p.3878 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Visited Cade's Cove on one of those dreaded 'family vacations' back in the 1970s but to this day, I can still clearly recall looking around the "cove" and taking it all in as the guide said "many residents were born, lived and died here without ever seeing what was on the other side of those hills."

It's still a moment that for some reason, gives me chills when I think about it.

Sep 09, 2013 at 07:17 PM
skyhawkpilot
• • •
p.3878 #16 · p.3878 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

david russell wrote:
I'm a bit late getting this out, but in the realm of better late than never, I'd like to extend an invitation to the A2A folks to do some G2T (ground to tree) shooting.

I plan to spend a couple of weeks in and around Crested Butte Colorado shooting fall colors during late September and would like to invite any of you who have an interest to join in.

We have a spare room and a pull out couch in our mountain home that we would like to share. PM me if you are interested.

Snipped the pics

That is a really awesome view. I suppose I need to add Colorado to my long list of places I need to visit...

Sep 09, 2013 at 08:27 PM
skyhawkpilot
• • •
p.3878 #17 · p.3878 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Also...Jim...this short description...I have not been flying for a really long time. This sounds amazing. I need to go Cubbin' soon. The addiction needs to be fed.

JWilsonphoto wrote:
So, this morning I headed to the hangar and put the Super Legend through it's paces for 2.5 hours. I love 877PC and it will always be part of the family, but there's a lot to like about my Buddy Darin's new creation. My first goal was to work the pattern until I could squeak those big Tundra tires on with barely a chirp. That took about 20 minutes. Then I began exploring the flaps, simply amazing. With just one notch one can slide down final at a stable 45 knots, play the nose on the horizon and be down
...Show more

Sep 09, 2013 at 08:29 PM
nickjohnson
• • •
p.3878 #18 · p.3878 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

. and in other news Stevo just eased Voodoo around the Reno poles at over 490 mph. Boy, that young man sure is some stick.

Sep 09, 2013 at 09:15 PM
FlyingPhotog
• • • •
p.3878 #19 · p.3878 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Alliance travel all booked! Lots of 0 AGL travel per usual but no doubt it will be worth it!

Sep 09, 2013 at 10:33 PM
PDumm
• •
p.3878 #20 · p.3878 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just got a quick question. Looking at getting some new paper for my printer, an Epson 2880, and would like some input. I have been using Epson paper and would like to try Red River or Moab. Has anyone used these and if so what ones and what did you think of them.
Thanks.

Sep 09, 2013 at 10:38 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password