Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3856      
       3858              4309       4310       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Colin Giersberg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3857 #1 · p.3857 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Here is a link to a guy who is building a Boeing 777-300ER in 1/60th scale out of manila folders. What I have seen on the first page is quite good. There are also videos of working doors, landing gear and thrust reversers, however I have yet to watch them.

www.diecastaircraftforum.com/custom-made-models/115203-manila-folder-777-300er-build-log-kinda.html

Aug 24, 2013 at 01:02 AM
Razor17
• •
p.3857 #2 · p.3857 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Yeah, but someone has to go first!

The guy in front and not the one behind you...

Aug 24, 2013 at 02:14 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3857 #3 · p.3857 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Way to go Lady Jo! You are in good company, as is Jay!

Aug 24, 2013 at 03:05 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3857 #4 · p.3857 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Just sent this dawn image off to the CEO of one of my new clients. I think this relationship is in the process of being cemented. I hadn't planned on getting up that early, and they told me no one could meet me on site until 8. Lo and behold that still small photography voice woke me around 4 am and said, "how 'bout we go take a look...?" I learned long ago, no matter how good the pillow feels, ya don't ignore that voice .................... (and I know what you are thinking, but they don't want the handicapped signs retouched

But if they ever do.................

Aug 24, 2013 at 03:09 AM
Leo Hursh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3857 #5 · p.3857 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Way to go Jay, Jim and Jo!

Aug 24, 2013 at 04:06 AM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3857 #6 · p.3857 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Following in Lady Jo's footsteps, I just acquired a Micro Four Thirds system body and some lenses. What pushed me into the purchase is an upcoming trip where I'm going to be using public transport a lot and don't want to haul the full-frame DSLR's around for weeks at a time on planes, trains and automobiles (and buses, and trams...). And I'm tired of 'enthusiast' P&S cameras that just don't have the responsiveness and feature set you'd want.

So I picked up an Olympus E-P5 kit with the VF-4 electronic viewfinder and 17mm f/1.8 prime (that's 34mm equivalent, for those of us who don't speak MFT). My primary walking-around lens will be the Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 X OIS (the crop factor for MFT is 2.0, so it's a fast, 24-70mm equivalent).

It's a pretty nice piece of kit: solidly built and the controls are well laid out and feel good under the hand, but not bulky and heavy like DSLR's are. AF is fast and sure; shutter lag is nonexistent, just like a DSLR; 9 fps continuous burst mode for when you need it; built-in intervalometer and WiFi and some other cool if marginally useful features. The IQ won't make anyone drop their D800 in the trash, but it's plenty good; and the 5-axis image stabilization built into the camera body is nothing short of spectacular (X- and Y-translation, plus roll, pitch and yaw). The articulated LCD on the back of the camera is also a touch screen; the electronic viewfinder is removable when you want to go minimalist, but is by far the best EVF I've ever seen.

Once I get used to the smaller form factor and Olympus' menu system, I think I'm going to like it a lot. Here's a grab shot off the back deck this evening, handheld, with the 12-35 at 12mm.

E-P5    LUMIX G VARIO 12-35/F2.8 lens    12mm    f/6.3    1/80s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Aug 24, 2013 at 04:09 AM
Leo Hursh
• • •
p.3857 #7 · p.3857 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

You guys should all throw away your gear and just buy iPhones or your favorite Android flavored phone.

Friday Night Lights

Aug 24, 2013 at 04:17 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3857 #8 · p.3857 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Cool reflection shots Jim.
Watch the video nice air to air work...

Nice Video To Wake Up To

Aug 24, 2013 at 07:27 AM
nrferguson
• • •
p.3857 #9 · p.3857 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Slowly working my through my shots from Flying Legends as it's ten tenths low cloud with drizzle here today so, if the weather improves as forecast (although not a major improvement) I am not going to Dunsfold Wings and Wheels until tomorrow!
Niall

Hawker Nimrod II fighter at Flying Legends 2013

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM
futurshox
• • • •
p.3857 #10 · p.3857 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks guys :-)

Congrats on the new camera Steve. I had to go look it up since it's new to me, but it looks very nice. I agree with you on the 5-axis IS and the viewfinder, assuming they are the same as on my EM5 then are indeed rock solid. Built in wifi is not too shabby either!
Now, can you divert that rainstorm our way please? Texas could use some of that...

