Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3873      
       3875              4242       4243       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

misster
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3874 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Better throw a little color in here.................

Some more color :-)

Sep 04, 2013 at 10:32 AM
futurshox
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3874 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Lady Jo, I just ran across this absolutely wonderful image that you captured in 2011. Could you find it in your heart to send me a full res version? I think it belongs on the wall at HQ in a place of honor.

I certainly can, Jim.

Sep 04, 2013 at 11:16 AM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3874 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Awesome photos .. that ribbon cuttin' head on ....... really nice !!

So I found a minute video taken on board the skipjack City of Crisfield on Monday .. and she has the same glare dead center that I do .. so it's possible inherent to the GOPRO 2 eh ....... ?? but I still haven't checked it out without the enclosure though to rule that out ....

and on accessories ....... I bought this blue handle attachement called a GRENADE HANDLE .. don't waste your money .. the camera easily falls forward or backward when attached to this handle depending on which direction you move it because it where it attaches to the camera enclosure, it is smooth plastic against smooth plastic .. nothing to lock in a position when attached .. SO YOU don't waste your money .....

http://www.delawarebeaches.com/videonetwork39940/2647128322001/A-view-of-the-Skipjack-Races-from-aboard-skipjack-City-of-Crisfield

Sep 04, 2013 at 04:01 PM
nrferguson
• • •
p.3874 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ernie Aubert wrote:
My brother was stationed at Fort Bliss for a while when he was in the Army; he said he spent a week in the Juarez jail one night...

He owned a time machine, or it just seemed like a week?
Niall

Sep 04, 2013 at 04:47 PM
tom cardin
• • •
p.3874 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Boy, Jim, I think you had better take something for those "Vapors" . Just outstanding..
My love, just called
, to tell me that her Knee has ben replaced and she is a bit "dopy". I think, she will be home on Friday. Whew

Tom

Sep 04, 2013 at 05:11 PM
tom cardin
• • •
p.3874 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great image of The Superstitions. You can almost see the Lost Dutchman, from here. I have been the thidMan to have been up there, in places, you can drive to, now

Tom

Sep 04, 2013 at 06:34 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3874 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Jo!

This is my week for false starts. I had an 8am shoot, got there and the building wasn't anywhere near ready to shoot. Second such scenario since Monday. Decided that instead of getting all twisted up about it, I'd just go fly the Cub. Took it over to Legend for it's annual and a good factory going over. My friends at Legend are wonderful, they put me in the new Super Legend prototype and I headed back to HQ. The Super is quite an airplane, flies much different than my Legend. It's basically a light Sport Super Cub. The ground roll on mine is petty short, the SL is a helicopter. When you advance the throttle, you had better have all your ducks in a row, because you are in the air. Flaps are fun, but I really like how the Legends handle without them, they get very light on their feet, even with a notch. Three notches allows you to land at speeds that give you absolutely no rudder authority whatsoever, dicey in a taildrager especially. One notch gives you a ground roll of about 25' on departure, which would get you in and out of some pretty short strips.

The factory SL is equipped with a Garmin 696 and a digital engine monitoring system, ground adjustable composite prop, float fittings, and tundra tires. The cocpit is trimmed with carbon fiber, stick push pull tubes are all faired in with carbon fiber, very nice. Legend is working on what will be a beautiful amphibian float design, carbon fiber I believe. The airplane should be certificated in the next couple of weeks, which means that they are probably going to want it back We're going to have them build us at least one, probably two.

Edited on Sep 04, 2013 at 10:25 PM · View previous versions

Sep 04, 2013 at 09:19 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3874 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Thanks Jo!

This is my week for false starts. I had an 8am shoot, got there and the building wasn't anywhere near ready to shoot. Second such scenario since Monday. Decided that instead of getting all twisted up about it, I'd just go fly the Cub. Took it over to Legend for it's annual and a good factory going over. My friends at Legend are wonderful, they put me in the new Super Legend prototype and I headed back to HQ. The Super is quite an airplane, flies much different than my Legend. It's basically a light Sport Super Cub. The
...Show more

…and besides all that, it is a great looking aircraft!

Sep 04, 2013 at 09:40 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3874 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I want me some of that 'carbob' fiber in my cockpit. Sounds right homey, sort of halfway between carbon and carob.

What engine, Jim? O-360?

Sep 04, 2013 at 09:43 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3874 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The engine is a Lyc 115 horse. You wouldn't think 15 hp would make that much difference, but it do. The "carbob" fiber is a proprietary design.........

