Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3861      
       3863              4133       4134       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3862 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good luck Mark, a IV will amaze you.

Edited on Aug 28, 2013 at 02:15 AM · View previous versions

Aug 28, 2013 at 02:10 AM
cbrandt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3862 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you Jim, Lynn ....... yeah after I looked at it on the computer screen I was kind of tickled with the shot -- I'm sure the floor is immaculate, and I think there was something said about the ceiling too ..... back to google ......

"Standing beneath a bright white ceiling canopy and atop a shiny, unblemished floor is a gleaming, vintage Spitfire alongside half a dozen meticulously restored antique war birds."

http://www.marylandlife.com/explore-maryland/eastern-shore/easton%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cspitfire%E2%80%9D-hangar/

looking at the photo on the link above, only one wheel appears to be on a castoring pad, while the others are on " simple pads ".

Aug 28, 2013 at 02:14 AM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.3862 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I just took twelve 2TB drives out of circulation for a capacity upgrade. Two of our fellow MATA members split up the drives between them. And from the "there is a God, and he loves me" department, I'm thrilled to report that one drive died... dead... kachunk... immediately after I took all my data off, but before Laura could put any of hers on.

Despite my use of RAID-6, I'm deeply grateful that the drive died when it did. No one lost any data, and Laura didn't get billed for a bum drive. Thank you, Father.

Aug 28, 2013 at 02:38 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3862 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Razor17 wrote:
Mark, give www.keh.com a look to see what they have. They are out of Atlanta, GA...

Lynn

Thanks Lynn. I forgot about them. I'll check it out some other time - right now they are so slow it feels like I'm on dial-up.

Thanks Jim, I think this is going to be fun......

Mark

Aug 28, 2013 at 02:42 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • •
p.3862 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Could this be the "Space Race" all over again?

http://www.wimp.com/parkingmars/

Aug 28, 2013 at 02:56 AM
Colin Giersberg
• • •
p.3862 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Water bomber action.

www.wimp.com/waterbomber

Aug 28, 2013 at 03:14 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.3862 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Colin, having parked at JSC many times, yeah, that happens all the time! All the Gov't employees get preferential parking!

Aug 28, 2013 at 03:18 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3862 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

When I called them to pull the plug, they routed me through three people (all in India), and they just kept begging me not to drop the "service". The last person asked me if I would stay with them if the dropped my monthly fee to 20 bucks. Let's see, that really ticked me off because I've been paying $75 for a couple of years! When I said that the "service" wasn't worth 20 bucks, they asked if I had any family or friends that I could refer them to for new service...................What?!!?

Hahaha,......sadly its rather typical these days.Jim.......
When someone actuallt delivers good service , which should be the norm.....it seems like you've hit the jackpot...

Al

Aug 28, 2013 at 03:41 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3862 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti wrote:
Thanks Lynn. I forgot about them. I'll check it out some other time - right now they are so slow it feels like I'm on dial-up.

Thanks Jim, I think this is going to be fun......

Mark

I still got my 7D, but bought a 1Dmk4 on Jims & Jays recommendation.... now ive got 2...both per -loved,....$2700 & $2500 AUD ....What a great camera...
However at night under (poor) lights shooting the local Aussie Rules footy I need max ISO the 5D3 purchase pays off....very good high ISO preformance, pretty good AF too.

Al

Aug 28, 2013 at 03:48 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3862 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Howdy ya'll:
This nice lady was kind enough to loan me her Super Decathlon for a month so I could fly an aerobatic contest coming up this labor day weekend in Llano. The least I could do was give her some sweet a2a pics right?

Glenn

Aug 28, 2013 at 04:24 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

msalvetti
• • • •
p.3862 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
I still got my 7D, but bought a 1Dmk4 on Jims & Jays recommendation.... now ive got 2...both per -loved,....$2700 & $2500 AUD ....What a great camera...
However at night under (poor) lights shooting the local Aussie Rules footy I need max ISO the 5D3 purchase pays off....very good high ISO preformance, pretty good AF too.

Al

Thanks Al. I was thinking about how you went to the MkIV from the 7D. I'll probably keep mine too, I like the idea of two bodies, although not sure how often I'll realistically use the 7D. Which has me thinking of selling it.

Not earning any money with my gear makes this obsession hard to justify.

Mark

Aug 28, 2013 at 04:25 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3862 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

It also happened my buddy bought a Citabria last week as well, so why not include that too??

Glenn

Aug 28, 2013 at 04:26 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3862 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn

Aug 28, 2013 at 04:26 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3862 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

My good buddy Andrew Wright..

Glenn

Aug 28, 2013 at 04:27 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3862 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn

Aug 28, 2013 at 04:28 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3862 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn

Aug 28, 2013 at 04:29 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.3862 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

A little over the top action....picked up a gopro v3 - that thing rocks!

Glenn

Aug 28, 2013 at 04:35 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.3862 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Errr, Glenn, I think the ground is in the wrong place on that last one.

Great self-portrait. And love the way you use the fading light in those A2A shots.

Mark

Aug 28, 2013 at 04:50 AM
Angry
• • •
p.3862 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

msalvetti wrote:
Thanks Al. I was thinking about how you went to the MkIV from the 7D. I'll probably keep mine too, I like the idea of two bodies, although not sure how often I'll realistically use the 7D. Which has me thinking of selling it.

Not earning any money with my gear makes this obsession hard to justify.

Mark

Obsession is a harsh is a harsh term ,.....I just havent been diagnosed ,....yet....
I was going to sell my 7D but as its only worth about $800 no-one here is keen, they spend $1100 and get a new one....I used it a few months ago , bright sunny day with Long length required at Footy.....that crop factor adds the little extra
Love the 1D4 though......a little different to operate,..n sadly it doesnt have a Q button ...only thing I dont like about it....AF is repeatably awsome....exposure is great,....High ISO is way better than the 7D..

@ Glenn, awsome images,...just love the last light shot....

Al

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3862 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice work Glenn! Good luck in your competition! Guess you are a bonafide tailwheel pilot!! Now we just need to get you behind a big round engine and your addiction will be in full swing!

Aug 28, 2013 at 04:23 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password