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeff W.
• • •
p.3857 #11 · p.3857 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Congrats Jo and Jay on your recent recognitions - well done.

FLYING THE COLORS - VMA-211 Avengers color bird at KIWA.

Aug 24, 2013 at 03:10 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3857 #12 · p.3857 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

futurshox wrote:
Thanks guys :-)

Congrats on the new camera Steve. I had to go look it up since it's new to me, but it looks very nice. I agree with you on the 5-axis IS and the viewfinder, assuming they are the same as on my EM5 then are indeed rock solid. Built in wifi is not too shabby either!
Now, can you divert that rainstorm our way please? Texas could use some of that...

Thanks, Jo. The E-P5 has the same sensor as your OM-D, but the detachable EVF is actually a bit better. Many people prefer the E-P5's control layout, but the OM-D has weather sealing and the possibility of adding a battery grip, where the E-P5 doesn't. You pays your money, and you takes your choice...

...as for the rain: we need all of it we can get...

Aug 24, 2013 at 04:37 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3857 #13 · p.3857 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Zim,

I look forward to seeing what art you create with your new gear. I put the D800 through the traps this morning in an R44. Love that camera more every time I fire it up. I'm so ready for the D4X! For the first time in a great many years I recommended that a client buy a Nikon over a Canon. A long time client asked me what I thought his choice should be between a 60D and a D600. I spent a few hours reading reviews on both cameras and ended up telling him that I thought the D600 was head and shoulders above the Canon product. He's headed to Africa for a couple of weeks of shooting. I sent him down to Competitive and enlisted the Nikon rep to meet him for an in depth hands on experience.

Aug 24, 2013 at 04:55 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • •
p.3857 #14 · p.3857 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Jan Arie! I have been commissioned to shoot that particular building four times over the years. The first shoot was for the architect when it was newly minted. Still a nice commercial property on a beautifully landscaped site.

Aug 24, 2013 at 05:00 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3857 #15 · p.3857 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Aug 24, 2013 at 05:45 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.3857 #16 · p.3857 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nice one Mark looks like he bounced a little?

Aug 24, 2013 at 06:29 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3857 #17 · p.3857 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nope,

the right hand inner main gear touched front wheels 1st and then started to flatten out before the other gears touched.

Aug 24, 2013 at 06:59 PM
MMcGrath
• • • •
p.3857 #18 · p.3857 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
Following in Lady Jo's footsteps, I just acquired a Micro Four Thirds system body and some lenses. What pushed me into the purchase is an upcoming trip where I'm going to be using public transport a lot and don't want to haul the full-frame DSLR's around for weeks at a time on planes, trains and automobiles (and buses, and trams...). And I'm tired of 'enthusiast' P&S cameras that just don't have the responsiveness and feature set you'd want.

So I picked up an Olympus E-P5 kit with the VF-4 electronic viewfinder and 17mm f/1.8 prime (that's 34mm equivalent, for those
...Show more

Steve,

interesting. For similar reasoning I went with the Fuji X100S which gets superb reviews. Small & unobtrusive. One thing I'm finding is that going from the DSLR to the range finder / Leica style camera takes a bit of getting used to. The 35mm EFL is forcing me to look more at composition and where I position myself for a shot.
I decided against the M4/3 format as I didn't want to have 2 bags full of lenses.

Mark

Aug 24, 2013 at 07:05 PM
stevezzzz
• • • •
p.3857 #19 · p.3857 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

MMcGrath wrote
Steve,

interesting. For similar reasoning I went with the Fuji X100S which gets superb reviews. Small & unobtrusive. One thing I'm finding is that going from the DSLR to the range finder / Leica style camera takes a bit of getting used to. The 35mm EFL is forcing me to look more at composition and where I position myself for a shot.
I decided against the M4/3 format as I didn't want to have 2 bags full of lenses.

Mark

Yeah, but they're small lenses...

Aug 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM
PDumm
• •
p.3857 #20 · p.3857 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Hi Zim,

I'm so ready for the D4X!

Hi Jim, You know some thing we don't
I know rumors, just rumors.