Sep 04, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3874 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hope everyone sees this as an "if it's useful to you" heads up rather than advertising, but anyway. FYI, just posted an LNIB D7100 and 18-200 VR2 in the Buy & Sell forum. Only 1075 clicks and the condition to match.

I'll also have a full Nikon 1 kit (V1) for sale as soon as I can get pics of it. I'm happy with the images from the Nikon 1, and even more so from the D7100. It's just that they end up getting very little use in my hands... 1075 clicks in 5 months is absurd. I keep trying to use smaller kit so I'll have it with me more often, but then I just keep picking up the D800 when I leave the house... ugh.

Someday I'll settle this argument with myself.

Edited on Sep 04, 2013 at 11:05 PM · View previous versions

Sep 04, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3874 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

P.S. "Carbob" makes me think of "Car Bob", as in "Bob the old car guy who moved on to tinkering with airplanes now but kept his old nickname."

Sep 04, 2013 at 11:03 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3874 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

it's always a nice thing to give our group first dibbs on whatever is going on the market, nicely done Rodolfo. I don't hold out much hope on you settling that argument with yourself, until there's something small that shoots like the D800. Well, really, how far off can that be?

Sep 04, 2013 at 11:06 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3874 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Interesting tidbit. My Buddy who owns Legend Aircraft is in China this week training staff there. They will be building Legend Cubs for the market in China only and they expect to sell the heck out of them. China owns Lyc/Cont, they own Superior Air Parts, and they can build the exact same aircraft marketed here, for about half the price. They expect to sell a lot of the Super Legends to work in remote areas of the country, the first one delivered will be in an air ambulance configuration..............I guess it beats being drug out behind a Yak (the four legged kind).

Sep 04, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3874 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I don't hold out much hope on you settling that argument with yourself, until there's something small that shoots like the D800. Well, really, how far off can that be?

I think it's inevitable, really. I very quickly noted that my little Nikon 1 kit outshone my 2007-era D200 in dynamic range, ISO latitude, AF performance, and a few other parameters, never mind being much smaller and lighter. Six years doth a whole lotta difference make!

But yes, I'm aware that when a Nikon 1 or Nikon 4 shoots like my 2011-era D800, likely in 2017, I may end up comparing it to what's then available in DSLR's and choosing the big camera again. Who knows...

Sep 04, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3874 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

By the way, is everyone aware of the new Adobe program to entice photographers into switching to the CC software? The way I understand it, you can get LR, PS, and BH for a $10/month payment, forever (this is not an introductory price), so long as you have PS CS3 or newer, you sign up before 12/17, and you don't let your membership lapse thereafter.

LR and PS for $10/month seems like a very good deal to me...

Sep 04, 2013 at 11:17 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3874 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That is a heck of a deal. I have purchased the whole suite for the past decade, but I've never even opened anything but PS, LR, and Bridge, kind of a waste. Better jump on that 10 buck deal.

Sep 04, 2013 at 11:22 PM
cbrandt
• • •
p.3874 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

CC LR PS for 9.99 ..........

Sure a lot of discussion about this on different forums as to why .... CC evidently not taking off making money for them ....... they say this isn't an intro offer but it's time stamped ...... that says INTRO to me ---

You have to have CS 3 in order to take advantage of it ........

They said they.d never tie LR to something like this ........ but here you have it and will they someday stop sellin' it individually .......

A lot of new programs updated like Corel .. coming out now to compete with PS and pricing may be what makes a lot of folks switch .....

A lot of folks think if they are going to do it .. DO IT .. let everybody who wants in .. no requirements ...... sign up without stipulations - they are leaving a lot of folks / money on the table behind

hmmmmmm .. 120 a year ( for now ) .. year after year .. they'll make some money on this ...... sounds like a gimmick to me though .. something like the
phones .. where those with 3 g or 4 g who are Super Users get throttled back during peak times and the phone company says .. it's in their fine print ........ We will provide you the super highway .. but we didn't say we couldn't change the speed limits from time to time .......... I don't know if it has relevance but I'm just saying the legalize to this stuff we don't read could someday bite cha

Sep 05, 2013 at 01:07 AM
astrobrian
• • •
p.3874 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

There is something to be said for a hard copy and not being chained to another monthly bill in order to edit shots. That is the biggest reasons I haven't updated to the cloud.

Sep 05, 2013 at 01:25 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3874 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

They eventually force your hand by not supporting the raw files produced by the next generation cameras. Sooner or later we'll all have to be cloud based if we continue to update our gear.

Sep 05, 2013 at 01:33 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password